Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Aug 31, 2021 at 17:51 Quote
There are 2 Allen bolts on the back of my shock that come loose, maybe check those.

Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 8:47 Quote
umairica wrote:
H2o1199 wrote:
I am trying to diagnose a loose main pivot on a 2021 Mega 290 Carbon. I've taken the main pivot bolt out and put it back in to make sure it was tight. Something is still not right and there is a lot of side-to-side play in the rear triangle, seemingly coming from the main pivot. Is there a chance that something in there has ovalized, such as the bearings or the bolt holes?

Have you tried tightening all of the linkage bolts?

Yes, many times. All of them.

Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 9:31 Quote
H2o1199 wrote:
umairica wrote:
H2o1199 wrote:
I am trying to diagnose a loose main pivot on a 2021 Mega 290 Carbon. I've taken the main pivot bolt out and put it back in to make sure it was tight. Something is still not right and there is a lot of side-to-side play in the rear triangle, seemingly coming from the main pivot. Is there a chance that something in there has ovalized, such as the bearings or the bolt holes?

There are 2 Allen bolts on the back of my shock that come loose, maybe check those.

Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 9:44 Quote
unrooted wrote:
H2o1199 wrote:
umairica wrote:

Yeah, mine came loose too make sure you check those. Just use a small Allen key and you can tighten them without taking the air out of the shock. It should be a 2.5 or 3 mm

Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 11:42 Quote
umairica wrote:
unrooted wrote:
H2o1199 wrote:

Yeah, mine came loose too make sure you check those. Just use a small Allen key and you can tighten them without taking the air out of the shock. It should be a 2.5 or 3 mm

It's just one bolt on the back of my X2 shock. It's tight. I am pretty sure the play is in the main pivot, but I am not sure why it has play. Either something is ovalized, or the bearings are bad and causing play?

Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 17:07 Quote
H2o1199 wrote:
umairica wrote:
unrooted wrote:

It's just one bolt on the back of my X2 shock. It's tight. I am pretty sure the play is in the main pivot, but I am not sure why it has play. Either something is ovalized, or the bearings are bad and causing play?

could you upload a video to youtube, just so i can see exactly whats moving, and have you had the bike long enough for the bearings to wear out?

Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 22:09 Quote
H2o1199 wrote:
umairica wrote:
unrooted wrote:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0438/3296/7322/files/MY21_Nukeproof_Mega_Carbon_Exploded_Diagram.pdf?v=1613547985

Looks like they used a lot of spacers/washers and lockrings in the build of that frame (I have the previous model) there is a possibility something has come loose or been forgotten at the factory. You should be able to isolate the location of play by getting someone to move the frame sideways while you check each joint for play by holding it so your finger and thumb is each touching both parts of the linkage at that joint. Once you isolate the location you need to strip it down and take a closer look to see if somethings missing, the bearing is worn or it’s loose in its socket. If you can’t do this then take it to a bike shop or someone who knows what they are doing as you will be on here for ages while people fire random suggestions at you.

Posted: Sep 3, 2021 at 8:18 Quote
[Quote="unrooted"][Quote="H2o1199"][Quote="umairica"]

Yeah, the lower shock bolt on my 2020 Mega comes loose from time to time, and the 2 screws that hold on the bearing mount on the bottom of the shock also come loose pretty regularly. I've heard that it's due to flex in the rear end. Something to keep an eye on.

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 14:07 Quote
Does anyone know if a 2020 fox x2 will fit in a 2017 275 mega?

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 23:12 Quote
quickhips wrote:
Does anyone know if a 2020 fox x2 will fit in a 2017 275 mega?

if i remember correctly it needs offset bushings to avoid shock contact to frame shock mount.
I ve been running öhlins ttx22m with offset bushings for same reasons for few years now without any problems.

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 23:21 Quote
Right ok thanks very much. Trying to find a shock second hand is turning out to be a nightmare haha

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 20:13 Quote
Inclag wrote:

Details please!

Last time I checked you were at ~190mm rear travel. Assume the fork is lowered?

How does it handle?

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 3:28 Quote
Mfro wrote:
Inclag wrote:

Details please!

How does it handle?

200mm for the Boxxer. I was previously at 180mm with a Yari. Axle to crown is only 10mm difference.

Right off the bat the entire front end is an order of magnitude stiffer which addressed the biggest issue I had which is that there is a lot of flex with single crowns and at the stem/steerer interface.

Handling seems fine. I plan to take it to some proper downhill next week. Only one ride at a local trail system. There are a couple drops that have some odd setups with corners leading into them. Overshot both very easily. Came into them going the same pace and proactively ensuring I had speed, but the front tire stayed planted and held the corner way better than with the single crown.

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 4:34 Quote
Inclag wrote:
Mfro wrote:
Inclag wrote:

Details please!

How does it handle?

200mm for the Boxxer. I was previously at 180mm with a Yari. Axle to crown is only 10mm difference.

Right off the bat the entire front end is an order of magnitude stiffer which addressed the biggest issue I had which is that there is a lot of flex with single crowns and at the stem/steerer interface.

Handling seems fine. I plan to take it to some proper downhill next week. Only one ride at a local trail system. There are a couple drops that have some odd setups with corners leading into them. Overshot both very easily. Came into them going the same pace and proactively ensuring I had speed, but the front tire stayed planted and held the corner way better than with the single crown.

Do you still use it for general trail riding now?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009975
Mobile Version of Website