Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 4:59 Quote
Mfro wrote:
Inclag wrote:
Mfro wrote:


Details please!

Last time I checked you were at ~190mm rear travel. Assume the fork is lowered?

How does it handle?

200mm for the Boxxer. I was previously at 180mm with a Yari. Axle to crown is only 10mm difference.

Right off the bat the entire front end is an order of magnitude stiffer which addressed the biggest issue I had which is that there is a lot of flex with single crowns and at the stem/steerer interface.

Handling seems fine. I plan to take it to some proper downhill next week. Only one ride at a local trail system. There are a couple drops that have some odd setups with corners leading into them. Overshot both very easily. Came into them going the same pace and proactively ensuring I had speed, but the front tire stayed planted and held the corner way better than with the single crown.

Do you still use it for general trail riding now?

I do. Definitely overbiked, but I grew up riding and still love DH and while bikes have improved there is just no comparison between an Enduro bike and a DH bike. My winter project is to pull together a lighter weight wheelset that I can swap between. The Michelin's are like 1500 grams, which I've adjusted to, but they definitely suck some major wattage out of you on the big mountain and huge climb days.

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 14:03 Quote
Inclag wrote:
Mfro wrote:
Inclag wrote:


200mm for the Boxxer. I was previously at 180mm with a Yari. Axle to crown is only 10mm difference.

Right off the bat the entire front end is an order of magnitude stiffer which addressed the biggest issue I had which is that there is a lot of flex with single crowns and at the stem/steerer interface.

Handling seems fine. I plan to take it to some proper downhill next week. Only one ride at a local trail system. There are a couple drops that have some odd setups with corners leading into them. Overshot both very easily. Came into them going the same pace and proactively ensuring I had speed, but the front tire stayed planted and held the corner way better than with the single crown.

Do you still use it for general trail riding now?

I do. Definitely overbiked, but I grew up riding and still love DH and while bikes have improved there is just no comparison between an Enduro bike and a DH bike. My winter project is to pull together a lighter weight wheelset that I can swap between. The Michelin's are like 1500 grams, which I've adjusted to, but they definitely suck some major wattage out of you on the big mountain and huge climb days.

LOL at "Overbiked". The same level as using a nuclear bomb to get rid of a fly in your house. I love it though. I would personally run a Manitou Dorado.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 1:51 Quote
Has anyone ridden a 2021 Mega in both Carbon and Alloy form if so, how different are they in terms of feel? I demo rode a 290 Carbon Elite at the weekend and absolutely loved it, it's come on miles since my last Mega, a 2013 AM.

I'd be looking for a Frame only a build it mostly using the parts from my current bike. The carbon frame will simply be out of budget so it would have to be an alloy one for me

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 6:06 Quote
aly-14 wrote:
Has anyone ridden a 2021 Mega in both Carbon and Alloy form if so, how different are they in terms of feel? I demo rode a 290 Carbon Elite at the weekend and absolutely loved it, it's come on miles since my last Mega, a 2013 AM.

I'd be looking for a Frame only a build it mostly using the parts from my current bike. The carbon frame will simply be out of budget so it would have to be an alloy one for me

According to there website they weigh about the same so that’s shouldn’t effect things too much. I have a alloy frame and find it’s a great all rounder, did consider the carbon one at first but I’m happy now. Looks wise the carbon looks better, but I’m happy with mine. Presume the carbon one would be slightly stiffer.

You would get a super deluxe ultimate on the alloy frame, which is a great shock anyway and at least you can service it yourself. The x2 on the carbon may be slightly better performance wise but you’d have to send it off to be serviced every year, so if your trying to do things on a budget the alloy frame maybe be a lot cheaper in the long run.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 8:08 Quote
Looking to get replacement bearings for my Reactor. CRC is out of stock or I'd just get the kit there so I'm looking elsewhere.
From the frame manual the part number for four of the bearings is: 6901-2RS ("B8")
This equates to an Enduro bearing in the CRC kit with part number: 6901 LLU MAX

I've been able to source 6901-2RS bearings easily, but can't find any with the ("B8") code. My curiosity is peaked.
(1) What is the ("B8") about? What does it mean?

Thanks.

*EDIT- I had to put parenthesis around "B8" or the form changes it to an emoji like this (BCool

Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 2:08 Quote
Has anyone had any success with warranty claims from Nukeproof / Wiggle?

I've reached out to wiggle who said their warranty team would get back to me, about 2 weeks ago. I've also been in touch with NP directly knowing they couldn't help but hoping that a message might make it to wiggle. I'd love to be able to send some pics to a human and get a useful response.

Cheers

Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 7:11 Quote
cycle-laine wrote:
Has anyone had any success with warranty claims from Nukeproof / Wiggle?

I've reached out to wiggle who said their warranty team would get back to me, about 2 weeks ago. I've also been in touch with NP directly knowing they couldn't help but hoping that a message might make it to wiggle. I'd love to be able to send some pics to a human and get a useful response.

Cheers

I have had success, but with CRC and not Wiggle. I had a very minor issue with a new REACTOR that I bought through Chain Reaction Cycles. I reported the problem and they got back to me with a resolution in a reasonable amount of time.

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 4:41 Quote
cycle-laine wrote:
Has anyone had any success with warranty claims from Nukeproof / Wiggle?

I've reached out to wiggle who said their warranty team would get back to me, about 2 weeks ago. I've also been in touch with NP directly knowing they couldn't help but hoping that a message might make it to wiggle. I'd love to be able to send some pics to a human and get a useful response.

Cheers

Keep pestering, they'll get back to you eventually.

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 6:48 Quote
Hi Fellow NP owners,

Has anyone with a 2021 mega or reactor alloy frame noticed excessive paint chipping? I bought
a new mega pro which arrived with a few (5mm ish) paint chips around the head set. Can see the bare metal. After 2 leisurely fire road rides I also noticed a few new paint chips on the frame.
I had a 2017 YT capra base before and after a few years of hard duty there were a few scratches but no missing paint.

Otherwise, it's an awesome bike.

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 6:53 Quote
Chucker147 wrote:
Hi Fellow NP owners,

Has anyone with a 2021 mega or reactor alloy frame noticed excessive paint chipping? I bought
a new mega pro which arrived with a few (5mm ish) paint chips around the head set. Can see the bare metal. After 2 leisurely fire road rides I also noticed a few new paint chips on the frame.
I had a 2017 YT capra base before and after a few years of hard duty there were a few scratches but no missing paint.

Otherwise, it's an awesome bike.

I've got a Reactor and it has a bunch of paint chips around the lower pivot bearing area and flip chip area. The paint is fine in the large, flat regions. It only seems weak in the places where the paint transitions to a non-painted area. The bike came with a tiny bottle of touch up paint, but I haven't touched it. The chipping doesn't bother me.

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 5:24 Quote
Nukeproof paint SUCKS!!!!

Posted: Oct 9, 2021 at 14:25 Quote
unrooted wrote:
Nukeproof paint SUCKS!!!!

Yup. Seems the mid-2020 to current bikes all have crap paint. Knock on wood, my early 2020 Reactor is holding up well. [knock on wood] but I'm afraid to peel of the PPF to replace it. I saw one guy try to peel off the factory PPF from the downtube and half the paint peeled off on his carbon frame. Yikes! I guess I should replace mine next year since it'll still be covered under warranty...

Posted: 22 mins ago Quote
Test rode a scout race and if was very good but also heavy. Over 14kg!!
It was running tubes, so I'm hoping it was just very heavy tubes.

Anyone with a scout have there actual bike weight?
I'm hoping a stock bike running tubeless is closer to 13.

Thanks.

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006959
Mobile Version of Website