Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 7:27 Quote
Hello,

I am in the process of building a nukeproof mega 275 carbon and I am looking at running a coil shock, I’ve gone for grey zeb ultimates upfront and was wondering if anyone knows of a spring that colour matches the zeb? Will be fitting a rock shox super deluxe coil shock and hoping to get a match so any help is appreciated!

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 8:12 Quote
TMBMTB wrote:
Hi,
I've looking for a swing arm for my 2018 Mega 290, I've got a crack in one of the welds, and I'm looking for a replacement.
Cheers
I don't have a swing arm but I just want to say:
First - the large amount of apparent grinding wear you have in that spot is surprising to me. Maybe it's just me...
Second - that 'crack' looks superficial and non-threatening. I'd take it to a welder or somebody with NDT experience and let them have a look. As it is alu you could conceivably have it repaired on the spot by a skilled welder if there actually is a crack.

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 8:14 Quote
Brennan-mid wrote:
Hello,

I am in the process of building a nukeproof mega 275 carbon and I am looking at running a coil shock, I’ve gone for grey zeb ultimates upfront and was wondering if anyone knows of a spring that colour matches the zeb? Will be fitting a rock shox super deluxe coil shock and hoping to get a match so any help is appreciated!

Perhaps I'm daft, but couldn't you simply take the coil and spray-paint it any color you desire and have it match without fussing with hoping for an exact match through an online purchase?
Just a thought.

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 9:05 Quote
Brennan-mid wrote:
Hello,

EXT springs or Super alloy racing maybe ?

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 9:06 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
Brennan-mid wrote:
Hello,

Perhaps I'm daft, but couldn't you simply take the coil and spray-paint it any color you desire and have it match without fussing with hoping for an exact match through an online purchase?
Just a thought.

I’ve considered that but I’d end up ruining it

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 3:58 Quote
Hello i am on the look out for a new shock for a 2017 mega 275. The bike came with a rockshox monarch rc3 and it's died so want to move away from it rather than replacing it with the same. I am struggling to find a shock to fit, it needs a 216x 63 or 8.5x2.5. Dont think the frame can fit a fox X2 with out some frame modification and or offset bushings so sort of ruled that out. Leaves me with either cane creek , which i have heard suffer from a clunk after a while just like the monarch did. Or a fox float dpx2.

So does anyone have any suggestions or experience with either of these shocks?

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 10:27 Quote
I’ve got cane creek DB air and Ohlins TTX coil for my Mega and both work awesome!! Far far superior to the Monarch, your mind will be blown when you make the move to a better shock trust me.

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 14:07 Quote
What's up everyone. I am riding the Nukeproof Giga 275 Comp. I love the bike but the only gripe I have is the dropper seat post. I really wish I was able to slam the dropper all the way down. Instead is sticks out of the seat post around 5inches.

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 14:26 Quote
alserna wrote:
What's up everyone. I am riding the Nukeproof Giga 275 Comp. I love the bike but the only gripe I have is the dropper seat post. I really wish I was able to slam the dropper all the way down. Instead is sticks out of the seat post around 5inches.

Get a longer one?

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 22:40 Quote
alserna wrote:

too short seat post or too short of a dropper. Either way, what you need is a short insert dropper with a big extension. Check out the ones from One Up, the v2 model.

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 3:13 Quote
eugenux wrote:
alserna wrote:

too short seat post or too short of a dropper. Either way, what you need is a short insert dropper with a big extension. Check out the ones from One Up, the v2 model.

Thank you. I think the dropper is to big even though it is the stock 125mm dropper brand-x

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 4:54 Quote
alserna wrote:
eugenux wrote:
alserna wrote:

Thank you. I think the dropper is to big even though it is the stock 125mm dropper brand-x

I assume it's a small? The Giga has quite good insertion depth (212mm), so depending on leg length, you may be able to run a 150 (237mm stack) or even 180 (267mm stack) OneUp dropper.

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 5:58 Quote
Anyone run coil and can throw some recommendations at me? It's for my 2018 27.5 mega. Looking to source one in the near future with help from TF tuned but figured first hand experiences are always welcome

Cheers

Price range somewhere in the middle

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 7:22 Quote
Trooke wrote:
Anyone run coil and can throw some recommendations at me? It's for my 2018 27.5 mega. Looking to source one in the near future with help from TF tuned but figured first hand experiences are always welcome

Cheers

Price range somewhere in the middle

I've had Canecreek double barrel coil and öhlins ttx22m coil, i can recomend both but kept Öhlins because its easy to swap settings on fly without tools. I think new ccdb can be set without tools so its good option.
If you are lightweight rider, öhlins might need to tune for your weight, mine was quite overdamped but now with custom tune its spot on.
With coil shock nukeproof bottoms out pretty easy (30% sag, light damping) so you may need to try progressive spring (mrp, canecreek etc)

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 8:23 Quote
Ohlins TTX22M here, had it tuned to Mega leverage curve by J-Tech and it’s mint!!

Will be selling this one soon too as swapping to a new frame after Christmas and unfortunately it won’t fit.

Have CCDB air too which is very very good, but not quite as good as the coil.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015485
Mobile Version of Website