close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 14:17 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
alserna wrote:
eugenux wrote:

too short seat post or too short of a dropper. Either way, what you need is a short insert dropper with a big extension. Check out the ones from One Up, the v2 model.

Thank you. I think the dropper is to big even though it is the stock 125mm dropper brand-x

I assume it's a small? The Giga has quite good insertion depth (212mm), so depending on leg length, you may be able to run a 150 (237mm stack) or even 180 (267mm stack) OneUp dropper.

Hi,
I'm also riding giga 275 (size L) and I changed the stock 170mm BrandX to 185 BikeYoke Divine. Fits perfectly.

Posted: Nov 14, 2021 at 22:05 Quote
On the topic of longer dropper posts.......

Another way if getting a longer dropper to fit is to get the next post diameter smaller (e,g, 30.9 instead of 31.6) and run a shim. The insertion length on my 2019 Mega 290 would not allow me to run a 180mm OneUp (even with it's short insertion), so I was going to need a 150mm.!.

But I am now running a 185mm Bike Yoke no problem with the shim. It allows the post to insert much further past the small bend in the seat tube.

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 1:11 Quote
Cpembo6 wrote:

Another way if getting a longer dropper to fit is to get the next post diameter smaller (e,g, 30.9 instead of 31.6) and run a shim. The insertion length on my 2019 Mega 290 would not allow me to run a 180mm OneUp (even with it's short insertion), so I was going to need a 150mm.!.

But I am now running a 185mm Bike Yoke no problem with the shim. It allows the post to insert much further past the small bend in the seat tube.

Cunning! Never thought of this.

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 5:14 Quote
Trooke wrote:
Anyone run coil and can throw some recommendations at me? It's for my 2018 27.5 mega. Looking to source one in the near future with help from TF tuned but figured first hand experiences are always welcome

Cheers

Price range somewhere in the middle
Hi,

I'm using a Rock Shox Super Deluxe Coil RCT on the Mega 275 2018. Original Tune is M/M and it works much better for me, than the original ML Tune from the Super Deluxe Air. My weight is around 88 kg.
I'm also using a DVO Topaz T3 Air which is not worse than the RS Coil. I'm switching beetween these two, everytime I want.

Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 14:45 Quote
Cpembo6 wrote:

Ohh, that's a good one for the books. Thanks.

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 19:34 Quote
Should I get a Giga 290 Comp for Tahoe? There are only 2 left in my size, I probably have to grab one tonight or else.

I have hardtail already. Ideally I wanted an Enduro bike, and the Giga seems bigger, but then again not too big. Reviews make it seem pedal-able and fairly snappy for how big of a bike it is. I had a Commencal Clash last year, and rarely felt too overbiked.

This would also be my first carbon bike. I tend to be a bruiser, and buy only aluminum since I live near and hit a lot of rocks in Tahoe, but this Nukeproof at $3600 makes it seem worthwhile to try. The only other Carbon bike I'd buy is a Enduro, at $5000 plus plus, seems more scary for my first foray.

What you guys think? Time is of the essence.

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 22:01 Quote
I think the Gita would be too big for pedallg trails around Tahoe, I have a mega and feel like it’s a bit much for Tahoe trails.

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 22:26 Quote
dan raced a Giga at crankworx and didnt seem to hold him back both in DH and in slalom etc
Get a shock like the dpx2, open, trail and Pedal... ride it in trail with LSC turned up a bit.
This is how i ride my Mega, deliberately went with a dpx2 and Marz z1, i ride it 90% in trail and the compression high(firmer) about 40% on the fork and its awesome fork my local trails.
I open her up for the bike park and its awesome.

Posted: Nov 27, 2021 at 0:45 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
Should I get a Giga 290 Comp for Tahoe? There are only 2 left in my size, I probably have to grab one tonight or else.

I have hardtail already. Ideally I wanted an Enduro bike, and the Giga seems bigger, but then again not too big. Reviews make it seem pedal-able and fairly snappy for how big of a bike it is. I had a Commencal Clash last year, and rarely felt too overbiked.

This would also be my first carbon bike. I tend to be a bruiser, and buy only aluminum since I live near and hit a lot of rocks in Tahoe, but this Nukeproof at $3600 makes it seem worthwhile to try. The only other Carbon bike I'd buy is a Enduro, at $5000 plus plus, seems more scary for my first foray.

What you guys think? Time is of the essence.

if a 170/180 mm bike does not struck to you as a big bike, nothing will. Having said that, I live in the fields where even my reactor feels like too much of a bike and currently building a giga(the last parts I needed showed up yesterday) so, I am not in the position to criticize anyone. I'm doing it burly with assegai maxxgrip so, not really for pedaling around my area though.

Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 19:15 Quote
Damn, I missed it. I shoulda grabbed. I'm currently looking at a base model alloy Transition Spire, which is significantly more expensive with tax, and doesn't come with the Zeb fork.

Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 19:50 Quote
I'm looking to get a hardtail and am between the Nukeproof 27.5 Scout Comp and the Vitus Sentier VR 27.5? Does anyone have any experience with these? Trying to gain more input on those who have more experience with the two.

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 6:06 Quote
bahamabermzz wrote:
I'm looking to get a hardtail and am between the Nukeproof 27.5 Scout Comp and the Vitus Sentier VR 27.5? Does anyone have any experience with these? Trying to gain more input on those who have more experience with the two.

I ride a FS Nukeproof so I'm biased but have no experience on the Scout. You might try in the 'Aggressive Hardtails' thread though. I know there are Scout and probably Vitus riders there.
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=112056&pagenum=1799#commentid7041985

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 6:45 Quote
Im thinking of getting a Giga. Headtubes on the nukeproofs dont look tapered. Is that correct, and if so why not? Cheers

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 8:14 Quote
The giga is tapered but all bikes should use the 56 standard so reach and angle headsets could be used without compromises. Got a green giga 290 frame medium from chain reaction unopened that I’m sending back unless someone from Cali Bay Area is interested. Pm me if so

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 15:31 Quote
splayleg wrote:
The giga is tapered but all bikes should use the 56 standard so reach and angle headsets could be used without compromises. Got a green giga 290 frame medium from chain reaction unopened that I’m sending back unless someone from Cali Bay Area is interested. Pm me if so
Cool, thanks.
Why sending it back, didnt want a giga in the end?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007081
Mobile Version of Website