Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Author Message
Posted: Dec 13, 2021 at 6:43 Quote
splayleg wrote:
No I bought a Np because Sam Hill is my favorite rider and don’t care about chips or scratches in fact in my book a dirty beat up bike is always more sexy than a sparkly clean one. I’ve had a couple of their frames and no cracks or failures that’s all I want. A few more days at dirty dog ranch is what she needs
Same here. I love Sam and I love riding the hell out of my NP - it can take a beating better than me.
Chips in the paint show that you actually ride your bike. You can touch it up if you want to, but why bother if you're only going to chip it again?
Anyway, where I ride there isn't a bike without some chips in the paint. If there is then it must either be a brand new bike or the guy rides exceptionally slowly and cautiously.

Posted: Dec 13, 2021 at 6:53 Quote
unrooted wrote:
Does anyone else regret buying a Nukeproof based entirely on the horrible quality paint they use??? I’m still kicking myself for not getting another banshee frame.

[Knock on wood] I bought a Reactor from the early 2019 release batches and haven't had any paint issues. I've replaced PPF on the chainstays etc and haven't peeled off any paint. But after seeing all the issues with paint etc afterwards, I was a little put off. That said, NP has been pretty good with warranty replacements and paint finish is covered. I know a few riders who had cracked rear triangles on their 2018/2019 frames or flaked paint (not just paint chip in the usual wear areas) and were replaced with the new 2020/2021 frames.

Posted: Dec 19, 2021 at 14:11 Quote
Hello,

Has anyone got an experience with the new 2021 model mega and the internal routing. I have a new frame and was wondering if vibration damping foam was necessary or if this was already inplace in the frame?

Thanks in advance

Posted: Dec 19, 2021 at 15:11 Quote
I bought the frame and it included the foam, so I’d assume it’s already in there…

Posted: Dec 19, 2021 at 15:13 Quote
unrooted wrote:
I bought the frame and it included the foam, so I’d assume it’s already in there…
I just got the new 2022 and it didn’t include any so wasn’t too sure

Posted: Dec 24, 2021 at 9:28 Quote
Brennan-mid wrote:
unrooted wrote:
I bought the frame and it included the foam, so I’d assume it’s already in there…
I just got the new 2022 and it didn’t include any so wasn’t too sure

The new frame has tits (tube in tube) technology

Posted: Dec 25, 2021 at 0:22 Quote
Thought I would share my opinion with CRC warranty. Had to say it was nothing short of excellent. It took only 3 weeks from first contacting them to delivering new frame. Considering that I am from Slovakia and I had to send it to GB I think that's pretty good.

Posted: Dec 25, 2021 at 12:24 Quote
ypsylon213 wrote:
Thought I would share my opinion with CRC warranty. Had to say it was nothing short of excellent. It took only 3 weeks from first contacting them to delivering new frame. Considering that I am from Slovakia and I had to send it to GB I think that's pretty good.

Which frame was broken?

Posted: Dec 26, 2021 at 6:48 Quote
CRC are amazing with warranties on Nukeproof stuff, I had to use them a lot years back when my Scalp frame kept on cracking, always sorted me out within a few weeks.

Posted: Dec 26, 2021 at 7:35 Quote
rainbow82 wrote:
ypsylon213 wrote:
Thought I would share my opinion with CRC warranty. Had to say it was nothing short of excellent. It took only 3 weeks from first contacting them to delivering new frame. Considering that I am from Slovakia and I had to send it to GB I think that's pretty good.

Which frame was broken?

Mega 290 MY2020

Mega 290

Posted: Dec 27, 2021 at 11:41 Quote
My 2019 Nukeproof scout 275.
Custom painted by me and custom decals made by invisiframe
Sorry for the blown out pictures, still need to get some better ones.

Posted: Dec 28, 2021 at 4:50 Quote
Anyone ridden a Mega 297 yet?

Looking to replace my current YT Jeffsy 29er and really want to stay on a 29er, but at 168cm I'm thinking a mullet setup could work really well for me.

Posted: Dec 28, 2021 at 10:27 Quote
AlexJames123 wrote:
My 2019 Nukeproof scout 275.
Custom painted by me and custom decals made by invisiframe
Sorry for the blown out pictures, still need to get some better ones.

Looks awesome! Powder coated or sprayer?

Posted: Dec 28, 2021 at 18:46 Quote
Picked up a Reactor275c (large) off the PB buy/sell this summer. Built it up from the parts from my slack hardtail. Ended up adding some new bits and swapping the noisy dpx2 for a coil cause I couldn’t help myself. My first modern fs bike and I couldn’t be happier with it. Perfect fit and geo for tearing around our woods in NY.

Posted: Dec 29, 2021 at 11:05 Quote
tanner1280 wrote:
Picked up a Reactor275c (large) off the PB buy/sell this summer. Built it up from the parts from my slack hardtail. Ended up adding some new bits and swapping the noisy dpx2 for a coil cause I couldn’t help myself. My first modern fs bike and I couldn’t be happier with it. Perfect fit and geo for tearing around our woods in NY.

Congrats! The Reactor is such a fun bike to rip trails on.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011081
Mobile Version of Website