Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Dec 30, 2021 at 16:16 Quote
tanner1280 wrote:
Picked up a Reactor275c (large) off the PB buy/sell this summer. Built it up from the parts from my slack hardtail. Ended up adding some new bits and swapping the noisy dpx2 for a coil cause I couldn’t help myself. My first modern fs bike and I couldn’t be happier with it. Perfect fit and geo for tearing around our woods in NY.

love the build but... non- steep and heavy trail riding on 150 mm, coiled 27.5" wheeld bike?, ppl do still ride 27.5"?.. in basically 2022?... or this 27.5" is a thing that keep on going in the American continent?

Posted: Dec 30, 2021 at 18:38 Quote
eugenux wrote:
tanner1280 wrote:
Picked up a Reactor275c (large) off the PB buy/sell this summer. Built it up from the parts from my slack hardtail. Ended up adding some new bits and swapping the noisy dpx2 for a coil cause I couldn’t help myself. My first modern fs bike and I couldn’t be happier with it. Perfect fit and geo for tearing around our woods in NY.

love the build but... non- steep and heavy trail riding on 150 mm, coiled 27.5" wheeld bike?, ppl do still ride 27.5"?.. in basically 2022?... or this 27.5" is a thing that keep on going in the American continent?

Can’t speak for other 275 fans, but horses for courses. I do 99% of my riding on trails we’ve built on our farm with my kids. Lots of tight, twisty, chunky, rooty, slick, slimy and steep stuff and we’re adding jumps as the kids progress. UK bike is at home in this climate. Wet 9 months of the year. Hell, we raise Shetland sheep because they’re that well suited.

This bike is way more fun to toss around than my 29ers on these trails, and it’s bomb proof and low maintenance. That’s why I kept the 2016 11 speed gx drivetrain.

I’m 6’2” and for sure would ride 29 if I still lived in CO or the PNW, but this build is perfect for the tighter slower trails in the northeast and could handle the odd day at windham with no complaints. It’s a big bmx for my battered 40 yo body. It suits my jeans/tshirt ride straight off the back porch set up we have here.

Posted: Dec 31, 2021 at 9:55 Quote
tanner1280 wrote:
eugenux wrote:
tanner1280 wrote:

Can’t speak for other 275 fans, but horses for courses. I do 99% of my riding on trails we’ve built on our farm with my kids. Lots of tight, twisty, chunky, rooty, slick, slimy and steep stuff and we’re adding jumps as the kids progress. UK bike is at home in this climate. Wet 9 months of the year. Hell, we raise Shetland sheep because they’re that well suited.

This bike is way more fun to toss around than my 29ers on these trails, and it’s bomb proof and low maintenance. That’s why I kept the 2016 11 speed gx drivetrain.

I’m 6’2” and for sure would ride 29 if I still lived in CO or the PNW, but this build is perfect for the tighter slower trails in the northeast and could handle the odd day at windham with no complaints. It’s a big bmx for my battered 40 yo body. It suits my jeans/tshirt ride straight off the back porch set up we have here.

then it seems to be a win. congraz again for the build! (cheers and a happy new year!)

Posted: Dec 31, 2021 at 21:40 Quote
eugenux wrote:

Everyone's jumping on the 29er band wagon doesn't mean it's the next best thing to sliced bread... They do ride nice on some trails but not everyone is into 29ers. I much prefer to flick around my 27.5 on tight, twisty trails and hitting jumps etc.

Posted: Jan 1, 2022 at 8:12 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/21860824/

Old frame, new color

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 4:59 Quote
Hi all.

seem to have bent the rear triangle of my alloy 2020 nukeproof mega 290, as now the holes that the bolts go in to connect the seatstays to the linkage are around 4mm out of allignment.

has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers,
Oliver

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 6:53 Quote
Afternoon all,

In the final stages of spec-ing a Mega 297. I'm 168cm so right at the lower end of the sizing for a medium. The reach is only 5mm longer than my current bike, but being on the shorter side I'm wondering if there's any advantage with putting on a 35mm stem rather than the 50mm it comes with?

G

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 7:05 Quote
scz4 wrote:
Afternoon all,

In the final stages of spec-ing a Mega 297. I'm 168cm so right at the lower end of the sizing for a medium. The reach is only 5mm longer than my current bike, but being on the shorter side I'm wondering if there's any advantage with putting on a 35mm stem rather than the 50mm it comes with?

G

I don't think I'd even be able to tell the difference between a 5 mm reach on a bike especially as I'm moving around on the bike so much during a normal ride that the 5 mm would be negligible. MAYBE I'd be able to somehow sense the difference if it were a road bike because in that case I'd be hunched in the same shape for hours, but on a mountain bike I don't think so.

In any case I'd just get the bike with the stem it comes with and ride that sucker. If it felt too long then change stems later.

Good luck!

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 8:19 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
scz4 wrote:
Afternoon all,

G

I don't think I'd even be able to tell the difference between a 5 mm reach on a bike especially as I'm moving around on the bike so much during a normal ride that the 5 mm would be negligible. MAYBE I'd be able to somehow sense the difference if it were a road bike because in that case I'd be hunched in the same shape for hours, but on a mountain bike I don't think so.

In any case I'd just get the bike with the stem it comes with and ride that sucker. If it felt too long then change stems later.

Good luck!
this above! (I don't think you'll need a 35mm stem. The 40mm will be enough if the 50mm feels long)

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 11:03 Quote
eugenux wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:
scz4 wrote:
Afternoon all,

G

Good luck!
this above! (I don't think you'll need a 35mm stem. The 40mm will be enough if the 50mm feels long)

Thanks guys, will take your advice and stick with the 50mm stem for now. Only reason I suggested 35mm is I can swap the 50mm Nukeproof stem for a 35mm stem free of charge (hopefully).

Posted: Jan 10, 2022 at 10:10 Quote
Nukeproof Pulse XL 2018, sandblasted, powder coated, all new zee/saint parts except the seat, wheels, fork and shock.

Posted: Jan 10, 2022 at 13:10 Quote
Trinimon wrote:
AlexJames123 wrote:
My 2019 Nukeproof scout 275.
Custom painted by me and custom decals made by invisiframe
Sorry for the blown out pictures, still need to get some better ones.

Looks awesome! Powder coated or sprayer?

Sorry for the mega late reply (see what I did there?)

Proper automotive paint and 2 pack lacquer, it's actually a triumph motorcycle paint Smile

Posted: Jan 11, 2022 at 14:42 Quote
bemix wrote:
Nukeproof Pulse XL 2018, sandblasted, powder coated, all new zee/saint parts except the seat, wheels, fork and shock.

That looks amazing dude.

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 15:56 Quote
Hey everybody,

I may have a brand new Mega 290 RS - Medium available for sale. Bike would come directly from shop in box with warranty just like ordering a bike online. I paid for it a year ago and it's finally showing up now. I will confirm whether it's the 2021 or 2022 colors.

Anyhow interested in buying it?

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 3:55 Quote
Recently purchased a 2019 nukeproof mega is it safe enough running 220mm rotors on the rear.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011643
Mobile Version of Website