Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 5:33 Quote
bigburd wrote:
bemix wrote:
Nukeproof Pulse XL 2018, sandblasted, powder coated, all new zee/saint parts except the seat, wheels, fork and shock.

That looks amazing dude.

Thanks mate, glad you like it Smile

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 17:04 Quote
matt2532 wrote:
Recently purchased a 2019 nukeproof mega is it safe enough running 220mm rotors on the rear.

I asked nukeproof about this in regards to my 2020 mega 290 and they said stick to a maximum of 203 in the rear. I would imagine this applies to previous models of the bike as well, I changed to using metallic pads and downhill brakes and that gave me more or less all the stopping power i needed.

Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 8:07 Quote
Full rebuild and new paint job. Saddle color doesnt match anymoreMadder

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 0:39 Quote
Morning all,

It was new bike day at the weekend

After far too much online research and test rides, a Nukeproof Mega 297 came up at my local dealer coincidentally in medium, it was just meant to be! Being a short a$$ I was very intrigued about mullet bikes and so far so good. For reference I’m coming from a 2019 YT Jeffsy Pro Race 29er with 160mm front and 150mm rear travel and few other tweaks (offset bushes etc). I’m certainly not the most aggressive or fastest rider, but looking for a bike which can help get my confidence back and bring my riding on, especially on the steep narly stuff.

I made a few minor changes:
- Replaced the 150mm reverb dropper with a 170 Brand-X
- Carbon Nukeproof bars
- Replaced the 32T chainring with a 34T
- Rear Nukeproof rim insert
- Put my SDG Bel Air 3 on (although standard seat is actually ok)
- Fox front mudguard

First impressions:
- A much bigger and heavier rig going uphill. This won’t be helped by the double down casing tyres (got replacements on order). I’ll get used to it I’m sure.
- Front Maxxis Assegai is terrible in the wet\muddy\rooty trails I ride. Gets clogged up really badly (DHR on it’s way MaxxGrip). Can’t get hold of Magic Mary or Michelin Enduro that I’m more familiar with.
- Far less pedal strikes than on my YT Jeffsy, probably because I messed about with the geo too much on it
- Only had a few rides on it, but point it down and it’s amazing. Magic carpet ride. I’ve already broken some PB’s even in these winter conditions
- Suspension works very well out the box (after dropping the front fork pressure by 30PSI)
- Really inspires confidence. Feel with the 170mm dropper I can move around the bike so much more. Always felt perched on the Jeffsy.

Really looking forward to the summer and my trip to the Alps. Few obligatory pictures

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 7:53 Quote
scz4 wrote:
Morning all,

After far too much online research and test rides, a Nukeproof Mega 297 came up at my local dealer coincidentally in medium, it was just meant to be! Being a short a$$ I was very intrigued about mullet bikes and so far so good. For reference I’m coming from a 2019 YT Jeffsy Pro Race 29er with 160mm front and 150mm rear travel and few other tweaks (offset bushes etc). I’m certainly not the most aggressive or fastest rider, but looking for a bike which can help get my confidence back and bring my riding on, especially on the steep narly stuff.

- Carbon Nukeproof bars
- Fox front mudguard

First impressions:
- A much bigger and heavier rig going uphill. This won’t be helped by the double down casing tyres (got replacements on order). I’ll get used to it I’m sure.
- Front Maxxis Assegai is terrible in the wet\muddy\rooty trails I ride. Gets clogged up really badly (DHR on it’s way MaxxGrip). Can’t get hold of Magic Mary or Michelin Enduro that I’m more familiar with.
- Far less pedal strikes than on my YT Jeffsy, probably because I messed about with the geo too much on it
- Only had a few rides on it, but point it down and it’s amazing. Magic carpet ride. I’ve already broken some PB’s even in these winter conditions
- Suspension works very well out the box (after dropping the front fork pressure by 30PSI)
- Really inspires confidence. Feel with the 170mm dropper I can move around the bike so much more. Always felt perched on the Jeffsy.

Really looking forward to the summer and my trip to the Alps. Few obligatory pictures

Congrats! That's one sexy bike. I luv the yellow and the new kraken blue.

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 14:45 Quote
scz4 wrote:
Morning all,

- Carbon Nukeproof bars
- Fox front mudguard

First impressions:

Dropped the pressure from what it was shipped with or 30 PSI from recommended?

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 19:33 Quote
Hey everyone, just wondering if the new Mega Linkage off an alloy frame would slot onto a 2018 Frame?
I hear that the newer versions have muh improved kinematics and as getting a new bike currently is near impossible thought this may be a good stop gap measure.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 1:16 Quote
Does anyone have a rock guard for a 2019 mega alloy frame. Just wondering if you just bought the one for the carbon frame on the website as they don't have one listed for the alloy.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 6:58 Quote
matt2532 wrote:
Does anyone have a rock guard for a 2019 mega alloy frame. Just wondering if you just bought the one for the carbon frame on the website as they don't have one listed for the alloy.

Is yours a 650b or 29er? I see what you mean on the website that it shows 2016-2018 for 650b but I’m pretty sure nothing changed on frame design from 2018-2019. Pretty sure the carbon one wouldn’t work as the down tube is a different shape. Best bet is firing a message over to them to double check.

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 9:46 Quote
I'm back in the club Smile just got a Mega 297 after months of hunting, first ride tomorrow.

Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 1:26 Quote
Morning.

I've been a Nuke rider for years now.

Had the 26" Mega (1st one).

Had the 27.5 Mega TR

Got a 2017 Mega 275 (Teal custom).

The 2017 version is absolutely brilliant - however, My son is now of age and he's wanting that.

Therefore I'm torn slightly...... Has anyone gone from Nuke onto a different frame that is as good or worse? Can you give me a bit of info on what your thoughts were??

I'm only 168cm tall and essentially I would like an Alloy Frame, in Small with a manageable reach (new bikes seem very long these days). I've had Carbon MTB's in the past with bad experiences (I've snapped one) and would like to Stick with Alloy.

I've looked at Privateer, Transition, Commencal - I like enduro bikes.

Cheers John

Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 6:05 Quote
johnski15 wrote:
Morning.

Had the 27.5 Mega TR

The 2017 version is absolutely brilliant - however, My son is now of age and he's wanting that.

Therefore I'm torn slightly...... Has anyone gone from Nuke onto a different frame that is as good or worse? Can you give me a bit of info on what your thoughts were??

I'm only 168cm tall and essentially I would like an Alloy Frame, in Small with a manageable reach (new bikes seem very long these days). I've had Carbon MTB's in the past with bad experiences (I've snapped one) and would like to Stick with Alloy.

Cheers John

Have you looked at Banshee?

Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 10:08 Quote
unrooted wrote:
johnski15 wrote:
Morning.

Had the 27.5 Mega TR

Cheers John

Have you looked at Banshee?

I haven't, but will do. I just wanted to Know if there were any decent alternatives to my just buying the Alloy framed Mega 275 2022

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 9:33 Quote
Did any of you measure your 2021 Nukeproof Mega 290’s suspension travel after that post last week talking about differences between claimed and actual travel?

I have a 2021 mega 290 xxl, with a claimed 160mm rear travel….I measured it yesterday at 165mm of travel….it was hard to do because i couldn’t compress the rear shock completely without pushing on it, so it’s highly possible that a few mm was from the saddle foam compressing…just curious if anyone else tried measuring theirs and what the results were.

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 10:09 Quote
New love

First ride on it today, what a complete beast of a machine, been on DH bikes for over 20 years so took a while to get used to it, by run 5 I was riding with nearly full confidence, simply amazing

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010720
Mobile Version of Website