Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 0:23 Quote
Does anyone know the colour code for Nukeproof Yellow (2021 Mega)? I'd like to buy a touch-up stick. Unfortunately Nukeproof themselves can't\won't help, see below. I really don't understand why they won't disclose the colour code.

Might just try JCB yellow if nobody knows.

"Unfortunately, we use professional bike paint manufacturer colour codes from our manufacturer in Taiwan; these are not available to our final customer due to the codes being custom and exclusively made for our brand. We also no longer supply touch up paint, as it goes dry in storage."

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 3:25 Quote
Looks like you spoke to a member of staff who doesnt even know that this file exists on their own website.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0438/3296/7322/files/Bike_Colour_File-2016_2017_2018_2019_2020_2021_2.pdf?v=1612523360

scz4 wrote:
Does anyone know the colour code for Nukeproof Yellow (2021 Mega)? I'd like to buy a touch-up stick. Unfortunately Nukeproof themselves can't\won't help, see below. I really don't understand why they won't disclose the colour code.

"Unfortunately, we use professional bike paint manufacturer colour codes from our manufacturer in Taiwan; these are not available to our final customer due to the codes being custom and exclusively made for our brand. We also no longer supply touch up paint, as it goes dry in storage."

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 3:44 Quote
andymac83 wrote:
Looks like you spoke to a member of staff who doesnt even know that this file exists on their own website.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0438/3296/7322/files/Bike_Colour_File-2016_2017_2018_2019_2020_2021_2.pdf?v=1612523360

Superb, thanks. Will go with the latest yellow which is 7548C

Just need to work out where I can get old of touch-up paint now I have the colour code.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 7:01 Quote
andymac83 wrote:

scz4 wrote:

That's hilarious! I'd show this to the staff so they could improve their support.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 7:40 Quote
scz4 wrote:
andymac83 wrote:

Superb, thanks. Will go with the latest yellow which is 7548C

Just need to work out where I can get old of touch-up paint now I have the colour code.

Take it to any auto paint place and they’ll mix up a bottle for a few £

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 0:30 Quote
tanner1280 wrote:
Picked up a Reactor275c (large) off the PB buy/sell this summer. Built it up from the parts from my slack hardtail. Ended up adding some new bits and swapping the noisy dpx2 for a coil cause I couldn’t help myself. My first modern fs bike and I couldn’t be happier with it. Perfect fit and geo for tearing around our woods in NY.
photo
photo

Mate - Thats things looks sick. Rad setup

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 9:53 Quote
Recently bought a new Giga 290 elite, with upgraded to factory shock, its amazing! It fits so much better than my previous bike and in going faster and smoother than ever before. It pedals way better than my old capra too, im absolutely stoked on it.
Im trying to get all the shock settings dialled, and on having a quick look inside today i noticed there is at least one volume spacer in the shock. I dont know how many as id need to take the shock off the bike, and didnt have time for this today.
Does anybody know how many spacers come in the giga factory shock?
Also, what are peoples preference for shock sag on the Giga? Im currently on 30% but thinking maybe i should go more toward the 25% mark.
Thanks Smile
Oh yes, also noticed the paint work is really flimsy. Its a good job they have them protection wrapped or the bike would look terrible pretty quickly id say.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 22:11 Quote
Anyone insider knowledge here know if 2022 Reactors will be basically the same bikes as last year, as seems to be the case with a few brands?
I'd love to see that raw carbon one as complete build so heres hoping.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 0:11 Quote
My GF just impulse bought a Mega 297. Arriving any day now. I am expecting to be Mega (sorry) jealous.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 5:31 Quote
radiorog wrote:
Recently bought a new Giga 290 elite, with upgraded to factory shock, its amazing! It fits so much better than my previous bike and in going faster and smoother than ever before. It pedals way better than my old capra too, im absolutely stoked on it.
Im trying to get all the shock settings dialled, and on having a quick look inside today i noticed there is at least one volume spacer in the shock. I dont know how many as id need to take the shock off the bike, and didnt have time for this today.
Also, what are peoples preference for shock sag on the Giga? Im currently on 30% but thinking maybe i should go more toward the 25% mark.
Thanks Smile
Oh yes, also noticed the paint work is really flimsy. Its a good job they have them protection wrapped or the bike would look terrible pretty quickly id say.
I'm also at 30% and, for the way I like a big bike to feel, it still is a little too trail-ish. Ideally, I'd want more cushioning, not less sag.

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 6:51 Quote
I don’t know how the giga is, but whenever I run 30% sag on my Mega 290 (2021) I hit my pedals too much…maybe 30% and a third token would make it better, but I think it rides well at 25%, especially on the climbs.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 9:55 Quote
Taking the mega to the megavalanche in 5 months. Gonna be mental, anyone here done it before?

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 10:24 Quote
eugenux wrote:
radiorog wrote:
Thanks Smile
I'm also at 30% and, for the way I like a big bike to feel, it still is a little too trail-ish. Ideally, I'd want more cushioning, not less sag.
Yeah, its quite a firm suspension platform i think, once you get past the mid point. Maybe taking some spacers out could actually help this. I have a feeling there are more than one in the shock. When i removed so e spacers from my last bike, and actually increased the psi, its mid stroke was much more supple. Maybe the same is happening here. The ramp up from the spacers making it a bit firm. Good for the bike park and not bottoming out perhaps. I will def try removing at least one spacer soon.
I also noticed that 12mm of the shock lebgrh isnt usable......i think the shocks full stroke is 55mm. To my very untrained eye, these seems like a really small amount of shock stroke to co trol 170mm of travel, and again, could be why it is firm. So that also makes 30% sag, only 16.5mm.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 10:43 Quote
Trooke wrote:
Taking the mega to the megavalanche in 5 months. Gonna be mental, anyone here done it before?

This is one of my bucket list items that I'm sure I'll never complete. I'm a little jealous, but let us know how you fare!

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 23:28 Quote
radiorog wrote:
eugenux wrote:
radiorog wrote:
Thanks Smile
Yeah, its quite a firm suspension platform i think, once you get past the mid point. Maybe taking some spacers out could actually help this. I have a feeling there are more than one in the shock. When i removed so e spacers from my last bike, and actually increased the psi, its mid stroke was much more supple. Maybe the same is happening here. The ramp up from the spacers making it a bit firm. Good for the bike park and not bottoming out perhaps. I will def try removing at least one spacer soon.
I also noticed that 12mm of the shock lebgrh isnt usable......i think the shocks full stroke is 55mm. To my very untrained eye, these seems like a really small amount of shock stroke to co trol 170mm of travel, and again, could be why it is firm. So that also makes 30% sag, only 16.5mm.
yes, a little on the firm side; it might be the stiff frame, it might be the stroke/leverage rates, it might even be the shock set-up but, I will know more once the snow melts because, at the moment, it is snowboarding time.

P. S. to the guy that participates in megavalanche in 5 months... you sir won at za internet today. soo jealous.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.032058
Mobile Version of Website