Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 0:13 Quote
Trooke wrote:
Taking the mega to the megavalanche in 5 months. Gonna be mental, anyone here done it before?

I did it on my Mega in 2020 and it is awsome...... doing it agan this year as well.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 1:13 Quote
eugenux wrote:
radiorog wrote:
eugenux wrote:

I'm also at 30% and, for the way I like a big bike to feel, it still is a little too trail-ish. Ideally, I'd want more cushioning, not less sag.
Yeah, its quite a firm suspension platform i think, once you get past the mid point. Maybe taking some spacers out could actually help this. I have a feeling there are more than one in the shock. When i removed so e spacers from my last bike, and actually increased the psi, its mid stroke was much more supple. Maybe the same is happening here. The ramp up from the spacers making it a bit firm. Good for the bike park and not bottoming out perhaps. I will def try removing at least one spacer soon.
I also noticed that 12mm of the shock lebgrh isnt usable......i think the shocks full stroke is 55mm. To my very untrained eye, these seems like a really small amount of shock stroke to co trol 170mm of travel, and again, could be why it is firm. So that also makes 30% sag, only 16.5mm.
yes, a little on the firm side; it might be the stiff frame, it might be the stroke/leverage rates, it might even be the shock set-up but, I will know more once the snow melts because, at the moment, it is snowboarding time.

P. S. to the guy that participates in megavalanche in 5 months... you sir won at za internet today. soo jealous.
Thats awesome.....enjoy the boarding. Weve had no snow yet where i live.
The bike rocks tho no matter what. Its super fast, and super agile, and climbs very well. Im stoked on it.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 7:59 Quote
What tricks are you guys doing with the plugs at the headtube to route cables.
They are trash and I already chipped my paint trying to install and deformed the plugs also.

I though about doing a neat job taping it up rather than the insert.
Like surrounding the cable with a black tape in small pieces.

This sounds stupid to bring up but on a $8000 bike but you would expect better routing.
I would prefer external to what they have now.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 11:00 Quote
Anyone ideas on the type of paint i needto get for touch up on my giga elite? I have tje code from the website, amd have heard getti g a small batch of car paint made up os good. What type of pai t is best though.......enamel, ceramic.....etc etc.
Cheers

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 11:06 Quote
snowshoewv wrote:
They are trash and I already chipped my paint trying to install and deformed the plugs also.

This sounds stupid to bring up but on a $8000 bike but you would expect better routing.
My Lbs made my giga up without all the plugs in place. On the right hand side (as your sitting on bike) at the headtube there are 2 ports, they only used the one, saying getting the 2nd one in was seriously hard without chipping the paint. Ive had no issues with noise. The ports down by the shock have no plugs put in. Again, no noise seems to be coming from here.
I have put foam outer tubing over the cables down by the shock, as Adam Brayton has done on his. Keeps things quiet here and prevents rubbing.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 22:58 Quote
radiorog wrote:
snowshoewv wrote:

My Lbs made my giga up without all the plugs in place. On the right hand side (as your sitting on bike) at the headtube there are 2 ports, they only used the one, saying getting the 2nd one in was seriously hard without chipping the paint. Ive had no issues with noise. The ports down by the shock have no plugs put in. Again, no noise seems to be coming from here.
I have put foam outer tubing over the cables down by the shock, as Adam Brayton has done on his. Keeps things quiet here and prevents rubbing.

The 2nd port on mine never had the plug installed either, I'm gonna use a bit of inner tube or some thing.

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 1:29 Quote
snowshoewv wrote:

I did not found a solution. they don't have plugs like Santa Cruz has. It is really a weak part on such an expensive bike. Nor caps.. as, for instance, I have gx axs and I don't use one of the ports.

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 6:31 Quote
eugenux wrote:
snowshoewv wrote:

I did not found a solution. they don't have plugs like Santa Cruz has. It is really a weak part on such an expensive bike. Nor caps.. as, for instance, I have gx axs and I don't use one of the ports.

Just get some cheap rubber bung stoppers and stick one in there. If it falls out then replace it with another cheap stopper or use a little rubber cement to hold it in place.
https://www.widgetco.com/rubber-stoppers

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 10:10 Quote
Well, finished getting it all sorted. What a pretty bike! Very jealous.

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 11:15 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
Well, finished getting it all sorted. What a pretty bike! Very jealous.

the yellow looks mega! jealous.

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 7:43 Quote
Anyone with a 2019 mega got a photo with a coil shock mounted. Just want to make sure I have got it mounted right as it threw me a little with the large external bearing mount on the factory fitted super deluxe shock.

Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 4:52 Quote
Got this listed on ebay now if any one is looking for a 2019 era 275 rear end.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265525290761?mkevt=1&mkcid=16&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 11:32 Quote
scz4 wrote:
Morning all,

It was new bike day at the weekend

After far too much online research and test rides, a Nukeproof Mega 297 came up at my local dealer coincidentally in medium, it was just meant to be! Being a short a$$ I was very intrigued about mullet bikes and so far so good. For reference I’m coming from a 2019 YT Jeffsy Pro Race 29er with 160mm front and 150mm rear travel and few other tweaks (offset bushes etc). I’m certainly not the most aggressive or fastest rider, but looking for a bike which can help get my confidence back and bring my riding on, especially on the steep narly stuff.

I made a few minor changes:
- Replaced the 150mm reverb dropper with a 170 Brand-X
- Carbon Nukeproof bars
- Replaced the 32T chainring with a 34T
- Rear Nukeproof rim insert
- Put my SDG Bel Air 3 on (although standard seat is actually ok)
- Fox front mudguard

First impressions:
- A much bigger and heavier rig going uphill. This won’t be helped by the double down casing tyres (got replacements on order). I’ll get used to it I’m sure.
- Front Maxxis Assegai is terrible in the wet\muddy\rooty trails I ride. Gets clogged up really badly (DHR on it’s way MaxxGrip). Can’t get hold of Magic Mary or Michelin Enduro that I’m more familiar with.
- Far less pedal strikes than on my YT Jeffsy, probably because I messed about with the geo too much on it
- Only had a few rides on it, but point it down and it’s amazing. Magic carpet ride. I’ve already broken some PB’s even in these winter conditions
- Suspension works very well out the box (after dropping the front fork pressure by 30PSI)
- Really inspires confidence. Feel with the 170mm dropper I can move around the bike so much more. Always felt perched on the Jeffsy.

Really looking forward to the summer and my trip to the Alps. Few obligatory pictures

im jealous , im on a 2020 mega , was really tempted to buy this , hesitated to think about it , and before i made a decision the large became unavailable so it was taken away from me , .

I also had issues with tyres , onece my michelins needed replacing through wear and tear and with so many tyres unavailable ,

I went with a WTB combination of verdict( wet) on the front and judge on the rear , im pretty happy with them

Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 23:14 Quote
hi all,
i m a new nukeproof mega 290 owner
i need help with rear brake adaptor.
what type of adaptor i need to install a 203mm rotor ?
thank you

Active Forum Threads
4 mins ago - Elite/expert racers of pinkbike...what is your mindset when racing. How fast are you going?
20 mins ago - Stained wood vs Treated?
30 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Billings, MT Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
32 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Clinton, MS Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
33 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Greenville, MS Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
33 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Meridian, MS Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
34 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Tupelo, MS Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
34 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Olive Branch, MS Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
35 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Hattiesburg, MS Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
37 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Biloxi, MS Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
37 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Southaven, MS Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
41 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Jackson, MS Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
41 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Lakeville, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
42 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Blaine, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
42 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Woodbury, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
43 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Plymouth, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
43 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Duluth, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
43 mins ago - Bird Aeris owners thread
44 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Brooklyn Park, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
44 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Bloomington, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
45 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Rochester, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
45 mins ago - Get Your Ex Back Cell: (201) 473-4645 Voodoo Love Spells In Lake Charles, LA Psychic Readings By Smith
46 mins ago - Get Your Ex Back Cell: (201) 473-4645 Voodoo Love Spells In Lafayette, LA Psychic Readings By Smith
46 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in St. Paul, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
46 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Minneapolis, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011277
Mobile Version of Website