Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 2:40 Quote
donniedelsol wrote:
hi all,
i m a new nukeproof mega 290 owner
i need help with rear brake adaptor.
what type of adaptor i need to install a 203mm rotor ?
thank you

please check if you need adaptor for the new mega 290. For Giga, it has been a direct mount for 200mm rotors.

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 6:17 Quote
donniedelsol wrote:
hi all,
i m a new nukeproof mega 290 owner
i need help with rear brake adaptor.
what type of adaptor i need to install a 203mm rotor ?
thank you

180mm native ---> 203 post mount adapter - Shimano SM-MA-F203P/PM is the one I believe but any company should work.

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 8:40 Quote
Any 23mm adapter from Shimano/ TRP / Magura should work.

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 19:48 Quote
matt2532 wrote:
Anyone with a 2019 mega got a photo with a coil shock mounted. Just want to make sure I have got it mounted right as it threw me a little with the large external bearing mount on the factory fitted super deluxe shock.

No photo to add but my 2019 290 Mega is running a CCDB with the piggy back on top and facing front of bike. Jump on the Facebook Nukeproof owners page and you'll find plenty of photos.

Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 6:31 Quote
New Nukeproof's for sale and instock at Chain Reaction for those waiting on the 2022 drop.
They dropped within last couple days and are already almost sold out in most sizes.

Posted: Feb 10, 2022 at 9:02 Quote
Mfro wrote:
matt2532 wrote:
Anyone with a 2019 mega got a photo with a coil shock mounted. Just want to make sure I have got it mounted right as it threw me a little with the large external bearing mount on the factory fitted super deluxe shock.

No photo to add but my 2019 290 Mega is running a CCDB with the piggy back on top and facing front of bike. Jump on the Facebook Nukeproof owners page and you'll find plenty of photos.

2020 290 mega here with ccdb
Mega 290

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2022 at 21:09 Quote
Ok, new models just arrived to chainreaction and I am thinking of buying a new mega290. I am 178cm and previously I rode size M/L of mega275. So I'd like to buy L size as nukeproof recommends, but I am a little bit concerned. My reach now is 452 and new L is 475mm. So what do you think guys? Should I order L or M size of new mega290.
Thanks.

Posted: Feb 14, 2022 at 1:17 Quote
Your medium/long is equivalent to a new medium. I think their size chart is a bit out.

cervom wrote:
Ok, new models just arrived to chainreaction and I am thinking of buying a new mega290. I am 178cm and previously I rode size M/L of mega275. So I'd like to buy L size as nukeproof recommends, but I am a little bit concerned. My reach now is 452 and new L is 475mm. So what do you think guys? Should I order L or M size of new mega290.
Thanks.

Posted: Feb 14, 2022 at 2:37 Quote
cervom wrote:
Thanks.

hi, I'm almost 174 cm and I ride the L.. then again, I have a prefference for long bikes.
Seated is perfect.., it feels like my medium Reactor. In the pedals, it feels extra roomy so much so I never need to go beyond the back of the saddle; I can stay centered always. The long wb feels long, maybe even extra(too?) long for my height... but, that's why I took the mullet kit. Once I have enough riding time with the 29" set-up, I'll change it to mullet and see if I like it better that way.

What I wanted to say is that @178cm, L is doable.. but so is M; depends on your riding style and what you want to do with the bike.

Posted: Feb 14, 2022 at 22:28 Quote
i just finished my custom build Nukeproof mega290
all parts come out of a yt capra 29

Posted: Feb 17, 2022 at 1:23 Quote
Thoughs on the 2022 bikes? Im digging a few of the colours but looking at around $2000 AU dollar price jumps for most models....ouch.
Hate to say it but even some of the big brands are offering bikes that offer better value so I might need to really evaluate my planned Reactor purchase.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2022 at 6:36 Quote
I only got my Nukeproof Al 290 frame because it was available, and the cheapest option around…based on the low quality of the paint alone I wish I would’ve paid the $500 more for a banshee titan frame.

Posted: Feb 17, 2022 at 7:09 Quote
I have zero regrets on purchasing my reactor (275 carbon) last year. It fits like a glove and handles perfectly for the type of riding I do. Really a great bike. I will say that the paint, though the gloss is gorgeous, chips easily around its edges and a big motivator was availability and compatibility with parts from my previous bike. I grabbed it off the pb buy/sell for a good price in like new condition.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2022 at 13:37 Quote
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has ever fit a reach adjust headset to their dissent? Looking to fit one to mine as I’m on a medium but fancying a little more length in the reach. Any suggestions on which one is best?

Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019902
Mobile Version of Website