Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Feb 17, 2022 at 14:39 Quote
Brennan-mid wrote:
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has ever fit a reach adjust headset to their dissent? Looking to fit one to mine as I’m on a medium but fancying a little more length in the reach. Any suggestions on which one is best?

Thanks

I’ve got a Works components reach headset on a different bike that gives +/-6mm that’s nice quality but at a price of £70. I would have gone for the superstar components one that gives +/-7mm for £50 if they did it in my configuration. Lucky for you they do a set that works on the zs49 top and bottom for the dissent.

Posted: Feb 17, 2022 at 22:26 Quote
michaelbevege wrote:
Thoughs on the 2022 bikes? Im digging a few of the colours but looking at around $2000 AU dollar price jumps for most models....ouch.
Hate to say it but even some of the big brands are offering bikes that offer better value so I might need to really evaluate my planned Reactor purchase.

My gf has a 2022 Mega 297. Spec, handling and looks are all superb. Colour is amazing (yellow) but paint quality is not up to Santa Cruz levels. You can see a little bit of texture. No chips yet though and great that it comes with protection from factory. The only other thing that bugs are the crappy cable port bungs that just don't seem to work.

Very minor stuff though. She paid 6k£, which in the UK makes it good value given the spec and she was able to buy it from stock. Bike seems to ride absolutely amazing.

Posted: Feb 18, 2022 at 0:58 Quote
donniedelsol wrote:
i just finished my custom build Nukeproof mega290
all parts come out of a yt capra 29

photo

Great looking mega pal

How are you finding the dhx2? I have one for mine that’s off another bike, considering getting it re tuned for the bike

Posted: Feb 18, 2022 at 4:47 Quote
Brennan-mid wrote:
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has ever fit a reach adjust headset to their dissent? Looking to fit one to mine as I’m on a medium but fancying a little more length in the reach. Any suggestions on which one is best?

Thanks

for about 4 years now I am using the 5mm one from superstar components..., using it until now, when I could not fit it on my Giga, due to the shape of the frame near the head-tube.

Posted: Feb 18, 2022 at 12:18 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
michaelbevege wrote:
Thoughs on the 2022 bikes? Im digging a few of the colours but looking at around $2000 AU dollar price jumps for most models....ouch.
Hate to say it but even some of the big brands are offering bikes that offer better value so I might need to really evaluate my planned Reactor purchase.

My gf has a 2022 Mega 297. Spec, handling and looks are all superb. Colour is amazing (yellow) but paint quality is not up to Santa Cruz levels. You can see a little bit of texture. No chips yet though and great that it comes with protection from factory. The only other thing that bugs are the crappy cable port bungs that just don't seem to work.

Very minor stuff though. She paid 6k£, which in the UK makes it good value given the spec and she was able to buy it from stock. Bike seems to ride absolutely amazing.

Dont get me wrong love the brand, and have a 2018 Mega Pro alloy, just in AU now the Kashima level Reactor has jumped from about $8k to $9.5k with no actual improvements in spec from what i see. The krakken colour with gold is amazing though.

Posted: Feb 19, 2022 at 0:34 Quote
Just the way of the world unfortunately. My Tallboy bought in march 2020 is now almost 1k more for the same spec.

Posted: Feb 19, 2022 at 12:17 Quote
lbizzle123 wrote:
donniedelsol wrote:

photo

Great looking mega pal

How are you finding the dhx2? I have one for mine that’s off another bike, considering getting it re tuned for the bike

it climbs perfect with dhx2. better than my previous bike yt capra 29 cf.
the downhill is just amazing. i recomend to try dhx2

Posted: Feb 22, 2022 at 12:15 Quote
donniedelsol wrote:
lbizzle123 wrote:
donniedelsol wrote:

photo

Great looking mega pal

it climbs perfect with dhx2. better than my previous bike yt capra 29 cf.
the downhill is just amazing. i recomend to try dhx2

I have a dhx2. I wasn’t sure about how well it worked with the frame so I have switched back to the air shock for now. Considering getting the dhx2 re tuned if I can’t get it right with the current settings.

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 20:28 Quote
Hey All,

I’ve got a 2020 Mega comp au running a Rockshox Super Deluxe select+ with Megneg and I’ve been offered a Super Deluxe ultimate coil at a very good price. What are peoples experiences with coils? I’m really tempted but I have no previous experience of coils and can only go off what my friends have told me, which has no relation to a mega

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 6:15 Quote
Rocco2787 wrote:
Hey All,

I’ve got a 2020 Mega comp au running a Rockshox Super Deluxe select+ with Megneg and I’ve been offered a Super Deluxe ultimate coil at a very good price. What are peoples experiences with coils? I’m really tempted but I have no previous experience of coils and can only go off what my friends have told me, which has no relation to a mega

Iv just put a super deluxe ult on my 2022 mega that came as a warentee replacement for my 2020 model which had an air shock on it. The coil definatly feels plusher and the bike feels more planted over the 2020 mega, however the bike is also less poppy and only comes into its own at really high speeds or very chunky tracks. The rear end of the bike is also noticably heavier with the coil. in general i like it, but i can see it not being great in areas with flatter terrain or smoother trails.

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 7:34 Quote
Olistev wrote:
Rocco2787 wrote:
Hey All,

Iv just put a super deluxe ult on my 2022 mega that came as a warentee replacement for my 2020 model which had an air shock on it. The coil definatly feels plusher and the bike feels more planted over the 2020 mega, however the bike is also less poppy and only comes into its own at really high speeds or very chunky tracks. The rear end of the bike is also noticably heavier with the coil. in general i like it, but i can see it not being great in areas with flatter terrain or smoother trails.

How would you compare the end stroke compared to the 2020 model? I have the 2020 and the end stroke ramp up is sudden and isn't the best for rough terrain. Also how much do you weigh?

Posted: Mar 4, 2022 at 1:59 Quote
ashmtb85 wrote:
Olistev wrote:
Rocco2787 wrote:
Hey All,

How would you compare the end stroke compared to the 2020 model? I have the 2020 and the end stroke ramp up is sudden and isn't the best for rough terrain. Also how much do you weigh?

at the moment the end stroke ramp up seems to be no issue at all, allthough that may also be down to the updated kinematic on the 2022 frame. I personally never found the end ramp up of the super deluxe air on my 2020 mega to be an issue either, i was using two volume spacers inside it and always found it to be plenty progressive.

i weigh 67kg and run a 450 pound spring on my coil shock, and ran around 165 psi in my air shock when i had that on the bike. i still have the air shock in the shed and plan to do a bit of back to back testing with both the coil and the air, allthough i imagine i will stick with the coil!

Posted: Mar 4, 2022 at 5:51 Quote
deadpool2e wrote:
Trooke wrote:
Taking the mega to the megavalanche in 5 months. Gonna be mental, anyone here done it before?

I did it on my Mega in 2020 and it is awsome...... doing it agan this year as well.

What tyres and compounds did you use? Did you go full downhill casing and super tacky? Tubeless/inserts/tubes?

Cheers!

Posted: Mar 4, 2022 at 8:27 Quote
Olistev wrote:
ashmtb85 wrote:
Olistev wrote:

at the moment the end stroke ramp up seems to be no issue at all, allthough that may also be down to the updated kinematic on the 2022 frame. I personally never found the end ramp up of the super deluxe air on my 2020 mega to be an issue either, i was using two volume spacers inside it and always found it to be plenty progressive.

i weigh 67kg and run a 450 pound spring on my coil shock, and ran around 165 psi in my air shock when i had that on the bike. i still have the air shock in the shed and plan to do a bit of back to back testing with both the coil and the air, allthough i imagine i will stick with the coil!

Interesting. I weigh same as you and run like 125psi. I think you just have has 29er with different stroke length then. It's interesting wheel size can change kinematics of bike frame.

Posted: Mar 4, 2022 at 9:58 Quote
ashmtb85 wrote:
Olistev wrote:
ashmtb85 wrote:

Interesting. I weigh same as you and run like 125psi. I think you just have has 29er with different stroke length then. It's interesting wheel size can change kinematics of bike frame.

450 spring sounds stiff setup, im 67kg without riding kit and i run 350progressive spring, 375 mrp or 388 öhlins spring and 388 feels quite stiff

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018506
Mobile Version of Website