Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 11:12 Quote
Hi guys

Iv just ordered a nukeproof mega 290 Pro 2022 that arrives next week and I’m looking to remove/replace the silver frame decals are these lacquered over does anyone know ? And if so has anyone replaced these ?

Thanks

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 21:53 Quote
Stumpy2022 wrote:
Hi guys

Iv just ordered a nukeproof mega 290 Pro 2022 that arrives next week and I’m looking to remove/replace the silver frame decals are these lacquered over does anyone know ? And if so has anyone replaced these ?

Thanks

That will be part of the frame paint unfortunately, no decals.

There is also a clear frame-wrap on the frame which would need to be pealed off.

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 21:58 Quote
Anyone having issues with their 2 on 20-22 Mega frames? My X2 is leaks air, albeit very slowly, and has been serviced recently with no obvious damage.The LBS says it could be a potentially misaligned frame causing the issue.

TBH I haven't been that impressed with the shock since the start as it seems very tempermental and really needs to be setup perfect. If it's the wrong side of 25% sag, it feels horrible. Too harsh or too mushy.

Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 7:38 Quote
My Giga's main pivot bearing has failed after only a small amount of use. Not particularly happy or impressed with that. Lbs suggesting thisnis common on the giga. At this rate I'll have to replace bearings several times a year. Thats crap.

Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 14:06 Quote
radiorog wrote:
My Giga's main pivot bearing has failed after only a small amount of use. Not particularly happy or impressed with that. Lbs suggesting thisnis common on the giga. At this rate I'll have to replace bearings several times a year. Thats crap.

Is it a case of cheap bearings or poor design of suspension putting strange forces on the bearing ? I would write/call Nukeproof and speak to them first, they should warrarnty it for you, if the next bearings die fast I would source my own bearings from another supplier.and also write to Nukeproof again asking what they are gonna do about this looking to get a discount.

Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 23:21 Quote
radiorog wrote:

don't know about failing but mines de-torque itself after each serious ride(big mountain trails, bike-park, etc) ; kind of annoying..

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 1:51 Quote
bigburd wrote:
radiorog wrote:

Is it a case of cheap bearings or poor design of suspension putting strange forces on the bearing ? I would write/call Nukeproof and speak to them first, they should warrarnty it for you, if the next bearings die fast I would source my own bearings from another supplier.and also write to Nukeproof again asking what they are gonna do about this looking to get a discount.
Yeah, i think the Giga already comes with enduro max bearings, which are supposedly the best you can get, and is what i will be replacing them with. So im currently thinking its a frame design issue. It is the one aspect of the bike i was unsure with, bei g a single pivot how long the bearings would last, but no review mentiones this as a potential weakness so i figures it was probably ok. Looks like my fears were justified.
Id say ive got ten times less life out of these bearings than my previous bike.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 1:52 Quote
eugenux wrote:
radiorog wrote:

don't know about failing but mines de-torque itself after each serious ride(big mountain trails, bike-park, etc) ; kind of annoying..
I had read one review which mentioned that, and i have had no issues with any bolts coming loose.
Have you used Loctite on the thread?

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 3:59 Quote
radiorog wrote:
eugenux wrote:
radiorog wrote:

I had read one review which mentioned that, and i have had no issues with any bolts coming loose.

for me, it is only the main pivot. I did considered but a bikevmechanic friend of mine advise against it on nukeproof frames due to the thread material. His advice was to just keep checking and re-torque if necesarry.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 4:11 Quote
eugenux wrote:
radiorog wrote:
eugenux wrote:

for me, it is only the main pivot. I did considered but a bikevmechanic friend of mine advise against it on nukeproof frames due to the thread material. His advice was to just keep checking and re-torque if necesarry.
I would use Loctite, as this is what is stated in the Nukeproof giga technical download. I had it on mine, and it never came loose. And yep, i do t think all the bolts need it. The main pivot is the the most important. The download will show which ones they recommend using Loctite with.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 13:24 Quote
Good day all!

I am looking for some help. I am after a 2014 yellow and black (Large) nukeproof mega tr pro 275 alloy chain stays as I managed to snap mine while running into a jump. It failed where the welding is nearer to the BB on both sides.

Spoke to CRC and Nukeproof, but they haven't got any spare parts as the bike is quite old.

So I was hoping that one of you lovely people may have a spare one in a usable condition (not cracked) that you would like to pass on to me.

Will pay a reasonable price for the right part.

Thank you! Richie

https://mtbdatabase.com/bikes/2014/nukeproof/mega-tr/2014-nukeproof-mega-tr-275-pro/

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 13:25 Quote
Good day all!

I am looking for some help. I am after a 2014 yellow and black (Large) nukeproof mega tr pro 275 alloy chain stays as I managed to snap mine while running into a jump. It failed where the welding is nearer to the BB on both sides.

Spoke to CRC and Nukeproof, but they haven't got any spare parts as the bike is quite old.

So I was hoping that one of you lovely people may have a spare one in a usable condition (not cracked) that you would like to pass on to me.

Thank you! Richie

https://mtbdatabase.com/bikes/2014/nukeproof/mega-tr/2014-nukeproof-mega-tr-275-pro/

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 15:35 Quote
sphinxasas wrote:
Good day all!

Thank you! Richie

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1710350/

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 5:44 Quote
Has anyone found an upgraded battery cover for the Megawatt???

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 9:39 Quote
Thanks bud, i already seen this one. It is already sold too. Thanks for keepimg anbeye out for me

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007109
Mobile Version of Website