Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 5:19 Quote
ThinkTank45 wrote:
Hi there,

I have a 2022 Mega 29 - I got the frame under warranty from Nukeproof to replace a cracked 2020 Mega. Delighted with the upgrade but I'm still running the old shock from the 2020 Mega. It's a Super Deluxe with megneg air can. The tune on the shock is ML. I find it to be very harsh over rough terrain, most likely because it is over-damped for the new leverage curve of the 2022 Mega. It was super plush on the old bike.
Anyone any suggestions on what I should do? (it is a super deluxe select+ so no external compression adjustment possible).

The Megneg works well with the leverage curve of the V3 Mega, as there is a regressive element in the first 50mms of wheel movement. The V4 doesn't have the same regressive curve - see a comparison here:
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-ride-2021-nukeproof-mega.html

You could try putting your old air can back on if you still have it - this should help. If not, you could play around with the positive and negative spacers in the MegNeg to make it less progressive.

JP

Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 8:42 Quote
The only picture you need from the megavalanche Cool

Megavalanche qualifying

Posted: Jul 14, 2022 at 10:38 Quote
Anyone running a coil on a 2021 mega? Is it worth the upgrade or ...? Keen to get one of the new rs deluxe ultimate coils for my 2021 mega 275 pro but would like some more info before dropping cash.

Posted: Jul 16, 2022 at 14:09 Quote
Chucker147 wrote:
Anyone running a coil on a 2021 mega? Is it worth the upgrade or ...? Keen to get one of the new rs deluxe ultimate coils for my 2021 mega 275 pro but would like some more info before dropping cash.

21 Mega has 17% progression, which I’d say is a little too linear to run a standard coil shock. A progressive coil would be needed to make it work IMO.

JP

Posted: Jul 16, 2022 at 23:49 Quote
Jprestidge wrote:
Chucker147 wrote:
Anyone running a coil on a 2021 mega? Is it worth the upgrade or ...? Keen to get one of the new rs deluxe ultimate coils for my 2021 mega 275 pro but would like some more info before dropping cash.

21 Mega has 17% progression, which I’d say is a little too linear to run a standard coil shock. A progressive coil would be needed to make it work IMO.

JP
Thanks. There's not a lot of information regarding the new mega and coil shocks. Nukeproof support said a the new RS super deluxe ultimate with a standard tune should work fine but I'm not convinced yet. It's a fair amount of money to spend for something that might not work well with the bike.

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 0:19 Quote
I had a CCDB on a 21 Mega and for me it was great upgrade over oem air shock. Never had a problem with harsh bottom out. When set up correctly it fits bike like Mega like a glove so I can really recommend it.
For reference I weight 75+- kg and I did run 400 classic valt spring,which gave me around 28% sag (seated)

Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 0:30 Quote
Chucker147 wrote:
Anyone running a coil on a 2021 mega? Is it worth the upgrade or ...? Keen to get one of the new rs deluxe ultimate coils for my 2021 mega 275 pro but would like some more info before dropping cash.

New RS coil shocks have hydraulic bottom out control so would work fine.

Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 14:09 Quote
ypsylon213 wrote:
I had a CCDB on a 21 Mega and for me it was great upgrade over oem air shock. Never had a problem with harsh bottom out. When set up correctly it fits bike like Mega like a glove so I can really recommend it.
For reference I weight 75+- kg and I did run 400 classic valt spring,which gave me around 28% sag (seated)
That's good news. I also weigh about 75kg fully kitted so will start with a 400lbs spring and see how it goes.

Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 17:08 Quote
Push 11.6 is now building coil shocks for the mega and giga. I know they only sell dialed shocks because I asked them to send me a shock for a bike not on their build list and was told. NO
I’m gonna put an 11.6 on my daughters 297

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 2:16 Quote
snowshoewv wrote:
Push 11.6 is now building coil shocks for the mega and giga. I know they only sell dialed shocks because I asked them to send me a shock for a bike not on their build list and was told. NO
I’m gonna put an 11.6 on my daughters 297

yeah, because what's really holding us back when riding our giga's is the fox x2/dhx2 and the lack of a push 11.6 on the bike.

joking aside, it is good that they make one... but, for a bike like the giga, it is a waste of money for the average joe.. or, I might venture and say that even for some faster joes out there. It is your money but, I'd rather spend them on a bike holiday instead of a shock that makes me "0.00001" seconds faster per descent.

Sure, there are bikes that are compromised and such an update would be perfect.. but, those bikes have kind of dissaperead in the last years.. being replaced with bikes that perform extraordinary, most of the time.

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 8:14 Quote
eugenux wrote:
snowshoewv wrote:
Push 11.6 is now building coil shocks for the mega and giga. I know they only sell dialed shocks because I asked them to send me a shock for a bike not on their build list and was told. NO
I’m gonna put an 11.6 on my daughters 297

yeah, because what's really holding us back when riding our giga's is the fox x2/dhx2 and the lack of a push 11.6 on the bike.

joking aside, it is good that they make one... but, for a bike like the giga, it is a waste of money for the average joe.. or, I might venture and say that even for some faster joes out there. It is your money but, I'd rather spend them on a bike holiday instead of a shock that makes me "0.00001" seconds faster per descent.

Sure, there are bikes that are compromised and such an update would be perfect.. but, those bikes have kind of dissaperead in the last years.. being replaced with bikes that perform extraordinary, most of the time.

first off my response is in regards to the above question ::: can the mega run a coil??
I answered the question. I was saying "YES" you can run a coil with great results and here is the proof....
obviously we've never rode a bike on shuttle runs back to back with a coil vs air.

Yes the x2 is nice but for shuttle runs it's no comparison to the coil for sensitivity and YES push 11.6 and extoria are the premier coil shocks even over fox. Teams run fox b/c of their contracts for racing.

If you ride xc I would keep the x2 but for downhill I would run coil all day.

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 11:12 Quote
hey guys!

I am still looking for a chain stay for NP mega tr275 Large 2014 black and yellow model. Does anyone know where can I get one 2nd hand, new or an aftermarket one maybe?

Tried pretty much everywhere with not much luck unfortunately.

If YOU have one just sitting in a shed - please let me know! I will be eternally grateful for that.

Thanks,

Richie

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 19:42 Quote
No useful comment, just wanted to say I got out and rode today

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
MikeG156 wrote:
Compression side, I removed some of the pre-load on the basevalve. The piston is dished 0.4mm. I put a small 0.35mm shim between the face shim and the second shim so that only the face shim is preloaded and then the rest of the stack has only 0.05mm preload. Removing all preload by putting the small shim under the face shim didn't work at all. Trying to pull the front of the bike up just made the back end squat, it only lasted about 5 minutes into the first ride when I just about went OTB off a drop becasue of this.

Putting 1 shim preloaded though is working ok.

What shim ID and OD did you use? 6x8?

I think stock are 3 pieces of 15mm OD 0.15mm shims installed.

How about using a 6x8x0.4mm shim which are already installed as spacers on the end?

How much psi did you use in the shock?

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009070
Mobile Version of Website