Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 15:01 Quote
[Quote="urbss"][Quote="eugenux"]
Saturnalia wrote:

I'm interested to hear the comparison. Report back when you've tried both. I'm also wondering whether it makes sense to try the normal 290 frame with a 27.5 rear wheel (a cheaper mullet experiment). I realise the BB will be lower and the HA slacker.

I’ve thought about this too because it would keep the chainstay at 445 instead of shortening it to 435, as the MX kit does. I love mullet setups (and short chainstays) but I think a 435 cs with 495 reach in XL might just be a little too unbalanced for me. So I’d definitely be interested in the DYI mullet option if it didn’t botch the HTA, STA, BB height etc.

Posted: Sep 17, 2022 at 13:26 Quote
Hallo. I want to buy Mega 290 Carbon. What is your experience with bearing durability and frame quality.
I weigh 74 kg net. Thank for your experience.

Posted: Sep 17, 2022 at 13:47 Quote
Bikeron wrote:
Hallo. I want to buy Mega 290 Carbon. What is your experience with bearing durability and frame quality.

i just bought all 3 MTB frames from NP. reactor, mega and giga, From my research is they have the odd issue but less than other brands.

Posted: Sep 19, 2022 at 7:01 Quote
Bikeron wrote:

I've got a Mega TR (alloy) I've been riding since 2015 and a Reactor (carbon) that I've been riding since 2019. No issues with frames or bearings in either. I have no idea if the new Mega is built to the same standard, but if so then I'd be happy with it.

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2022 at 4:32 Quote
Bikeron wrote:
You will need to replace the main pivot bearing on the Giga very frequently. Mine went after a few months of light use, and i know many people with gigas, and they all have the same issues. Main pivot bearing goes frequently.

Posted: Sep 20, 2022 at 7:39 Quote
radiorog wrote:
Bikeron wrote:
You will need to replace the main pivot bearing on the Giga very frequently. Mine went after a few months of light use, and i know many people with gigas, and they all have the same issues. Main pivot bearing goes frequently.

But he’s not asking about the Giga - he’s asking about the Mega.

In answer to the question about the Mega, my experience with an older (201Cool Mega is that bearings last 18 months or so. This has also been borne out by friends’ experiences with 2019 and later models too.

I ride all year round twice a week only off road and it gets pretty muddy. In drier climates you’d probably get significantly longer.

JP

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2022 at 0:05 Quote
My girlfriends Mega has had 2 main pivot and 1 set of everything else in around 9 months. She rides 4-5 days a week though, so it gets a lot of use

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2022 at 9:56 Quote
Jprestidge wrote:
radiorog wrote:
Bikeron wrote:

But he’s not asking about the Giga - he’s asking about the Mega.

In answer to the question about the Mega, my experience with an older (201Cool Mega is that bearings last 18 months or so. This has also been borne out by friends’ experiences with 2019 and later models too.

I ride all year round twice a week only off road and it gets pretty muddy. In drier climates you’d probably get significantly longer.

JP
I believe the OP may have edited the post after i commented. I am pretty sure it originally asked for giga and mega bearing durability. The mega bearings have no issues that i am aware of, just the Giga due to its suslension layout.

Posted: Sep 29, 2022 at 12:48 Quote
Hi all

anyone had this experience with CRC?

i have a frame that has been warranted via Chain reactions, the issue i have is that they are only offering a frame that is a 275 in black but XXL sizing and i need a size large. This means the bike would be way too big for me as I’m 5’11.
Does this sound right?
I am happy to have another wheel size as there seems to be no stock of 275 and they do have stock of 297.
My warrantied frame was a Nukeproof 2019 275 size m/l carbon in blue.

Thanks

Eugene

Posted: Sep 29, 2022 at 21:41 Quote
they have to supply "the same or better" but not "different"

Posted: Oct 1, 2022 at 18:39 Quote
eugenebd wrote:
Hi all

i have a frame that has been warranted via Chain reactions, the issue i have is that they are only offering a frame that is a 275 in black but XXL sizing and i need a size large. This means the bike would be way too big for me as I’m 5’11.
Does this sound right?
I am happy to have another wheel size as there seems to be no stock of 275 and they do have stock of 297.

Thanks

Eugene

I'm 5'10 and went the other way. I had a large (470mm reach) and started not to like the characteristics. I went medium (455mm) and haven't looked back. So much more agile.

I'd say XXL is too big.

Posted: Oct 1, 2022 at 18:45 Quote
Does anyone have a megneg on their mk4 Mega 290?

I started on the infamous X2 but got frustrated with the amount of time that it ends up in the workshop.

I've got a Super Deluxe with the megneg and tried 1 positive/2 negative but at 25% sag, my preferred sag, it felt way too harsh. Going to play around with the bands and pressure.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 0:25 Quote
dubod22 wrote:

I started on the infamous X2 but got frustrated with the amount of time that it ends up in the workshop.

I've got a Super Deluxe with the megneg and tried 1 positive/2 negative but at 25% sag, my preferred sag, it felt way too harsh. Going to play around with the bands and pressure.

Run more sag

Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 3:15 Quote
lbizzle123 wrote:
dubod22 wrote:

Run more sag

+1 on this
I run about 28% with 2 tokens and find it pretty much spot on (with normal air can)

Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 5:19 Quote
eugenebd wrote:
Hi all

Does this sound right?

Thanks

Eugene

Just an update

CRC have been really good and got this sorted.
In fact I would go as far as to say they've been fantastic along with Nukeproof.
A new warranty frame in large is on the way and I will be cycling again.
Nukeproof and CRC are back in my good books.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011303
Mobile Version of Website