Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 22:59 Quote
eugenebd wrote:
eugenebd wrote:
Hi all

anyone had this experience with CRC?

i have a frame that has been warranted via Chain reactions, the issue i have is that they are only offering a frame that is a 275 in black but XXL sizing and i need a size large. This means the bike would be way too big for me as I’m 5’11.
Does this sound right?
I am happy to have another wheel size as there seems to be no stock of 275 and they do have stock of 297.
My warrantied frame was a Nukeproof 2019 275 size m/l carbon in blue.

Thanks

Eugene

Just an update

CRC have been really good and got this sorted.
In fact I would go as far as to say they've been fantastic along with Nukeproof.
A new warranty frame in large is on the way and I will be cycling again.
Nukeproof and CRC are back in my good books.

They have both been great for my warranties in the past

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2022 at 9:30 Quote
bigburd wrote:
They have both been great for my warranties in the past

I wished I'd bought my frame from CRC. The Canadian shop I bought it from folded up during the covid lockdowns and never came back. To put in a warranty claim, I have to go through Hotlines Europe since I no longer have my dealer to go through.

Anyone ever put in a claim directly through Hotlines?

Posted: Oct 17, 2022 at 3:33 Quote
dubod22 wrote:
Does anyone have a megneg on their mk4 Mega 290?

I started on the infamous X2 but got frustrated with the amount of time that it ends up in the workshop.

I've got a Super Deluxe with the megneg and tried 1 positive/2 negative but at 25% sag, my preferred sag, it felt way too harsh. Going to play around with the bands and pressure.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Yes!
I am running it with no volume spacers, 4 bands in the negative and around 32% sag. It feels great. Took a lot of trial and error to get it to feel good. It was very harsh over the rough stuff initally. My super deluxe has a low (L) compression tune.

Posted: Oct 17, 2022 at 4:40 Quote
Hi, I'm thinking of building up a new aggressive Aluminium Mullet Enduro, and the Mega 297 Al Frameset seems to tick all the boxes (besides the Transition Patrol). Can anyone share experience with his?

Posted: Oct 26, 2022 at 2:32 Quote
Has anyone had the pleasure of owning a mega 290 v3 and a Mega 290 v4?
If so, how do they compare? The reviews seem to say the v4 is better like they don't really believe it.
Sam Hill and Eliot Heap went backwards on the 4. Was that a coincidence?

Posted: Oct 26, 2022 at 9:57 Quote
jaame wrote:
If so, how do they compare? The reviews seem to say the v4 is better like they don't really believe it.

They ride the giga because its more progressive. They missed the ball on the mega and its progressiveness.

Posted: Oct 26, 2022 at 22:40 Quote
jaame wrote:

I owned both. For me the biggest difference was change to shorter chainstays on the V4. It was a good change for me (Medium size). I had a hard time to get on with V3 for its chainstay lenght for quite some time. But then I found a way to ride it and really liked it. V4 for me was just easier to get along with, also get a feeling that suspension behaves better overall, even with an air shock.
Hope that helps,
Cheers

Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 4:03 Quote
I always found the 450 chainstays on the large 29er to be pretty long. Fast but a bit cumbersome.
How about straight line smashing chunk and roots, how do they stack up?

Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 4:26 Quote
jaame wrote:
If so, how do they compare?

Yes, I have.
I loved the v3 Mega once I got the megneg installed. Fantastic bike. I had the carbon version with the alloy rear end.
The frame cracked and I got a v4 Mega as a replacement.
It took me a while to get used to it but now I prefer the v4.
The first thing I noticed is that the v4 is a fair bit stiffer. The longer alloy rear end of the v3 used to flex a fair bit in turns and I quite liked that.
The suspension on the v4 is more supportive and 'sportier' if that makes sense. It's slightly less plush when battering through really rough stuff but less wallowy and easier to pump to generate speed.

Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 4:28 Quote
jaame wrote:
I had both. Because of the shorter chainstay the v4 feels quicker while cornering. When i swapped to v4 I missed the more plush rear end of the v3, since the v4 has way more mid support. But it also makes the v4 more lively and fun on flat trails. The v4 also feels more capable when you ride fast rocky trails with a lot of compressions. The v3 used too much travel because of the lack of mid support. Thats why the v3 works so good with megneg aircans, while a v4 with megneg feels harsh (in my opinion)

Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 9:33 Quote
Markurte wrote:
jaame wrote:
I had both. Because of the shorter chainstay the v4 feels quicker while cornering. When i swapped to v4 I missed the more plush rear end of the v3, since the v4 has way more mid support. But it also makes the v4 more lively and fun on flat trails. The v4 also feels more capable when you ride fast rocky trails with a lot of compressions. The v3 used too much travel because of the lack of mid support. Thats why the v3 works so good with megneg aircans, while a v4 with megneg feels harsh (in my opinion)

if you think the mega is harsh... don't try the giga

Posted: Oct 27, 2022 at 9:42 Quote
Wow. Thanks to everyone for the responses. You've really made my day, all of you!

Posted: Oct 28, 2022 at 4:53 Quote
eugenux wrote:
Markurte wrote:
jaame wrote:

Reviews show the giga is less plush than the mega. There is a mega vs giga review on YouTube

Posted: Oct 29, 2022 at 0:54 Quote
snowshoewv wrote:
eugenux wrote:
Markurte wrote:

Reviews show the giga is less plush than the mega. There is a mega vs giga review on YouTube
This is what I was saying.

Posted: Oct 30, 2022 at 8:01 Quote
eugenux wrote:
Markurte wrote:
jaame wrote:

I never said the the mega is harsh. Only the v4 in combination with megneg. I do know how the giga rides btw

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011865
Mobile Version of Website