Iron Horse SGS Pro rear shock?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Iron Horse SGS Pro rear shock?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 12:12 Quote
Hey Guys,
So Im having to buy a new rear shock for my Iron Horse SGS Pro. But I dont know the eye to eye for rear shock. Ive looked around and cant seem to get a clear answer and Iron Horse cleared their archives. I measured it myself and it seems to be about 8.5 or 8.75 but im just not 100%. Im not sure what year my bike is but im assuming that doesnt make much of a difference. If anybody knows what it is or could direct me in the right direction the help would be much appreciated!!

Posted: Apr 8, 2012 at 15:41 Quote
eye to eye is the easiest to measure on a shock, remove the shock from the bikeand lay it down on the ground, and take the measurement from the center of one shock mounting hole to the other, if you cant get an accurate reading then take the measurement in mm's and then convert to inches from there

Posted: Apr 10, 2012 at 14:20 Quote
Check the spring. It should have a weight and stroke listed on it. You can generally figure it out from that.

Posted: Apr 11, 2012 at 16:21 Quote
ilikeicecream wrote:
eye to eye is the easiest to measure on a shock, remove the shock from the bikeand lay it down on the ground, and take the measurement from the center of one shock mounting hole to the other, if you cant get an accurate reading then take the measurement in mm's and then convert to inches from there

^This^

it's the most accurate way of measuring a shock...stroke/spring weight can vary slightly for shocks of the same i2i

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010418
Mobile Version of Website