Coil Vengeance help (from Big Hit?)

PB Forum :: Specialized
Coil Vengeance help (from Big Hit?)
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 9, 2012 at 21:02 Quote
The Vengeance coil forks that Specialized uses don't seem to be covered on the X-Fusion website. Does anyone know what the air fitting on the bottom of the right side (same side as rebound damper) is used for?

Posted: May 23, 2012 at 8:53 Quote
Up for this topic!

Just got myself a Status 1 and have the same question!

Posted: May 26, 2012 at 10:55 Quote
It's used to change the air pressure. Use a shock pump and start at about 50 psi then adjust it from there to fit your riding style.

Posted: May 28, 2012 at 12:41 Quote
XxChris789xX wrote:
It's used to change the air pressure. Use a shock pump and start at about 50 psi then adjust it from there to fit your riding style.

Thanks for the response. I already figured out it is for the air pressure..Smile
I've been riding air forks last couple of years. I never saw an airvalve on a coil-fork before.
There was about 65psi in there and I added air up to 90psi, but I didn't notice any difference....

Posted: Jul 8, 2012 at 22:34 Quote
edon wrote:
The Vengeance coil forks that Specialized uses don't seem to be covered on the X-Fusion website. Does anyone know what the air fitting on the bottom of the right side (same side as rebound damper) is used for?

Did anyone end with an answer in regards to the air fitting on the rebound side of the Vengeance R fork? Have found absolutely no info or manuals for that particular model and changing air pressure hasn't really seem to have made any difference.

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 14:31 Quote
looks like the same fork on my few week old Specialized Enduro. I have the same air valve that makes no difference at all. I keep bottoming in out on small rocks and roots. My lbs called x fusion about putting a different spring in it and the next size spring would be for a person over 250lbs. This will not work because then my fork will feel allmost ridged on the small bumps. X fusion told the shop that they are making a new cartridge to turn it in to the HLR or something. This tells me that they know there fork has a problem but the new cartridge will cost around $350. $350 more to put into a brand new fork. I am not very happy!

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 19:23 Quote
harbs32 wrote:
edon wrote:

Did anyone end with an answer in regards to the air fitting on the rebound side of the Vengeance R fork? Have found absolutely no info or manuals for that particular model and changing air pressure hasn't really seem to have made any difference.
All the manuals for X-Fusion products can be found in this link: http://xfusionshox.com/en/service/user-manual
I run 75 psi and the air adjust works fine for me.

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 20:35 Quote
buckhuntr wrote:
looks like the same fork on my few week old Specialized Enduro. I have the same air valve that makes no difference at all. I keep bottoming in out on small rocks and roots. My lbs called x fusion about putting a different spring in it and the next size spring would be for a person over 250lbs. This will not work because then my fork will feel allmost ridged on the small bumps. X fusion told the shop that they are making a new cartridge to turn it in to the HLR or something. This tells me that they know there fork has a problem but the new cartridge will cost around $350. $350 more to put into a brand new fork. I am not very happy!

Have also spoken to x-fusion distributor who have been quite helpful, the air valve on the rebound side on the Vengeance R fork is not for adjustment but service purposes and not to be adjusted. They have modified the compression damping and waiting to get it back to see how that goes. They can also fit the DLA air cartridge in place of the coil but as mentioned above its about $350 so will wait and see how the damping mod goes first.

@XxChris789xX - the x-fusion site does not cover the Vengeance R model which is OEM for specialized bikes only and non of the other Vengeance forks has an air valve on the lower leg on rebound side (this is usually where you find the compression adjustments).

Posted: Jul 17, 2012 at 9:57 Quote
Why would the air valve be used for service? I never saw any warning against adjusting air pressure for this valve. Also, I thought the X Fusion used a hybrid coil and air suspension design so you could change the air pressure for more adjustability.

Posted: Jul 17, 2012 at 13:47 Quote
I also talked to xfusion and specialized about it. xfusion said the valve is for service only amd should be 50psi. As far as my issue with it bottoming out they said that is what specialized spec it out as and I needed to contact them. I called Spec. and they where no help at all!!!! Told me that that is how that fork is. I am very unhappy this fork (all 170mm) bottoms out when I ride into my drive way and will go over half way with my 120lb wife doing the same thing. It really sucks trail riding!!! Great fork if you never leave the pavement.

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2013 at 8:45 Quote
Sorry if I'm super late to this thread. I just upgraded the R dampener to the HLR. That air valve does absolutely nothing. It's at the bottom of the R dampener which is full of oil. Have no idea why its there. And there is another valve missing on the forks from Specialized bikes. Check out the guide to change travel (170 to 160) and you'll see that they tell you to pressurize the side with the coil. Well, I have no air valve on that side so there is no way to pressurize it (not to mention, why pressurize the side with the coil?). It seems like X Fusion knows they put out a seriously low quality fork for these bikes. Hopefully they come up with some affordable options to fix the bottoming out problems.

Posted: Apr 11, 2013 at 6:40 Quote
Stock spring is green on the vengeance and probably that's the problem for bottoming so I ordered a blue spring will install when it get's here and post how it goes.I weigh 76kg and as per x-fusion chart the green should cover my weight but that does'nt work so will increase to a thicker spring

Posted: Apr 26, 2013 at 3:03 Quote
I got my 2013 enduro evo last week and the std green spring was way too soft for my 88Kg so installed the blue (firm) spring but it still bottomed out real easy. I wanted to keep the initial plush movement so added about 30ml of fork oil in the spring chamber to reduce the air gap and this has made a big improvement. Still really plush on the initial stroke but the support ramps up nicely as it reaches full travel and now doesn't bottom. Still got a bit of top out clunk which is not ideal and may change the damper cartridge oil weight to give more compression damping but it is good to go for now. Really enjoying the evo!

Posted: May 25, 2013 at 8:53 Quote
I changed the stock green on my 2013 Evo with a Blue and the fork now is working fine specialized could have at least supplied the evo with an RC fork instead of R like they did with the sx trail 1 it had a Domain RC, anyway with the blue spring I still get full travel without bottoming and stil get small bump response.Fork is light and feels at the same time solid, it will have it's proper test this July in France .

Posted: Aug 1, 2013 at 12:27 Quote
Now I got a yellow spring which is for over 90 kg will be testing this next week.

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021049
Mobile Version of Website