XFusion Vector Air HLR. Does anyone one have experience with the company and/or shock?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
XFusion Vector Air HLR. Does anyone one have experience with the company and/or shock?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 14, 2012 at 19:46 Quote
I'm thinking about this shock for my Mojo HD 160 as an AM/FR/DH shock over my RP23. So far my RP23 bottoms out even on XC/AM even though the sag is set right. I'm not the only one with this issue and I don't believe shims will cure it. Plus it's not meant for aggressive AM/FR/DH. I know the Vector is new but the coil version is getting good reviews. Do those of you that have experience with X Fusion like their products and think they are good quality? Is anyone else looking at this shock?

FL
Posted: Apr 25, 2012 at 9:40 Quote
ive been looking at it for my downhill bike, im quite a light rider and i generally dont ride Downhill tracks that are longer than 20 mins of pure descent so risks of overheating it often are low for me.
the x fusion has some of the best adjustments for an air downhill shock, and from what ive read it is very plush.
unfortunatly for me its hard to get in europe and i dont think many people have bought it and tried it yet, i am planning to get mine at the end of the 2012 race season.

however, i dont think you need one, i think your RP23 just needs a few air spacers. these are basically plastic spacers that are in your shock to take up your air canister space. this causes the shock to ramp up alot earlier in its travel.
read about it here:
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/tech-tuesday-How-to-Install-a-Fox-Air-Volume-Spacer-2011.html

its alot cheaper than buying a new shock, only a few dollars getting the spacers and doing it yourself or i would guess around 20 to 50 dollars at your local bike shop, and you get to keep the propedal feature for climbs.

Posted: Apr 25, 2012 at 10:25 Quote
Thanks for the response but I just bought a CC DBAir last week. I needed more adjustability over what the RP23 offers. I'm still keeping it though for a backup when the DBAir needs service or god forbid, breaks.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029719
Mobile Version of Website