Good DJ tyres?

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 15, 2012 at 12:33 Quote
Any views on a gold set of DJ tyres?

Posted: Apr 15, 2012 at 12:35 Quote
i dunno about gold. but i like my geax tattoo lights. Better for super hard pack and cement. I like how the tread goes all the way round the tire, and the tattoo light is super light weight.
Hollyrollers and k-rads are good too.

Posted: Apr 15, 2012 at 12:45 Quote
z-man wrote:
i dunno about gold. but i like my geax tattoo lights. Better for super hard pack and cement. I like how the tread goes all the way round the tire, and the tattoo light is super light weight.
Hollyrollers and k-rads are good too.
I like my Larsen TT's

Posted: Apr 15, 2012 at 15:27 Quote
I just ordered the intense micro knobbies, one of the local riders here has them, and they are super soft. He said they're great, so I'm taking his advice. They've got to be better than the specialized rythem lites that came on my P1.

Posted: Apr 17, 2012 at 5:31 Quote
Continetal Race Kings for me. Light, fast rolling and cheap.

Posted: Apr 18, 2012 at 13:02 Quote
I love my DTH's. They work great on asphalt and hardpack and do pretty well in slightly loose stuff as well. Super lightweight as well which is always a bonus.

Posted: Apr 18, 2012 at 13:05 Quote
+2 for intense micro knobbies

Posted: Apr 19, 2012 at 18:34 Quote
Just got my micro knobbies installed and pumped up to 90psi, wow they roll fast!

Posted: Apr 19, 2012 at 18:57 Quote
i know they a bit common but i love my halo twinrails. at a pair for £40 they are the best DJ tyres i have ever bought for rolling on dirt, not so good on tarmac though,,,,,,

Posted: Apr 20, 2012 at 0:15 Quote
Aren't twinrails heavy tho?

Posted: Apr 20, 2012 at 1:11 Quote
Bontrager XR1 Team Issue 2.20 x 26. I'ev run them for a while and they last forever and are super grippy on dirt and asphalt. Cam Mccaul runs them too

Posted: Apr 20, 2012 at 4:44 Quote
BJames111 wrote:
Just got my micro knobbies installed and pumped up to 90psi, wow they roll fast!
you know most of the PB world wants those tires you replaced right ? lol
So yo like the mk2's better ? good to know. This tells me the RL's are not worth it .
I personally like sb8 2.1 rear and wanted a slant 6 front but was running a table top. It was good though . So I never changed it

Posted: Apr 20, 2012 at 5:12 Quote
Caezar wrote:
BJames111 wrote:
So yo like the mk2's better ? good to know. This tells me the RL's are not worth it .
I personally like sb8 2.1 rear and wanted a slant 6 front but was running a table top. It was good though . So I never changed it

Really? The RL's didn't grip well in my local park, and maxed out at 50psi, and they certainly didn't roll as fast as the mk2's. (which are rated to 100psi, I used 90psi) Maybe we can start an auction for the rls???lol. I'll probably keep them.

Posted: Apr 20, 2012 at 5:37 Quote
BJames111 wrote:
Caezar wrote:
BJames111 wrote:

Really? The RL's didn't grip well in my local park, and maxed out at 50psi, and they certainly didn't roll as fast as the mk2's. (which are rated to 100psi, I used 90psi) Maybe we can start an auction for the rls???lol. I'll probably keep them.
I know mk2's are really fast and sweet . I ran them . Good for dirt and a clean skate park haha. Keep them at a respectable air pressure though that is comfortable at the minimum of what you feel is good or you will wind up blowing them up like I did lol

Posted: Apr 20, 2012 at 7:27 Quote
Thanks for the tip. I might lower them down from 90 a bit and try it. I need to get them in the park first, as that's where I do the majority of my riding.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015162
Mobile Version of Website