Do you wear a full face?

Previous Page |
Posted: Apr 16, 2012 at 18:17 Quote
Personaly I stopped wearing one because I can't breath when I climb.
But cheeze sometimes I think I am less agressive because of my fear when going down...

Are you like me?

Posted: Apr 16, 2012 at 19:31 Quote
HenriIV wrote:
Personaly I stopped wearing one because I can't breath when I climb.
But cheeze sometimes I think I am less agressive because of my fear when going down...

Are you like me?

Luckily I live where everything is a solid climb, then a solid decent, so I can wear it on my back for the climbs... otherwise it would be a tough decision.

Posted: Apr 16, 2012 at 19:45 Quote
Wear one every time. Saw too many dudes run their face into trees.

Posted: Apr 17, 2012 at 1:41 Quote
I wear mine on my back on the way up and of course on my face the way down. It has saved my nugget more than once.

Posted: Apr 17, 2012 at 2:01 Quote
Used to always wear a XC helmet but saw too many accidents which ended in dudes with smashed up faces! Not worth it so full face all the way now!!!! Put it on your back on climbs bit of hassle but well worth it, also I agree with HenrilV it defo makes you more aggressive on descents!

Posted: Apr 17, 2012 at 2:03 Quote
No doubt it will make your decents more fun!

Posted: Apr 17, 2012 at 11:01 Quote
Almost always.

As it's been said, strap it to your bike if you have a sustained climb. I went light with my helmet for this very reason.

Overall, a full face is cheap insurance. New grill work and plastic surgery is not cheap.

Posted: Apr 17, 2012 at 12:23 Quote
I have a full face its super light and well vented only ever used it twice however could do with advice as i want to use it more ............
1 does the padding need a while to break in as it seems to make the back of my neck stiff
2 Do you get used to the lack of vision when looking down and also the chinguard area

Probably sounds daft but im getting into rock gardens and i dont fancy bouncing my face off them any help/tips greatly appreciated

Posted: Apr 17, 2012 at 12:25 Quote
could look into the urge helmets i currently have a poc i used for everything on the am bike, only full face on the downhill (even dh bike on am trails am bike on dh trails...)

Posted: Apr 17, 2012 at 12:30 Quote
2 of my friends have urges but i cant get on with them when the am arrives in sept i will get one my ff is a speh deviant 2 carbon and more vents than my trail lid tbh
likeomg wrote:
could look into the urge helmets i currently have a poc i used for everything on the am bike, only full face on the downhill (even dh bike on am trails am bike on dh trails...)

Posted: Apr 20, 2012 at 8:02 Quote
I was thinking of switching to a FF as well, but a friend advised me against it due to possible neck injuries if the chin portion of the helmet catches the ground funny, I suppose this is why guys wear that collar. Has anyone ever heard of this? Is it a serious concern?

Posted: Apr 20, 2012 at 23:06 Quote
Consider the Urge Archi-Enduro? Kind of a good middle ground. Full Face, but much more open around the mouth. I have their Down-o-matic, and dig it, great ventilation, but feels more stout than a Giro Remedy.

See helmet at:
http://www.urgebike.com/en/vtt/archi-enduro

Posted: Apr 21, 2012 at 6:57 Quote
rode with XC helmet most of life as its the law in Oz, you only want 1 helmet and donning a FF just to whip down the shops or for the commute to work dont make sense. I got a FF for a FR trip and the odd DH race where you're not allowed to ride without one. I've had my fair share of offs but the preference is still for a solid standard lip. but it might be the Australian heat more than anything - FF in 32 deg heat will bake your brain to sunday roast perfection in just 40min!

Posted: Apr 21, 2012 at 7:03 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
rode with XC helmet most of life as its the law in Oz, you only want 1 helmet and donning a FF just to whip down the shops or for the commute to work dont make sense. I got a FF for a FR trip and the odd DH race where you're not allowed to ride without one. I've had my fair share of offs but the preference is still for a solid standard lip. but it might be the Australian heat more than anything - FF in 32 deg heat will bake your brain to sunday roast perfection in just 40min!

I have to agree here. I know i should wear FF for some of my rides but it gets up to the low 40's where i am, i don't want to bake to death.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006306
Mobile Version of Website