dual crowns on a hardtail; opinions?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
dual crowns on a hardtail; opinions?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 9:04 Quote
hey i just wanted to get some opinions on having dual crow forks on a hardtial.
i just bought some super t pros and i want to use them without buying a different full suspension frame.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 9:06 Quote
yeh you can but get a good frame one that can take them and will still ride well eg cove forplay its like £550 for the frame but it will nver break its a true dh hardtail

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 9:18 Quote
Why do so many people want to do that. It's just stupid. Rather buy something like a Pike and pop that on.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 9:23 Quote
i have a banshee morphine that has a strong enough headtube for an 8"fork. i had a super-t on it for a while but nowadays i don't want double crown except for a dedicated DH rig. way more style and maneuverability with single crown. putting a big fork on a bike that was designed for a short fork will give you some real "interesting" geometry, but do what you like.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 9:24 Quote
you have a chance of snapping of ur headtube with a dual crown. just dont put to much stress onit. or just buy a freeride fully

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 9:25 Quote
i dont see why you would ever need that much travel on a hardtail, just get a full suspension frame

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 14:33 Quote
make sure the frame is rated for long travel don't go putting a dc on a kona dj ht, some options are the norco rampage torrent maanik sasquatch, banshee morphine .243 racing fr and dh, evil imperial,ns bitch,

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 3:28 Quote
there is no reason to have triplz on a hardtail it looks gay and makes the bike handle like shit

Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 10:44 Quote
hey thanks for all the "opinions" the only reason i would buy a full suspension frame is to jump of buildings hardtails are the shit and i personally dont need both front and rear suspension.
padstow wrote:
there is no reason to have triplz on a hardtail it looks gay and makes the bike handle like shit

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 at 12:47 Quote
in the manual it will say if if the bike can handle duel crown if it cant u have a chance of snapping the head tub and the rear triangle and make sher it isent like a fox40 it has to be something a little smaller like junoir ts

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 12:47 Quote
my friend had manitou stance and his worked fine and now he has boxxer rides

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 12:59 Quote
all there is to say is its fu**ed up !!

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 13:18 Quote
t3aSeR wrote:
Why do so many people want to do that. It's just stupid. Rather buy something like a Pike and pop that on.

yes it is stupid. have a bigger fork will not make your bike better or more cool.

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 at 13:27 Quote
id says its weak with all the new forks now adays 6-7.5 inch travel single crown why do u need the extra weight of a tipple. to me i think its as pointless as running 24/26 stupid any way you look at it

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009117
Mobile Version of Website