Invermere and area trails

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Invermere and area trails
  • Previous Page
O+ FL
Posted: Apr 19, 2012 at 20:51 Quote
Figured the area needed this;

Juniper heights is in fine shape, wet and muddy around the creek crossing

Kloosifier is dusty dry with new sections added. Trail crew on site so use caution. Also it's the CVCS volunteer trail day on Sunday with BBQ following. Please do not park at the mail boxes, landowner issues. Parking lot is north across Toby creek road on Gravel road about 300m, gravel piles not yet spread out.

Johnson has wet/muddy sections, needs another week of sun. Trail nazi is trying to block the trail at the memorial bench lookout!!!

Steamboat is rideable from 1/2 way junction, Red Rock and Snuffy. Red Rock is beat to crap and needs some serious love. The structures are falling apart and every berm is blown apart.

Swansea trails are rideable with some mud and snow from 2k but the road is not in any shape to drive on, major ice and mud but Can be ridden up in the am when frozen.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 24, 2012 at 16:30 Quote
trail update;
Kloosifier had a great volunteer trail day with 40ish vollies! The trail is now completely signed and ready for the masses to ride!
Johnson is also in great shape thanks to some vollie work and the sun over the weekend.
Juniper is sweet

Swansea road is dry to just after the rock road gap.
Autobahn is gtg
Hula girl is gtg
Gravy train is gtg
Lower Dirty monkey is gtg
The new Steeps is gtg
Lower Booty call is closed due to a river running down it.

All trails above the 3km switchback are still covered in snow.
Gate will be going in at 2km very soon and will be locked until the road is dry to the top p-lot.

New pump track construction in Radium starts May 1! Hopefully completed by May long weekend.

Posted: Apr 24, 2012 at 16:37 Quote
Awesome! Thanks for the update! Salute

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 25, 2012 at 20:00 Quote
Kloosifier is getting better every day! More berms added since the weekend.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2012 at 20:52 Quote
Combined Johnson and Kloosifer today. Fun ride, and the rain yesterday just made things nice and tacky. No muddy sections.

O+ FL
Posted: May 6, 2012 at 17:26 Quote
A sneak peek at what's happening in Radium.
pump track construction

Posted: May 6, 2012 at 21:25 Quote
Holy crap! That looks awesome!

Where in Radium is it?

I'm trying to save money, but now it looks like I'll need to build up a DJ bike...

Edit: I think I know where it is. Is it down in that gully? Any plans for anything bigger?

O+ FL
Posted: May 7, 2012 at 6:51 Quote
blendo wrote:
Holy crap! That looks awesome!

Where in Radium is it?

I'm trying to save money, but now it looks like I'll need to build up a DJ bike...

Edit: I think I know where it is. Is it down in that gully? Any plans for anything bigger?

Location is across from the Prestige hotel down by Sinclair creek. The triangle track is the kids track, the oval is part of the larger track still being built.

DJ's will have a small, med and at some point a large line and skills area depending on funding. Phase 1 is the pump tracks.

O+ FL
Posted: May 16, 2012 at 20:13 Quote
Pump track in Radium is just about finished, 1 more day of packing and the boys will have it dialed!

The rest of the valley trails are DRYYYY! But rain is in the forescast.

Steam boat is GTG from the top, some of the structures are in baaad shape use caution, maybe take a rake and give the trails some love

Posted: May 17, 2012 at 16:09 Quote
When's the trail day for swansea gonna be happening this year?

O+ FL
Posted: May 17, 2012 at 16:21 Quote
TheSupreme777 wrote:
may 27th 9 am

Posted: May 17, 2012 at 16:23 Quote
d-man wrote:
TheSupreme777 wrote:
may 27th 9 am

alright sweet. see you there.

O+ FL
Posted: May 24, 2012 at 16:11 Quote
Radium has a new pump track!
Views: 662    Faves: 3    Comments: 2

O+ FL
Posted: May 24, 2012 at 16:19 Quote
Trail crew is working on the Johnson, use caution if riding.
We're finally getting some moisture so the trails in the valley are going to be dust free for a few days.

Johnson poker rally is on June 24th.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 25, 2012 at 7:43 Quote
update time... rain,rain and more rain out here. Even so the trails are holding up well, the sand/gravel soil here seems to drain really well.

Steam boat upper section is in rough shape, Snuffy has had some love and is fun as always, lots of loose rocks to keep things spicy! Rooster is the same. Milkrun is a bit wet and the grass is deep. The rest is as usual....beat down and falling apart.

Swansea is in super shape except for Booty call gulley section that is still a river. Like wise for hula girl gulley, gate installed at 2km finally for next spring and access to the squatter campsite has been deactivated again! NO CAMPING!

Johnson and Kloosifier are in great shape, such a sweet loop. 2hr from my house in town and back.

Radium pumptrack is getting better every week with minor adjustments.

Sun's out so I am going riding!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015327
Mobile Version of Website