Listening to music while doing dh

PB Forum :: Downhill
Listening to music while doing dh
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 12:02 Quote
have any of u ever done this? i wanted to give it a go cuz music always makes me ride a liiitle bit faster than normal so its a gg Wink

so could there be any risks involved like not being able to hear whats going on around you etc. or is it just like riding without it. help me Smile

cheers

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 12:03 Quote
ive never tried it but it would probably distact me from riding.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 12:40 Quote
Doesn't do very much for me.. I kinda block everything out when I'm riding.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 12:43 Quote
Wish I could but I have'nt anything to listen to music except at home. No Ipod, no cd player, only a old sony minidisc that I can't transfert anymore song into as the program does not work anymore. Unable to install on my computer...

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 12:46 Quote
I ride local trails with my iPod in. leave it so you can hear the big noises. so like half way up. I only use it when im COMPLETELY familiar with the trail though.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 12:56 Quote
i do sometimes on my local trail, but my headphones usually fall out pretty fast even with a full face.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 12:57 Quote
tried it out for the first time the weekend and crashed on a rock garden on me local trails so im blaming the music lol i dont like riding with music

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 13:18 Quote
i always ride with my headphones in makes me ride faster well some songs do and some make me more flowy but slower duno y!

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 13:22 Quote
Nothing beats bombing down your favorite trail with some grindcore, death, black, or thrash metal blasting in your head.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 13:23 Quote
I dont like riding with music on local trails. There are peole around and when you have headphones on you cant really communicate with them.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 13:28 Quote
hawskill wrote:
I dont like riding with music on local trails. There are peole around and when you have headphones on you cant really communicate with them.

haha, how the f*ck are you supposed to talk to someone while ur bookin down a trail? Razz

i like to listen 2 rap rock that has a heavy bass line or anythin with a good beat. try downloadin the soundtrack to the NWD movies, i've found a couple good ones in there.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 13:30 Quote
makes me get more into my riding. for me it helps me

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 13:33 Quote
Well im in Connecticut and we dont have downhills where I ride over 1o0 vertical feet. But when ever I see a hiker I do stop (especailly if they have small children or dogs) and say hello (especailly if they are older). Thats just how I ride. I do all of my road biking with a mp3 player blastin.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 13:35 Quote
hawskill wrote:
Well im in Connecticut and we dont have downhills where I ride over 1o0 vertical feet. But when ever I see a hiker I do stop (especailly if they have small children or dogs) and say hello (especailly if they are older). Thats just how I ride. I do all of my road biking with a mp3 player blastin.

nice. i thought you were talkin about downhill trails. ya, if its a small trail im ridin with my friends, we will usually go iPod-less so we can talk.

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009211
Mobile Version of Website