Have you suffered a painfull crash before?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Have you suffered a painfull crash before?
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 12:50 Quote
Shoe2190 wrote:
Fell of on a slippy wet corner was going way to fast landed on a rock on my elbow sliced it down to th bone for about 3 inches. Guess who wears elbow pads these days lol.

Pic of it 2 days after with stiches wish i had got a pic right when i did it but blood make a camera slippylol
SNIP

Edit :forgot the bike then hit me on the head which i was no to happy about but me helmet saved me there

HEY! my right arm is exactly like that! wxept i didnt get stiches...

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 13:26 Quote
ohyeszing wrote:
callmac28 wrote:
when i was like 10 i fell off and put a break lever through the roof of my mouth lol went to hospital and had it stitched up then ate the stitches. but reading through some of your makes it sound kinda girly lolHelmet

Through the roof of your mouth? How the hell is that girly, that's nasty how did you do it ?

rideing round in circles lol

wont very nice

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 14:36 Quote
Krash- wrote:
photo
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/photo/2276/pbpic2276730.jpg
broken fib and tib
at least i got a helicopter ride

Damn that is gnarly! I have a friend who did the same thing last summer. The doctor told him that he basically broke his foot off, and the soft tissue was what held it together. Gross. Helicopters are pretty neat though. Smile

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 14:54 Quote
going home and chain skipped the gear and band 44t chain ring to the back of the leg. chain ring when into the mussel. couldn't walk for 2 days.

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 14:58 Quote
crap man must hurt! i've never really had a BAD crash... i dont ride hard enough, i only do what i know i can do... but i think thatl change Wink

i think
better crap rides everyday, than ver awsome rides once a yr...

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
photo

i win lol plus didnt even hurt ha

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 15:09 Quote
Lucky, my injuries are on the inside, so i dont have gnarly pics to show off... although i do have a shoulder that like to slide out of its socket and make horrible popping noises sometimes...and painful broken fingers...

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 15:16 Quote
funzo wrote:
photo

did your knee cap get riped off? i think that's your leg at least...
well mine is that i was riding home and my chain broke... i turned my bars and the bar end went straight into my abdomen. i didn't break skin or a bone but i lacerated my liver 7 cm long and 1 deep 1 wide and i bruised my heart, i was airevac from one hospital to another and spent 3 days there.

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 15:43 Quote
kalooch wrote:
funzo wrote:
photo

did your knee cap get riped off? i think that's your leg at least...
well mine is that i was riding home and my chain broke... i turned my bars and the bar end went straight into my abdomen. i didn't break skin or a bone but i lacerated my liver 7 cm long and 1 deep 1 wide and i bruised my heart, i was airevac from one hospital to another and spent 3 days there.
i wear shin pad now everyone should

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 15:47 Quote
me and my buddy made a jump but the landing was to close to a tree, so i took it and i land to close to the tree and nailed it and hurt my sholder and knocked the wind out of myself. but i'm ok.Cry

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 15:58 Quote
i tore my acl on a rail at an indoor skatepark, then about a year later I smashed my face on a 8ft drop trying to 360, and a lot of broken bones and scar...list of broken bones include
.r arm
.r shoulder
.r acromion(ligament that attaches to bone)
.r wrist
.r ankle
.r middle finger
.r 2 ribs
.r leg
.l index finger
.l toes
and thats about it so far

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 7:21 Quote
funzo wrote:
photo

i feel sick

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 9:47 Quote
funzo wrote:
photo

You are so lucky that didn't hurt; looks seriously nasty. I assume you ripped the nerves out too?

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 9:59 Quote
1 1/2 year ago My bars caught a tree at about 45-50km/h. went straight face to the ground. after few minutes started to feel a harsh pain in the neck. asked to a friend to go for help, by the time he was back with the rescue team(5-10min) I couldn't move my neck at all. went to the hospital and there the doctors told me I was at 2mm from the feet to be paralyzed down from the neck.

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 10:05 Quote
My first crash was like around 5 years ago. I was coming up at a jump but didn't have enough speed. I nose cased and i flipped a few times until my bike seat nailed me in the back of the head knocking me unconscious and finally rested on top of me. I woke up and felt fine surprisingly.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019090
Mobile Version of Website