Have you suffered a painfull crash before?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Have you suffered a painfull crash before?
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 14:57 Quote
spittingcamel63 wrote:
I don't understand the question. Crashing is learning. If you havn't crashed than what the hell are you doing on pinkbike.

This thread is more about sharing those crashes than simply saying "yes" or "no."

Thread title might be a little off, but if you read the thread it doesn't matter much.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 15:07 Quote
crashed at a really flowy trail real fast and slided like 5 meters on it, lucky for me all i got was a road rash. also at some other trail there is a rockgarden than a little drop to berm and the berm was all dusty, i tried flowing that without touching the brake and my bike caught understeer, almost hit a tree but avoided it and crashed on my hand. it was blue for 3 weeks hahaha

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 15:11 Quote
oh yes painfull crahes arent the fun,.....for the people watching anywaylol i had one last year learning foot jams went to fast got my foot stuck in the gap betweenm my tyre and my fork arch went over the bars and smashed my face on the path and had my arm in a sling for a month (Y)

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 9:03 Quote
face-plant-king wrote:
oh yes painfull crahes arent the fun,.....for the people watching anywaylol i had one last year learning foot jams went to fast got my foot stuck in the gap betweenm my tyre and my fork arch went over the bars and smashed my face on the path and had my arm in a sling for a month (Y)
NO U DIDN'T YOU BELLBUS YOU HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING BIG ENOUGH TO DO THAT APART FROM XC RIDING WITH BILL

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 11:41 Quote
one learn to read and two this was when i was in year 7 i didnt even ride with you till year 8 "you bellbus"

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 12:01 Quote
today i was in Afan bike park doing the Npower section, it was pouring down with rain but me & my step-dad thought the rain would ease off ( no weather warnings or anything) so we got up the hill blasted down to the Npower bit, got all most to the end and theres this steep drop about 6 feet but about 2 foot behind that my fron wheel washed out and i faceplanted a few rocks, stopped dead on them.
went to casualty and got away with some butterfly stitches just under my eye & tore open my chin.
pretty lucky i didn't go straight down the drop.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 12:54 Quote
my friend cased a jump and went back off his seat and got his right nut cought inbetween the linkage and the DH tire on his stinky. he could not walk for hours.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 12:58 Quote
Racing Slalom back in the day at Mammoth, I Got a random shard of metal stuck in my spokes. It then rotated and got stuck on the fork legs, completely stopping my front tire. I went over the bars and smacked my chest on the berm. Separated sternum.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 12:59 Quote
does getting hit by a bus and getting your leg amputated count?

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 13:21 Quote
cracked my head open when i first started rideing about 3 years ago and ended up with 6 stiches and a long perminent lump in my head thats when i lernt to ware a helmet, also cracked my knee open and couldent walk properly for 3weeks at christmas, just as santa brought me a new bike. thats when i learnt to ware shinnys
and then i thought i should stop learing the hard way and buy some body armour lol

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 13:34 Quote
ive dislocated my ankle with enough force to shatter one of my shin bones,and gave myself temperary amnesia with a fractured eye socket. 2 seperate crashes 2 bad months but if crashes werent painful there wouldnt be an adreniline rush when you dont

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 13:37 Quote
i've broken my arm, been stabbed by the end of my bar in the gut, and had seven stitches in my shin(that was from my pedal.) those are just some off the top of my head.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 13:41 Quote
One dirt jump - was big though - we all built it and i was firt to try it!

Front wheel hit the lip and sent me down vertically onto my head - fullface helmet chin piece - bounced into my sternum

This caused the helmet to compress and split into 2 pieces

and =

1 - 2 x hairline fractures through all the vertabrae in my back
2 - Fractured sternum
3 - Pieces of Broken bone around my eye socket
4 - Bruised heart and abdominals!

Bad crash and has haunted me for 10 years!

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 13:42 Quote
mine happened when i was gapping a small river a few years back. me and a few mates had spent a week or so building a kicker and a landing, some 30 feet apart. the kicker took you about 10ft up at the zenith and the way the landing was built meant having to pull a small whip. no problem there. I was guinea pig so off i went at full pelt, took off fine and carved into the landing but the wind caught me and threw me slightly off course and i landed on the inside of the transition, catching my drive side pedal on it and thumped down into the ground.

I dislocated me left knee, shoulder and hip, twisted my elbow 108*, tore my ankle and cracked about 3 ribs. I had my ff lid on so my head was ok but unfortunately that meant i was concious and felt every single one of those injuries happen. i was in absolute agony, to my so called friends amusement, and it took almost 30 minutes for an ambulance to show then a further 10 to get me on the strecher and into the thing.

i was out of action for about 3 months and spent the whole time on the sofa watching cricket.

my bike, apart from a bent crank arm, was absolutely fine.

oh, a few years ago a mate of mine messed a landing up on some dirt jumps, landed on his stem and tore a hole in his nutsack.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012190
Mobile Version of Website