Average price of foam for a 10 by 20 foam pit

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Average price of foam for a 10 by 20 foam pit
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 16:14 Quote
wouldnt it be easier to try to make a box then seal it up so nothing can leak out then put water in?...all you need is wood and some coxing glue stuff...

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 16:15 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
wouldnt it be easier to try to make a box then seal it up so nothing can leak out then put water in?...all you need is wood and some coxing glue stuff...

lol lol lol

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 16:16 Quote
water that would hurt like hell landing in it and its winter its cold as hell out

KoNa54321 wrote:
could i use anything else that foam like old matresses or like card board? or something cheaper if i used card board it would all be free from the recycle place

well what dave smutok and kyle ebbett did was to grab some old gym mats that a local university was throwing out, and cut them up into cubes

well whats upholstry

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 16:18 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
norcoman-1314 wrote:

lol lol lol

that would be horrible, the water would be dirty, evaporate, and think of how uncomfortable you would be walking with your bike soaking wet.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 16:19 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:

its a good idea, if you had a pool or something it would be best to try it, but water doesn't really stop you that fast and can be a bit painful for certain jumps. and to build something out of wood that could hold that amount of water would be hard.

you would need to build something that can hold 1000 sq feet? (i think thats what the guy said), but that would weigh a couple thousand pounds, and a wooden box that can hold that preasure would be super difficult to build, you would just be better off buying a pool, or just buying foam.

DavidMakalaster wrote:
norcoman-1314 wrote:

lol lol lol

tis doable put a pool lining in it should be solid put supports...lots of supports...water doesnt hurt if you wear clothing and put warm water in...i dont think you plan on doing it during the winter...if so snow jumpin...dirty water...dont get the bike dirty(guessing youd use a lake hucker)...evaporation...it rains and if not then top it off with a hose

Just cut up old coach foam and foam pillows anything soft like that just cut it up and throw it in.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 16:20 Quote
whats the chance they would be throwing them out?

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 16:21 Quote
whats an upholstry shop?

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 16:25 Quote
KoNa54321 wrote:
whats an upholstry shop?

Upholstery is the fabric covering on furniture. They have tons of foam.

EDIT: GOOOOOOGLE!!!!!!!

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 16:25 Quote
do you know where one would be like in the yellow pages?

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 16:29 Quote
KoNa54321 wrote:
do you know where one would be like in the yellow pages?

dude use google, honestly....do you expect us to wipe your ass too?

i should also note that if ANY moisture gets in there, it will be so nasty....

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 16:30 Quote
it would be like jumping in wet sponges...ew...Army

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021831
Mobile Version of Website