Posted: Dec 17, 2014 at 9:44 Quote
anyone riding today?

Posted: Dec 17, 2014 at 10:46 Quote
Views: 130    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

pin pointing some of the kool shit out at The Ridge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ride today?

Not I said me...

been waiting all frikin day for the Tire Shop in Leesburg to change the truck tires and a simple oil change ---

been stuck at home all day

they have like 18 bays, WTF... doesn't take that dang long to change a tire or four.... so much for dropping it off the night before to get toward the front of the line

Posted: Dec 17, 2014 at 11:08 Quote
Gonna make a bid with Jim and Tom to cut out the bugger'd up sections of wire fence out there ---

there's a couple dozen sections of fence that's all jack'd up from flooding and or trees falling on them.

gonna try extra hard to remove the lower fence line completely --- it's doesn't really serve any purpose with no cattle out there.

the fence was put up actually to keep the cattle in check --- it hasn't had cattle out there for about 15 years and the "rare" times they do have them out there, they use the fields waaaay over on the southern side of the driveway.

hmmm, I am a little concerned with the property on the other side of the lake --- that's public land and right now (winter) it's very visible from several spots. I saw people out there on Sunday, walking near the water -- would like to go into super stealth mode as best we can and blaster "PRIVATE PROPERTY" / "No Trespassing" signs in key spots along the water's edge.

PARKING --- hmmm, I don't see any way possible to park anywhere near the kool hang-out/camp spot --

maybe in the dead of summer when it's dry as BL's ________. but, it's crazy wet in the fields -- near that pond, soggy as BL's ________. I wonder if that pond isn't leaking a little. tiz man made so....

still haven't found this trail Tom was talking about but, I'll check it out tomorrow.

Flip back a page (87) if you haven't seen the low down yet.

Posted: Dec 19, 2014 at 18:34 Quote
photo

and so it begins..

gonna modify each end for the up/off --- dirt filler, slice N dice the stuff getting in the way... should be fun and that's a sycamore tree so, that wood's gonna last a while **** well, until it floats away next time that area floods.

spent about 2 hours making a little zig-zag trail across the water from the road going to base camp.

made quick time of it with the leaf blower and loppers.

I have NO plans to add any extensive wood features in this area --- it's going to go under water for sure --- if it doesn't float away, it'll get bashed by one of the many dead trees in the area. I'll add a few bits here and there but for sure, no plans to build something like Bronto in that area.

IMO --- this whole area is Dirt Jump central -- prime soil for digging.

the video I posted ---- I left out about 100 yards worth of trail that needs to be groomed. -- from the bridge, down stream -- it was more than I could tackle with the tools I had.

trail is rider ready --- little bits of squish here and there but, weather pending, it'll dry up in a jiffy.

Posted: Dec 19, 2014 at 18:56 Quote
Njoy the ride ---

Tomorrow --- Sat 12/20

shooting to continue busting down the stuff we're pulling from Kojak's -- gonna try to tackle 6Pak

will do that for an hour or so, just breaking it down NOT hauling (shit's too dang heavy unless I really cut it up small... which I'm trying not to do).

then play a little

Views: 111    Faves: 0    Comments: 1

Posted: Dec 19, 2014 at 19:36 Quote
Riding ticton tomorrow around 1. Better see some of you out there

Posted: Dec 20, 2014 at 6:18 Quote
anybody going out there today ? I was going to move features with my truck

Posted: Dec 20, 2014 at 6:25 Quote
AllenPorter wrote:
anybody going out there today ? I was going to move features with my truck

I am but, I'm not sure when ---

Sounded like BL was looking to go but -- that was BEFORE he found out he ordered the WRONG SHIT for HIS bike and he forgot a couple items as well.

Posted: Dec 20, 2014 at 15:55 Quote
http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-videos/video-forrest-riesco-tears-up-the-north-shore/

1:29 --- what the F.... holy crap.

The Ridge will never come close to what is shown in that video but lots of little section of the trail remind me of the shots shown in the video.... and dang, that Banshee is nice (picking up the brand by the way).... used to sell them when BTI stocked them.. picking it the account again.

there's several spots out at The Ridge where we could do almost the same thing. that rock drop at the end, there's a rock just like it out at the ridge

Posted: Dec 21, 2014 at 10:36 Quote
I think the best bet is to just embrace the horse people and got on board with the new sh!t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvE_zn6hh4o#t=100

Posted: Dec 21, 2014 at 10:41 Quote
BLA HA HA HA HA HA....

what the hell?

can get the horse peeps to tow us to bike ramps and shuttle service ---make perfect sense

Posted: Dec 21, 2014 at 11:28 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/11741334/

The Ridge, with stuff shown in the link.... strategically located = off the hook.

Posted: Dec 21, 2014 at 11:57 Quote
I have come to the conclusion that Porter and BL would get lost as Phuck if it weren't for GPS so here's a make-shift map of the new zones ---

** not to the same scale (the Ridge is smaller scale than West Bank and LowJack).

just a basic idea on how to tie one continuous trail together.--- I know several spots of the blue trail would require some real thinking (i.e. bench cuts or platforms to ride on).

later today, I might go out there and walk the line with a GPS, get an idea of how long this trail would be point to point without riding the same thing twice.

Not to scale

Posted: Dec 23, 2014 at 9:11 Quote
bored --- waiting for UPS to come in so I can start a buildy buildy ---

thinking about the Bronto.

gonna move it for sure, even if it technically isn't on Kojak's land.

it was fun but I think for the rebuild I'm going to do one of two things ---

1. simply move it down the hill outta sight from the house, making it more technical, i.e. less straight, more turns

2. chop it up and use in random places for platforms to ride on instead of bench cutting into the dirt

Posted: Dec 29, 2014 at 11:01 Quote
yo yo --

not that you ALL frequent the place but ---

RCF as you knew it, that's shut down from here on out... we pulled most of the features out and we're moving everything to different locations.

NO MAS

no riding on the new guys land (there's nothing to ride anyway, we pulled everything down).

Other areas are being developed near by -- we'll release that info slowly

Normal RCF protocol --- it remains on the down low --- more so than ever with the new setting

Lots of changes in the works -- new no-fly and fly zones, new parking and no parking but as far as anything near the new house --- NO MORE BIKES.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.107697
Mobile Version of Website