Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: Dec 16, 2018 at 7:30 Quote
Yes correct. Shot at Campagnolo HQ and Vicenza instead of Asolo. Wink

Posted: Dec 27, 2018 at 20:06 Quote
The up-turned stem bothers me aesthetically, but otherwise the build looks mint tup

Posted: Dec 28, 2018 at 0:01 Quote
Agree... stem is awful and I don't dig the bars but otherwise, nice ride.

Posted: Dec 29, 2018 at 9:26 Quote
42cm drop bar. My very first Enve component. Big Grin

Enve 42cm bar

Posted: Dec 29, 2018 at 9:31 Quote
Feels wrong posting my roadie on here!! It is rocking XTR callipers and pedals so has some MTB links Big Grin

photo
photo

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 8:58 Quote
I know this will be met with a lot of criticism, but I love customization and bike hacks like that. I rigged a Sram XO mtb brake on the front of a fixed-gear a few months ago. That was a fun project. Sweet build, man! Salute

XO brake adapted to fixed gear build
XO brake adapted to fixed gear build

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 16:41 Quote
I personally feel like fixies are f*cking retarded but... as fixies go, that's pretty legit looking ride.

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 17:13 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I personally feel like fixies are f*cking retarded but... as fixies go, that's pretty legit looking ride.
In all honesty... you are 100% right lol . Compared to road bikes, they are highly impractical. But some nerds like me enjoy riding them anyway haha. Same thing applies to unicycles, and I ride those too.

Also, thanks!

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 1:24 Quote
Philitup wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
In all honesty... you are 100% right lol . Compared to road bikes, they are highly impractical. But some nerds like me enjoy riding them anyway haha. Same thing applies to unicycles, and I ride those too.

Also, thanks!

Singlespeeds are great round here as commuters and pub bikes. Just makes sense as there is nothing to go wrong

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 6:54 Quote
My area is too flat to warrant a geared road bike for how much I would ride it. Although I still have my flip-flop hub on the freewhile sideGeek

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 14:36 Quote
Philitup wrote:
42cm drop bar. My very first Enve component. Big Grin

Enve 42cm bar

Nice upgrade. The bar end plugs of the Enve bars are quite nice and will allow you to tuck in the excess tape. I'd suggest to start taping from the top of the handlebar and work your way down. Keep it nice and snug and you're good to go. Avoids the electrical tape from hell at the ends. Electrical tape should only be used to keep the cables in place underneath the bartape imo. Looks so much nicer and cleaner.

Make sure you pay attention when you start with the first few turns to achieve a symmetrical result.

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
memento-mori wrote:

Nice upgrade. The bar end plugs of the Enve bars are quite nice and will allow you to tuck in the excess tape. I'd suggest to start taping from the top of the handlebar and work your way down. Keep it nice and snug and you're good to go. Avoids the electrical tape from hell at the ends. Electrical tape should only be used to keep the cables in place underneath the bartape imo. Looks so much nicer and cleaner.

Make sure you pay attention when you start with the first few turns to achieve a symmetrical result.

Can I ask what will hold the tape on the top to the handlebars using this method? you will still need to use electrical tape surely.

I only ever wrap from bottom to top using either the tape strips supplied with the bar tape or electrical tape to hold the end of the tape on top of the handlebars.

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 11:41 Quote
Livewire88 wrote:
memento-mori wrote:

Can I ask what will hold the tape on the top to the handlebars using this method? you will still need to use electrical tape surely.

I only ever wrap from bottom to top using either the tape strips supplied with the bar tape or electrical tape to hold the end of the tape on top of the handlebars.

@memento-mori Thanks for the tips! I'll give it a shot tup

@Livewire88 Not sure... in the past when I have wrapped from the bottom to the top, the tape tended to hold itself in place at the bottom, even without a bar pug securing it. Hopefully it will do the same using memento-mori's method. It would certainly be a clean look

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020335
Mobile Version of Website