Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
| Next Page
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 17:22 Quote
I wholeheartedly agree about tanwalls, those would definitely look worse.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 19:36 Quote
It's more that those tires are insanely heavy and don't really offer great grip. Pound and a half added just in tires.

Those tanwall WTBs can be found in blackwall as well.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 19:53 Quote
I looked and never found them????

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 19:55 Quote
I'm an out-of-shape overweight, old mountain biker. I'm just looking for something to ride when it's too wet to ride in the woods. Don't really care about weight a whole lot

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 0:06 Quote
No experience with the WTB but on my previous commuter bike I was running a pair of Schwalbe Supermoto and I loved them. Very light and plenty of grip.

The overall weight might not be your main interest but you'll notice it when it's rotating weight.

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 8:11 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
No experience with the WTB but on my previous commuter bike I was running a pair of Schwalbe Supermoto and I loved them. Very light and plenty of grip.

The overall weight might not be your main interest but you'll notice it when it's rotating weight.

I 2nd what memento said about the rotational weight. You don't want to add any more weight there than is absolutely necessary. Also, love the detailed touches, memento. Cockpit is on point tup

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Kinda wish I wasn't directly following up memento but here's my Allez with some new wheels and stuff. Should be about 16 pounds flat with the pump. Now I'm really ready for summer.

Frame: 1990 Specialized Allez Epic 60cm
Fork: Alu/carbon 1" threadless
Headset: FSA 1" threadless upside down
Bar: Bontrager XXX VR-C
Stem: Ritchey Classic polished
Seat: Specialized Toupe Expert
Groupset: SRAM Red 10s
Pedals: Xpedo RForce Ti
Wheels: Roval CLX32
Tires: Vittoria Corsa Speed 25c, tubeless

1990 Specialized Allez Epic SRAM Red 10s Roval CLX32 Bontrager Ritchey Specialized cockpit.
Stubby stem to compensate for long reach bars
Polished SRAM FD clamp carbon Specialized pump titanium bolt-on skewers
Polished SRAM FD clamp, carbonara Specialized minipump
Upside down headset and stem faceplate no logos on the tape.
Upside down faceplate + headset cups, no logo tape or bar ends
SRAM Red Roval CLX32 Vittoria Corsa Speed
The rims just barely fit between the brake pads, and the tires (both came in underweight, too) measure in at 27.69mm.

Nice, love the profile silhouette.

I don't really like SRAM but the colours really are a good match for that frame. 10/10 would ride.

Posted: 22 hours ago Quote
I like the carbonara pump. Big Grin

To be fair, I like this Specialized a lot better than the modern ones. I like their mountainbikes but never been a big fan of their current road models.

Good looking bike all together! Robin

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027927
Mobile Version of Website