Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 19:36 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
How's the warranty with Roval wheels?

Really like that root beer color on the Fuji

On paper it's lifetime to original owner (me), two years to second owner. So I'm fairly optimistic here.

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 14:37 Quote
Norco Search XR Steel
Pretty hyped on the new gravel rig!

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 14:48 Quote
That's petty sweet... is that a tent or just a bag over the rear wheel?

Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 17:23 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
That's petty sweet... is that a tent or just a bag over the rear wheel?
Thanks! Its a Polerstuff two person tent.

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 15:28 Quote

My freshly rebuilt / refreshed Low MKI road.

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 18:52 Quote
crs-one wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

On paper it's lifetime to original owner (me), two years to second owner. So I'm fairly optimistic here.

So what are you guys liking in the way of Chinese carbon rims these days? Just like a roster of trusted brands that I can sift through to find what I need.

The specific specs I'm after are - tubeless clincher, rim brake, 24h, ~20mm internal and ~32mm deep. Anecdotally it seemed like a lot of the spam emails I got from Chinese carbon companies back at my old job had offerings along those lines, I just don't know who's good and who's shit.

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 19:00 Quote
I think @RMR has a connection with some wuhan wheel maker that's supposed to be legit.

Posted: Apr 19, 2020 at 18:38 Quote
Fresh wheelset for 2020, and supported a local Canadian company

[IMG]https://oi1166.photobucket.com/albums/q604/DBeets77/th_FullSizeRender_zps6nri5gaz.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]

Posted: Apr 24, 2020 at 9:04 Quote
crs-one wrote:
crs-one wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

So what are you guys liking in the way of Chinese carbon rims these days? Just like a roster of trusted brands that I can sift through to find what I need.

The specific specs I'm after are - tubeless clincher, rim brake, 24h, ~20mm internal and ~32mm deep. Anecdotally it seemed like a lot of the spam emails I got from Chinese carbon companies back at my old job had offerings along those lines, I just don't know who's good and who's shit.

got some light bicycle rims arriving Monday, having used a couple sets of their rims on my MTB in the past i've every confidence in them!

went for the WR45, which has the following specs:

45mm deep
25mm internal
32mm external

(little wider than zipp 303's, but same depth)

building them up 2 cross, 24 spoke, on J-bend dt 350 CL hubs with sapim D light spokes and brass nips

wheels will be 1,600g which ain't bad! available in both hooked or hookless, I opted for hooked

the mtb versions i've ran before were hookless, however mtb tyres have much stiffer beads

Posted: Apr 24, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
Very nice, I'd love to see some pics when you get em built

Posted: Apr 24, 2020 at 18:11 Quote
Fresh wheelset for 2020, and supported a local Canadian company
Bike: 2016 Giant Propel Advanced 1 w/ Ultegra Groupset
Wheels: Blade Wheels 50/60mm Full Carbon

Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 1:35 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Very nice, I'd love to see some pics when you get em built

Impressed with the quality of the rims, the spoke holes are now drilled at a slight angle to follow the spoke angle which is a neat touch

Included a photo of them offered up against a 28c gp4000 on my road bike, so you can see just how wide these are! The 38c gravel grinders sit nicely on them and sealed up tubeless no bother

Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 4:40 Quote
Oh wow, those look great!

Posted: May 1, 2020 at 1:31 Quote
Look 795 Blade RS Custom Build

Look 705 Blade RS

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008673
Mobile Version of Website