Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: Aug 3, 2020 at 8:51 Quote
Thanks, good to know, I have ultegra and 105 on my road bikes and I think they are the best shifting drivetrains I’ve ever used. Wish mtb stuff could feel close.

Posted: Aug 7, 2020 at 11:19 Quote
Like a Phoenix from the ashes, the Domane rides again... well, not really, but my crash replacement frame arrived and I got it built up. Just need to hack the chest puncher off the steerer tube. Think I might swap the cover on the power meter back to the black/grey one since the red doesn't really match the red on the new frame as well as it did the old one.

photo

Posted: Aug 9, 2020 at 9:23 Quote
Hell yeah man. I also finally got the warranty claim on my wheels sorted out, and got this weird monster built up. Just like yours, I still need to cut the fork (and remove the tubes, and a few other tiny things).

But in the mean time have some shitty photos.

2012 Scapin Style 1x Campy Easton 3t build

Spec list:
Frame: 2012 Scapin Style 58cm (built by Cicli Barco). Steel TT, seatstays, dropouts, BB lug, and headtube. Carbon downtube, chainstays, ISP, and headtube inlay.
Fork: Mizuno FK-SL
Bar: Bontrager XXX VR-C 44cm
Stem: Bontrager something 90mm (pending the fit working out)
Tape: Silca Nastro Piloti bar tape
Wheels: Roval CLX32 w/ titanium bolt-on skewers
Tires: Conti GP5000TL
Brakes: Campagnolo Chorus Skeleton, dual pivot front, single pivot rear. I assume "skeleton" refers to what will happen to me if I actually point this bike down a hill.
Crankset: Easton EC90SL w/ 44t direct mount ring (giving a top end close to 54/11) and Enduro ceramic bearings
Derailleur: Campagnolo Record 11
Levers: Campagnolo Record 11, front shifting mechanism removed
Cassette: 3T Bailout, 9-32
Saddle: Old-ass Specialized Toupe
Other: Syncros Coupe Cage sanded free of logos, Specialized AirTool carbon minipump.

Initial thoughts: Works pretty much exactly how I want it to. The braking absolutely sucks, but I knew that would be the case going into it. If I take this to a purist Campy shop I'll get my ass beat. Being able to get through my entire gear range in either direction in 3 paddle strokes is a pretty great feeling.

Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 13:07 Quote
2021 S-Works Crux custom build. 15.81 lbs and dropping steadily. Only 0.82 lbs to target weight!
2021 S-Works Crux. Final build haha yeah right . 15.81 lbs as pictured.
Oh yeah baby that black rainbow life.

Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 13:49 Quote
Holy shit bro, that's gorgeous.

Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 0:24 Quote
Really nice, do the newer versions still have 40mm tyre clearance?

Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 1:26 Quote
radatabs wrote:

There is no "newer version". The Crux has been unchanged for the last few years. It will fit 38s but not nicely. 35s fit with about 6-7mm clearance on either side, which is perfect imo.

Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 3:45 Quote
seraph wrote:
radatabs wrote:

There is no "newer version". The Crux has been unchanged for the last few years. It will fit 38s but not nicely. 35s fit with about 6-7mm clearance on either side, which is perfect imo.

I've been out the CX game for a bit now, the last Crux I had was still on canti's and had Zertz inserts Redface

Trying to weigh up between something like a Crux/Super-X and then on the other side an Ibis Hakka, Aspero or Lauf Anywhere. I think most of the riding will be doable on 32-35mm but there's always that extra 1% where a 40mm tyre would be nice

Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 2:59 Quote
New wheels / chainring for my Emonda ALR

LB AR46 rims on dt 350 j bends, with sapim d-light spokes
25mm gp5000’s with bonty lightweight tubes
52T Rotor noq aero ring (previously had an absolute black which sucked)

photo

Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 3:16 Quote
Looks good but you gotta ditch that reflector, kills the lines of the bike.

Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 3:44 Quote
It’s just a light - was out early doors this morning for a ride, crazy how much shorter the days are getting already Frown

Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 5:49 Quote
I tend to ride with a light even in the day, then drivers can't claim not to have seen you

Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 6:40 Quote
DC1988 wrote:
I tend to ride with a light even in the day, then drivers can't claim not to have seen you

I put small LED lights front and rear. I put them on flashing mode every time I ride. I notice bikers with lights better when I am driving thank bikers without lights.

Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 12:58 Quote
Good call, lights are definitely better for getting noticed.

I'm waiting on the Cycliq taillight and headlight that have cameras built into them to arrive... pre-ordered them back when I wrecked with the car but they still haven't started shipping yet.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018503
Mobile Version of Website