Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: Dec 26, 2020 at 11:43 Quote
seraph wrote:
memento-mori wrote:
There’s pro’s and cons for both options. I like the versatility a custom set can offer but I’ve had better experience with (Campagnolo) factory wheelsets than what I’ve had with custom sets.

Plus I can’t really afford to use anything other than Campagnolo Wink

I've never had any bad experiences with custom wheels. I'm running 240S SP hubs on Nextie carbon rims right now, weighs about 1150g for the set. Aerolite spokes and alloy Squorx nipples, 28h, no complaints. Running 35c tubeless Hutchinsons at about 50 psi for "road+" riding. I've also got a set of 24h 240S hubs on E.13 XCXr rims and Teravail Cannonball 35c tires for more aggressive off road riding. Aerolites and brass nipples, about 1300g for the set.

Maybe just my luck then or you're a better wheelbuilder than whomever I've used previously. Nice weights, very light indeed.

Posted: Dec 26, 2020 at 11:44 Quote
photo

Photo locations are somewhat restricted due to lockdown but I'll make sure to snap some more later on.

Posted: Dec 26, 2020 at 12:16 Quote
Damn, I love that paint job

Posted: Dec 26, 2020 at 15:32 Quote
photo

photo

2 new additions in 2020. Giant TCR Adv Pro 0 and a SS All City Big Block which I built up myself.

Posted: Dec 27, 2020 at 5:22 Quote
Got some more snaps early this morning. As the forecast for the coming days is snow and rain, figured I'd make the most of the early rays.

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 12:55 Quote
2021 TCR built up from a frame set back in March;

photo

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 15:17 Quote
Livewire88 wrote:
2021 TCR built up from a frame set back in March;

photo

Noooice Big Grin

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 16:06 Quote
My friend just bought one of those frames not knowing it was Di2/eTap only. lol

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 1:27 Quote
seraph wrote:

Another £1k+ and he will be good to go, lmao

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 1:42 Quote
Livewire88 wrote:
seraph wrote:

Cheapest Di2 groupset he can find online is Ultegra for $2k.

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 3:10 Quote
seraph wrote:
Livewire88 wrote:
seraph wrote:

Where is he looking? It's pretty easy to find ultegra upgrade kits for $1200 depending upon what you need as far a batteries and shit goes. He doesn't need cassette, cranks, or calipers right? Just the derailleurs and the levers plus cables and battery bits right? Those pop up on eBay for like $900-1000 often enough.

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 12:01 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
seraph wrote:
Livewire88 wrote:

Where is he looking? It's pretty easy to find ultegra upgrade kits for $1200 depending upon what you need as far a batteries and shit goes. He doesn't need cassette, cranks, or calipers right? Just the derailleurs and the levers plus cables and battery bits right? Those pop up on eBay for like $900-1000 often enough.

No he needs everything. Cranks, derailleurs, wires, junction boxes, etc.

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 13:03 Quote
Really be nice to see Shimano bring out a 105 Di2 group... 105 is so nice for the money and it'd make for a great place to keep wired electronics in their lineup as they move the top tiers to wireless with the next releases. Would all but kill mechanical too, which I'm a bit sad about. I still love mechanical shifting on the road but I've come to terms with moving to electronic on my next group.

Posted: Jan 6, 2021 at 1:42 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Really be nice to see Shimano bring out a 105 Di2 group... 105 is so nice for the money and it'd make for a great place to keep wired electronics in their lineup as they move the top tiers to wireless with the next releases. Would all but kill mechanical too, which I'm a bit sad about. I still love mechanical shifting on the road but I've come to terms with moving to electronic on my next group.

I'm sure they will get there. Di2 is lovely.

Unless someone else was paying I wouldn't go with it on MTB purely because of the damage risk but I'm absolutely sold for road use.

Posted: Jan 6, 2021 at 1:47 Quote
stoo61 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

I'm sure they will get there. Di2 is lovely.

Unless someone else was paying I wouldn't go with it on MTB purely because of the damage risk but I'm absolutely sold for road use.

All my bikes have electronic shifting. It's the bee's knees.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021023
Mobile Version of Website