Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 7:43 Quote
adm750 wrote:
lol...NYC would be mad on a bike...and some driver's are definitely worthy of being punched.

most of the roadies around here I come across just ride like a**hats. I mean they break all the rules and do all the sh*t that pisses people off which, like seraph said, lives up to the stereotypes...

not to mention the attitudes.... some of them are just f**king dicks. they act and ride that way....

Again, you look like a page from the Pearl Izumi website....rocking $300+ Sidi shoes,...and you won't even make eye contact 'cause I rolled up on an old bike with downtube shifters. GTFOH....

A-group...? I though A-group was supposed to mean fast people...? Guess it means A$$hole people. oh, and by the way all I can hear is your poorly adjusted rear derailleur...thanks for breaking the silence....but at least you look cool. Go 'head and roll that stop sign in front of that car dude, they can't possibly miss you in all that neon sh*t...

What somebody is willing to spend on their gear is completely up to them and has nothing to do with normal, social behaviour. If you act like that one the bike, it's very likely you are like that off the bike as well. It does differ per country though, I see a big difference in behavior between Italy where I live now and NL where I lived before.

The only ones I don't greet on the bike are the ones without a helmet, all the rest get a nod or a thumbs up.

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 8:14 Quote
agreed...a zebra can't change his stripes.

I was only recounting my experiences regarding the Grand Tour wanna-be's I've come across and their @$$ like behavior on the bike....not meaning to broad stroke stereotype anyone with nice gear. Salute

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 12:59 Quote
ok..so we were geeking out on bar tape a bit ago...

got the Fizik Microtex Classic 2mm tape....absolutely love it. thanks for the suggestions guys.

So...I tried doing the top down wrap but just didn't like the way it was coming out. Those white edges were staring me straight in the face. I even contemplated washing bars with red dyed water afterwards to make it go away. So I decided to start from the bar end and work up to the top. No figure 8 though at the hoods. Tape is thin enough to do a wrap over the bodies, reverse direction, and keep things tidy and without bulkiness. Plus I did use the small filler pieces to cover the clamp which worked nicely.

I don't do this nearly as often as I did "back in the day" so this is about as good as it gets for me. (excuse the messy garage...)

Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 11:37 Quote
My road bike could beat up your road bike.

Something something that ain't a road bike.

Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 11:42 Quote
looks ready for some gaps

Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 12:46 Quote
Hey, that ain't a road bike.

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 16:03 Quote
hmm...that checks a lot of boxes

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 16:34 Quote
jph406 wrote:
What's up fam!

Sweet bike... but that bar/lever angle is killing me.

Posted: Feb 3, 2021 at 17:39 Quote
Man that looks mean and fast as hell. Big ol ring, little cassette. A1.

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 0:30 Quote
I always wonder, why would someone opt for mechanical disc brakes? Maybe I'm missing something...

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 6:58 Quote
Sweet bike... but that bar/lever angle is killing me.
- I think it might be the angle of the photo. But they could probably use a push down for those time trial days.

Man that looks mean and fast as hell. Big ol ring, little cassette. A1.
- Thanks!

I always wonder, why would someone opt for mechanical disc brakes? Maybe I'm missing something...
- Haven't got permission from the wife to spend more on this bike. Some Sram Force Hydra are on the list though.

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 7:18 Quote
memento-mori wrote:

The Reason I opt for Mechanical disk brakes are that they are easy to fix and just easier to find potential problems with your braking system.

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
jph406 wrote:

- Haven't got permission from the wife to spend more on this bike. Some Sram Force Hydra are on the list though.

Fair enough! Happy wife, happy life!

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007770
Mobile Version of Website