Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Author Message
Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 14:10 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
seraph wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

The connection area is actually larger on speedplay... it's a far superior system in every way but dirt clearance in the cleat. Their support system was what really crippled them

The percentage of cleat/pedal contact on the Speedplay may be higher but my Keo contact patch it way wider. Also the Speedplay cleat/pedal "click" when clipping in has never felt solid enough for me. I like an ultra-tight connection with no float.
How much have you played with the adjustments? That's actually what I like best about speedplay... you can set a zero degree float with the screws on the cleat but still have some room for error in your cleat position since the adjustment is range is so wide vs with SPD/KEO where the cleat position has to be spot on or your knees pay the price. And I've always had super positive cleat engagement apart from the one time someone mistakenly sold me light action cleats.

My only gripes were limited 4 bolt shoe availability, which is minor given the adapters, and the previously mentioned dirt issues if you do much walking.

I don't dislike SPD, or KEO for that matter, but I think speedplay has a slight edge overall and just needs a bit more fine tuning which I'm hopeful Wahoo is going to bring to the table. I like how they increased the metal coverage on the body to start with, cut down on wear, and moved to sealed bearings to cut down on maintenance.

The new Wahoo pedals do look nice. We have them at the store. My co-worker tells me that they even put better bearings so you don't have to use the grease gun anymore.

Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 14:24 Quote
Yeah, they did. Should be way more durable. I never personally had an issue but I was pretty good about greasing them... heard some horror stories though.

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 4:20 Quote

Easy spin yesterday, humid AF.

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 5:21 Quote
that's a beauty...

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 14:26 Quote


Meet Alby, my latest addition.

Albannach Torragar - All road, gravel, fast touring bike.

Custom titanium frame, built up with the best bits. Nothing whacky just lovely parts.

Got a couple wheel sets for easy transition.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 14:41 Quote
Hell yeah, that's rad... good looking bike!

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 17:02 Quote
daaaaaaang......very nice stoo...! sweet build

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 12:07 Quote
Six months of waiting... but worth the wait. Picked it up yesterday, got about 45 miles in so far and absolutely loving it. First time owning a Di2 bike and having more time on it that a short test ride, definitely miss the tactile sensation of shifting but damn this thing is flawlessly smooth shifting.


Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 12:26 Quote
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nice ride, to say the least.

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 13:27 Quote
I have my eye on the new P1 Emonda SLR 6 ETap with a wild 80s themed paint job.
A man can dream...

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 13:50 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Six months of waiting... but worth the wait. Picked it up yesterday, got about 45 miles in so far and absolutely loving it. First time owning a Di2 bike and having more time on it that a short test ride, definitely miss the tactile sensation of shifting but damn this thing is flawlessly smooth shifting.


Nice! Di2 is the only way for your best road bike.

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 14:13 Quote
That's sweet 'brown..!

maybe I could do EPS on my old Allez Cool

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 14:18 Quote
stoo61 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Six months of waiting... but worth the wait. Picked it up yesterday, got about 45 miles in so far and absolutely loving it. First time owning a Di2 bike and having more time on it that a short test ride, definitely miss the tactile sensation of shifting but damn this thing is flawlessly smooth shifting.

Nice! Di2 is the only way for your best road bike.

*laughs in AXS*

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 16:08 Quote
seraph wrote:
stoo61 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Six months of waiting... but worth the wait. Picked it up yesterday, got about 45 miles in so far and absolutely loving it. First time owning a Di2 bike and having more time on it that a short test ride, definitely miss the tactile sensation of shifting but damn this thing is flawlessly smooth shifting.

Nice! Di2 is the only way for your best road bike.

*laughs in AXS*
The shimano cassettes just shift so much better though. Hyperglide is tops

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 16:33 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
seraph wrote:
stoo61 wrote:


Nice! Di2 is the only way for your best road bike.

*laughs in AXS*
The shimano cassettes just shift so much better though. Hyperglide is tops

The Red AXS road cassettes with the flat top chains shift better and quieter than anything else I've ever ridden, with the exception of EPS.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008405
Mobile Version of Website