Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 6:16 Quote
Well, in my own limited manner yes haha.

Video is not that special but it was a nicer opening than most.

Posted: Oct 10, 2021 at 23:59 Quote
Yesterday's adventure; 133 km - 82 miles // 7h 28m // 3,095m - 10154ft

Passo Xomo - Passo Borcalo - Passo Coe and Cima Valbona were the main challenges during this ride.

From around 85km - 53 miles it was mostly downhill, starting with an epic downhill of approx 30km - 19 miles. Quite chilly though at 4 degrees celcius / 39F! I really like the Castelli Gabba though for these type of conditions, very impressive piece of kit when used in the correct setting.

Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 0:02 Quote
39 degrees Fahrenheit?? Jesus. No thank you. Add wind chill to that and I'm basically dead.

Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 0:05 Quote
seraph wrote:
39 degrees Fahrenheit?? Jesus. No thank you. Add wind chill to that and I'm basically dead.

Correct, that was at approx 1800m altitude.

I brought the Rapha shadow jacket which in combination with the Gabba was perfect. Was quite happy I brought gloves as well which I normally never do.

In terms of bibs I was using the Rapha winter bibs, which have a thermo roubaix fleece lining which was much appreciated on the downhill haha.

Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 2:34 Quote
4°c is fine as long as you've got a good windproof layer! Though near me there isn't much time to get cold as the longest descent is no more than 1 minute

Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 5:01 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
seraph wrote:

Correct, that was at approx 1800m altitude.

I brought the Rapha shadow jacket which in combination with the Gabba was perfect. Was quite happy I brought gloves as well which I normally never do.

In terms of bibs I was using the Rapha winter bibs, which have a thermo roubaix fleece lining which was much appreciated on the downhill haha.

stunning scenery 'mori..! sounds like a fantastic ride...despite the cold

not uncommon around here to have road rides in the 30's / low 40's F. I'm the only guy that shows up to cold weather rides in shorts.

The only cold weather kit I have left is my old 7-Eleven Descente jacket which works surprisingly well in all conditions, even below freezing. Long winter bibs are gone as well as my old shoe covers. I just don't ride enough to warrant spending money on new stuff at the moment. That leaves me with only bib shorts for the legs. I always apply a good skin lotion to my legs prior to heading out and that does enough to keep the heat in. A layer of Saran-wrap over the forward part of my foot act as ghetto wind blockers. I used to use a sheet of newspaper but the ink f**ks up your socks Razz

| Next Page

Active Forum Threads
2 mins ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
4 mins ago - Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
11 mins ago - YT Jeffsy 29 Thread
15 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
19 mins ago - HOW TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK {☎} +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta,Brunei,Japan
21 mins ago - Love Spells Which Manifests In 24 hours {☎} +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta,Brunei
22 mins ago - Tallboy v4 Lower link
23 mins ago - Best Online Love Spell Caster to get your Ex Lover +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta
23 mins ago - Strong And Powerful Love Spell To Win Your Ex Back +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta
25 mins ago - Money Rituals That Really Work +27735257866 in South Africa,USA,UK,Canada,Lesotho,Zambia,Zimbabwe,UAE
26 mins ago - Most Effective Money Spells to Get Rich in South Africa +27735257866 USA,UK,Canada,Lesotho,Zambia,Zimbabwe (BMX)
28 mins ago - High Quality SSD Solution for Cleaning Black Money in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho
33 mins ago - Crank question…need a little help
34 mins ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
37 mins ago - SSD Chemical for Defaced Notes in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho,Swaziland,Kenya
38 mins ago - Ssd Super Automatic Solution in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho,Swaziland
40 mins ago - DX-1 SSD Solution and Activation Powder in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho
41 mins ago - Black Money Cleaning SSD Chemicals suppliers +27735257866 in South Africa,Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana
41 mins ago - Trek Slash 2021 ?
42 mins ago - Burnaby Biking
1 hours ago - All Things Meta 29er!
1 hours ago - Osta gamma-butyrolaktoni GBL verkossa, Osta fenyyliasetoni verkosta, (BMX)
1 hours ago - Kjøp gamma-butyrolakton GBL online, kjøp fenylaceton online, kjøp GBL online, (BMX)
1 hours ago - Cumpărați gamma butirolactonă GBL online, Cumpărați fenilacetonă online, (BMX)
1 hours ago - Køb gamma butyrolacton GBL online, Køb Phenylacetone online, Køb GBL online, (BMX)

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007610
Mobile Version of Website