Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Author Message
Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 6:16 Quote
Well, in my own limited manner yes haha.

Video is not that special but it was a nicer opening than most.

Posted: Oct 10, 2021 at 23:59 Quote
Yesterday's adventure; 133 km - 82 miles // 7h 28m // 3,095m - 10154ft

Passo Xomo - Passo Borcalo - Passo Coe and Cima Valbona were the main challenges during this ride.

From around 85km - 53 miles it was mostly downhill, starting with an epic downhill of approx 30km - 19 miles. Quite chilly though at 4 degrees celcius / 39F! I really like the Castelli Gabba though for these type of conditions, very impressive piece of kit when used in the correct setting.







Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 0:02 Quote
39 degrees Fahrenheit?? Jesus. No thank you. Add wind chill to that and I'm basically dead.

Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 0:05 Quote
seraph wrote:
39 degrees Fahrenheit?? Jesus. No thank you. Add wind chill to that and I'm basically dead.

Correct, that was at approx 1800m altitude.

I brought the Rapha shadow jacket which in combination with the Gabba was perfect. Was quite happy I brought gloves as well which I normally never do.

In terms of bibs I was using the Rapha winter bibs, which have a thermo roubaix fleece lining which was much appreciated on the downhill haha.

Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 2:34 Quote
4°c is fine as long as you've got a good windproof layer! Though near me there isn't much time to get cold as the longest descent is no more than 1 minute

Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 5:01 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
seraph wrote:
39 degrees Fahrenheit?? Jesus. No thank you. Add wind chill to that and I'm basically dead.

Correct, that was at approx 1800m altitude.

I brought the Rapha shadow jacket which in combination with the Gabba was perfect. Was quite happy I brought gloves as well which I normally never do.

In terms of bibs I was using the Rapha winter bibs, which have a thermo roubaix fleece lining which was much appreciated on the downhill haha.

stunning scenery 'mori..! sounds like a fantastic ride...despite the cold

not uncommon around here to have road rides in the 30's / low 40's F. I'm the only guy that shows up to cold weather rides in shorts.

The only cold weather kit I have left is my old 7-Eleven Descente jacket which works surprisingly well in all conditions, even below freezing. Long winter bibs are gone as well as my old shoe covers. I just don't ride enough to warrant spending money on new stuff at the moment. That leaves me with only bib shorts for the legs. I always apply a good skin lotion to my legs prior to heading out and that does enough to keep the heat in. A layer of Saran-wrap over the forward part of my foot act as ghetto wind blockers. I used to use a sheet of newspaper but the ink f**ks up your socks Razz

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 6:27 Quote
I built this up over the summer and have been loving it. 53cm Van Dessel Motivus Maximus




Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 7:19 Quote
oh snap..! that's sweet...

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 7:09 Quote
Every time I see Vittorias on a road bike it's like a flood of memories.

I used to run Vittoria sew-ups back in the day. Some Wolbers and Clements, but mostly Vittorias. Had almost a dozen old unbuilt sew-up rims hanging in our basement with tires mounted so they could stretch and cure.
Down in the basement on "tire day" where I'd spend hours unstitching casings, repairing flats, and neatly sewing them back together using my coveted Velox repair kit in the orange tin.

ahhhh....good times

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 8:14 Quote
adm750 wrote:
Every time I see Vittorias on a road bike it's like a flood of memories.

I used to run Vittoria sew-ups back in the day. Some Wolbers and Clements, but mostly Vittorias. Had almost a dozen old unbuilt sew-up rims hanging in our basement with tires mounted so they could stretch and cure.
Down in the basement on "tire day" where I'd spend hours unstitching casings, repairing flats, and neatly sewing them back together using my coveted Velox repair kit in the orange tin.

ahhhh....good times
I love Vittoria's... running the Corsa Control on the Domane and they're superb.

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 8:24 Quote
I used to run the Corsa Evo CX back in the day. The ones that came in the box completely flat and you had to work hard to get the bead to stay on the rim while you were mounting them. So supple, so grippy. Wore out too quick but before that they were awesome.

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 8:55 Quote
seraph wrote:
I used to run the Corsa Evo CX back in the day. The ones that came in the box completely flat and you had to work hard to get the bead to stay on the rim while you were mounting them. So supple, so grippy. Wore out too quick but before that they were awesome.
Yes! That's the one pain in the ass, trying to put a curve into them lol

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 15:39 Quote
The Corsa Speed still uses that open tubular construction. Difficult as f*ck to set up tubeless but man do they feel like magic.

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 18:16 Quote
crs-one wrote:
The Corsa Speed still uses that open tubular construction. Difficult as f*ck to set up tubeless but man do they feel like magic.
f*ck road tubeless... gravel and mountain are great tubeless, road is a joke.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010138
Mobile Version of Website