Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Author Message
Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 19:46 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
crs-one wrote:
The Corsa Speed still uses that open tubular construction. Difficult as f*ck to set up tubeless but man do they feel like magic.
f*ck road tubeless... gravel and mountain are great tubeless, road is a joke.

We've had good luck with the new Conti 5000TL tires, as well as the Enve tires, both in 25c. With Stan's tape and sealant.

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 21:20 Quote
I just have zero interest in running anything with over ~60psi or so as tubeless. It's just not a high pressure application unless you start talking about really heavy duty shit like semi truck tires. 2 cents

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 22:08 Quote
It's fussy and probably not worth it overall, but it's really nice running irresponsibly thin tires and having punctures not be a big deal.

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 0:29 Quote
crs-one wrote:
It's fussy and probably not worth it overall, but it's really nice running irresponsibly thin tires and having punctures not be a big deal.
Squirt 10-20cc of sealant into a latex tube... same/same but better

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 10:41 Quote
My roadie is tubeless but I think over all im with you. The pressure is so high that I haven't had sealant be able, on its own, to seal the hole when pumped back up to the pressures I use.

I have used gorilla glue, tube patch and sealant to fix that tyre and reseat it tubeless but that is a faff n' a half.

I have hookless rims though and I believe its better to use tubeless tyres, further more they are Giant rims and they have a very narrow list of compatible tyres.

I've been looking at getting some hooked wheels (DT Swiss 1100) but to get something of similar weight etc its too pricey at the moment.

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 13:07 Quote
I'm not on the tubeless train yet but don't think I'd ever jump on it with a road bike. Too much fuss and mess.

I'm just happy to be up in width and down in pressure on my roadbikes. The days of 700x20's at 120-140psi have given way to 700/26's at 90/95psi.

My balls and back are in heaven.

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 13:36 Quote
Wait until you try 700x35 at 60 psi and 700x38 at 50 psi lol you'll never go back.

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 15:44 Quote
seraph wrote:
Wait until you try 700x35 at 60 psi and 700x38 at 50 psi lol you'll never go back.

holy shit...I can only imagine Eek

.....ooops....I'm running 700x25's, not 26's. When I was looking for new tires to replace ages old 700x20's, 25's seemed like such a radical departure Razz

Got my first set as a gift from a co-worker when I was getting my Allez back on the road. He'd bought them, never mounted them, and didn't need 'em anymore. Conti Gator Hardshell's....which actually ride pretty nice.

I was going to branch out and try a different brand for the Cannondale but I got a smoking deal on another set (pair of new tires, new Conti tubes, free shipping, under $30) so those identical tires went on that bike too. I think I'll go a touch wider on the next set though.

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 16:04 Quote
adm750 wrote:
seraph wrote:
Wait until you try 700x35 at 60 psi and 700x38 at 50 psi lol you'll never go back.

holy shit...I can only imagine Eek

.....ooops....I'm running 700x25's, not 26's. When I was looking for new tires to replace ages old 700x20's, 25's seemed like such a radical departure Razz

Got my first set as a gift from a co-worker when I was getting my Allez back on the road. He'd bought them, never mounted them, and didn't need 'em anymore. Conti Gator Hardshell's....which actually ride pretty nice.

I was going to branch out and try a different brand for the Cannondale but I got a smoking deal on another set (pair of new tires, new Conti tubes, free shipping, under $30) so those identical tires went on that bike too. I think I'll go a touch wider on the next set though.
I find 28's to be the perfect balance of speed and comfort... and if you like hardshells you really need to try some GP5k's or, even better, Vittoria's.

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 16:06 Quote
We just sent a 2022 Trek Emonda SLR Project One out the door. Full Dura Ace R9250 Di2 12-speed, Aeolus RSL 51 wheels, and Schwalbe Pro One 700x32c tires set up tubeless. Tanwall tires. Gold flake Icon paint job. 15.56 lbs without pedals.

2022 Emonda SLR P1.
Sorry for the shitty photo, the lighting in the store is awful.

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 16:27 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I find 28's to be the perfect balance of speed and comfort... and if you like hardshells you really need to try some GP5k's or, even better, Vittoria's.

Thanks man. I bet the old C'dale would ride amazing on 28's. Christmas is right around the corner and all Big Grin

seraph wrote:
We just sent a 2022 Trek Emonda SLR Project One out the door. Full Dura Ace R9250 Di2 12-speed, Aeolus RSL 51 wheels, and Schwalbe Pro One 700x32c tires set up tubeless. Tanwall tires. Gold flake Icon paint job. 15.56 lbs without pedals.
Sorry for the shitty photo, the lighting in the store is awful.

that's badass...sucks for the lighting though. I think my old wheels may weight 15lbs lol

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 16:28 Quote
seraph wrote:
We just sent a 2022 Trek Emonda SLR Project One out the door. Full Dura Ace R9250 Di2 12-speed, Aeolus RSL 51 wheels, and Schwalbe Pro One 700x32c tires set up tubeless. Tanwall tires. Gold flake Icon paint job. 15.56 lbs without pedals.

2022 Emonda SLR P1.
Sorry for the shitty photo, the lighting in the store is awful.
That's gorgeous

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 17:32 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
seraph wrote:
We just sent a 2022 Trek Emonda SLR Project One out the door. Full Dura Ace R9250 Di2 12-speed, Aeolus RSL 51 wheels, and Schwalbe Pro One 700x32c tires set up tubeless. Tanwall tires. Gold flake Icon paint job. 15.56 lbs without pedals.

2022 Emonda SLR P1.
Sorry for the shitty photo, the lighting in the store is awful.
That's gorgeous

The photo does not do it justice. I'll try to get a better photo when it comes back for its first service.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 0:05 Quote
Just the size of the downtube logo makes it a definite no-go for me.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 0:57 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
Just the size of the downtube logo makes it a definite no-go for me.

It could always be worse though


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007473
Mobile Version of Website