Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 1:22 Quote
Effin' horrible imo.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 6:53 Quote
Quick snap before the ride last Saturday morning, lovely light these days.

photo

photo

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 7:32 Quote
seraph wrote:
We just sent a 2022 Trek Emonda SLR Project One out the door. Full Dura Ace R9250 Di2 12-speed, Aeolus RSL 51 wheels, and Schwalbe Pro One 700x32c tires set up tubeless. Tanwall tires. Gold flake Icon paint job. 15.56 lbs without pedals.

2022 Emonda SLR P1.
Sorry for the shitty photo, the lighting in the store is awful.

That is delicious but its way past the time the tan walls should have disappeared again.

Sometimes, you see a bike with tan walls and think that looks really nice....try it will black walls and see how much better it looks tup

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 8:54 Quote
seraph wrote:
memento-mori wrote:
Just the size of the downtube logo makes it a definite no-go for me.

It could always be worse though
photo

Inside the Trek graphic design lab:
photo

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 9:55 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
Just the size of the downtube logo makes it a definite no-go for me.
After riding this thing for a couple years, pretty much any amount of logo'ing seems understated to me now lol

Steerer cut and DLC chain installed...

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 10:15 Quote
lol

Hello...I'm Scott Easton and I personalize ALL of my bikes.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 18:19 Quote
We had a Time carbon bike in the shop a few weeks ago and I think I counted about 17 "Time" logos.

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 6:55 Quote
Perfect temps yesterday for an afternoon ride.... bad pic though...bad seat bag...bad water bottle..... Frown

photo

went across an overpass that I'm pretty sure was racist though Rolleyes

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 16:03 Quote
Good lord... you bikepacking with that giant seat bag? lol

Nice ride though!

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 3:45 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Good lord... you bikepacking with that giant seat bag? lol

Nice ride though!

Ha...thanks man. Wink

and OMG...that thing is f*cking hideous isn't it...!?!?!?

But it carries a lot of shit. Spare tube, levers, CO2's and the valve head, car keys, some hex wrenches, and a 13mm combo spanner.

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 4:49 Quote
adm750 wrote:

But it carries a lot of shit. Spare tube, levers, CO2's and the valve head, car keys, some hex wrenches, and a 13mm combo spanner.

And that my dear sir, is why it's effn' hideous.

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 6:15 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
adm750 wrote:

And that my dear sir, is why it's effn' hideous.

Yep...!! Fo sho..!

But I won't be sitting on the side of the road, out in the middle of nowhere as it gets dark and cold, waiting for my wife to come pick me up if I get a flat. Wink

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 7:40 Quote
But... that's why you have jersey pockets. I rock a lezyne caddy in my center jersey pocket.

photo

I've got a tire lever, co2 head, two large co2 cartridges, two latex tubes, a patch kit, a tire boot, $50, and this multi-tool:

photo

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 8:18 Quote
damn....that's pretty comprehensive...!

I sure dig that but have never really liked shit in my jersey pockets outside a few waffles and gels. I had to put my phone in my jersey on that last outing which was like WTF..!?!? to me.

maybe I should give something like that a try.....

I miss the days of sew-ups lashed under my seat with an old worn out toe strap and a frame pump. But then I also had this red Cannondale seat/handlebar bag from back before C-dale even made bikes. I literally just threw it away last summer because an end seam ripped and I saw no possible way to fix it.

lol...it was like this one below...man did that thing have some miles on it. I shed a tear placing it in the waste bin....like I was getting rid of an old friend.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175006758731?hash=item28bf37374b:g:QEAAAOSwj-JhXfEn

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
I strongly dislike attaching shit to the bike, I'd prefer to not even run lights and cameras but given traffic bullshit it's a worthwhile tradeoff. Having one bag I can throw in a jersey also means there's no faffing about swapping saddles bags from bike to bike or owning a bag for every bike. Aesthetically, they just take away from the lines of a bike and even though tons of experienced riders run them, they seem like a novice approach.

I've had that pocket caddy for like ten years now and it's held up great. It's not water"proof" but it's water resistant enough that even in the rain shit stays dry inside and there's nothing rattling around in there so it pretty well disappears in the pocket once you get rolling and you forget it's there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012433
Mobile Version of Website