Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Author Message
Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 13:47 Quote
6 Weeks and I'm ouuuuttaaaaa here! If Eastern Europe doesn't exist any more I guess I'll have to goto Spain. If Europe doesn't exist any more I guess there will be bigger fish to fry than a bicycle tour. I'm optimistic though!



Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 14:00 Quote
What's she weigh in at with all that junk in that trunk?

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 14:08 Quote
stoo61 wrote:
6 Weeks and I'm ouuuuttaaaaa here! If Eastern Europe doesn't exist any more I guess I'll have to goto Spain. If Europe doesn't exist any more I guess there will be bigger fish to fry than a bicycle tour. I'm optimistic though!


Don't let war stop you...

Just for LOL s.

lol

Good looking ride, that should be pretty fun. What's your planned ride?

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 14:42 Quote
stoo61 wrote:
6 Weeks and I'm ouuuuttaaaaa here! If Eastern Europe doesn't exist any more I guess I'll have to goto Spain. If Europe doesn't exist any more I guess there will be bigger fish to fry than a bicycle tour. I'm optimistic though!



gaaaahdaaaamn, you comin' back stoo ????? Razz

that looks like so much fun. bet your stoked. Beer

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 17:46 Quote
stoo61 wrote:
6 Weeks and I'm ouuuuttaaaaa here! If Eastern Europe doesn't exist any more I guess I'll have to goto Spain. If Europe doesn't exist any more I guess there will be bigger fish to fry than a bicycle tour. I'm optimistic though!



Love it!!

Can you share a packing list/breakdown? I've been gearing up for this season (tent arrived today!) so definitely looking for inspiration

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 2:36 Quote
Loaded bike is 27kg

Non-loaded bike is 11.2kg

Around 15kg of luggage (plus 2 kg of fluids)

Plan was always to have a bike that I could take the bags off and enjoy in a place, rather than a super heavy slow touring bike. It'll also take fat gravel tyres.

I really cant get it much lower weight than that what with sleeping in fields like a savage etc I'll do a kit list soon.

Plan is vagueish, leaving Scotland 20th April, ride to Newcastle for ferry to Amsterdam. I'm going to see Tool in Budapest 24th May and I'm doing an UltraRace starting in Banja Luka, Bosnia which begins 10th June. Onto Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia, Greece...maybe to Turkey? Its hard to tell how everything will go. All part of the adventure.

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 3:01 Quote
crs-one wrote:
stoo61 wrote:
6 Weeks and I'm ouuuuttaaaaa here! If Eastern Europe doesn't exist any more I guess I'll have to goto Spain. If Europe doesn't exist any more I guess there will be bigger fish to fry than a bicycle tour. I'm optimistic though!



Love it!!

Can you share a packing list/breakdown? I've been gearing up for this season (tent arrived today!) so definitely looking for inspiration


Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 7:10 Quote
I'd definitely opt for the Brevet over the Core jersey.

Few items to consider:

- zip ties
- chain lube
- sun screen
- gilet
- trousers (zip-off maybe)
- Birkenstocks mate, got to bring the Birkies. https://www.birkenstock.com/it/arizona-eva/arizonaessentials-basics-eva-0-eva-u_3857.html

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 9:24 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
I'd definitely opt for the Brevet over the Core jersey.

Few items to consider:

- zip ties
- chain lube
- sun screen
- gilet
- trousers (zip-off maybe)
- Birkenstocks mate, got to bring the Birkies. https://www.birkenstock.com/it/arizona-eva/arizonaessentials-basics-eva-0-eva-u_3857.html

I have the Core jerseys already, like them alot for fit etc lost 10 kg too so they're even more loose n chill.

Yup of course the zip ties, lube (ProGold Pro Link) etc. Sun cream on the road. I reckon I'm taking some old jeans I will hack the legs off when it gets warmer.

Birkenstocks...no. if the necessity for sandals arises I will cross that bridge but I ain't takin em.

Keeping in mind that I can pick stuff up and lose stuff as time goes by.

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 11:45 Quote
stoo61 wrote:
Loaded bike is 27kg

Non-loaded bike is 11.2kg

Around 15kg of luggage (plus 2 kg of fluids)

Plan was always to have a bike that I could take the bags off and enjoy in a place, rather than a super heavy slow touring bike. It'll also take fat gravel tyres.

I really cant get it much lower weight than that what with sleeping in fields like a savage etc I'll do a kit list soon.

Plan is vagueish, leaving Scotland 20th April, ride to Newcastle for ferry to Amsterdam. I'm going to see Tool in Budapest 24th May and I'm doing an UltraRace starting in Banja Luka, Bosnia which begins 10th June. Onto Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia, Greece...maybe to Turkey? Its hard to tell how everything will go. All part of the adventure.


Wow, you are an animal. I take the presta valve stem covers off to save weight Smile

Posted: Mar 6, 2022 at 14:14 Quote
Great stuff! Sounds like an incredible adventure!

I’m gearing up just to do some lightweight day trips into the Olympic mountain range foothills near where I live on my CX/gravel bike. Still searching out routes and figuring out what’s the minimal amount of gear I can bring with me.

Posted: Mar 6, 2022 at 15:47 Quote
My 1983 Cannondale ST-500. First year they made bikes and first model they made.



Funky railroad station headtube badge.

Lucked out and found this thing in mint condition and all original. Took of the toe straps for my own safety though.

https://vintagecannondale.com/year/1983/1983S.pdf

Posted: Mar 6, 2022 at 16:03 Quote
Classic! How does it ride?

I remember at my old LBS one time a woman in her 90’s rode in on one of those! She had hand painted little flowers all along the frame/fork, she even had on a matching Skid-Lid!

Posted: Mar 7, 2022 at 4:43 Quote
GravityCandy wrote:
My 1983 Cannondale ST-500. First year they made bikes and first model they made.

Funky railroad station headtube badge.

Lucked out and found this thing in mint condition and all original. Took of the toe straps for my own safety though.

Nice ride GC...! What a time capsule tup

I had a Cannondale handlebar bag from before they started making bikes. I remember that little logo on it (like your headtube badge...). Regretfully I laid it to rest a couple years ago. (it was pretty badly tattered, but I should have tried to fix it...)
Fond memories.

Posted: Mar 7, 2022 at 20:10 Quote
Just picked up this Kona Private Jake last weekend. Having a blast so far!

Instagram @ifdogsrunfree




 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012720
Mobile Version of Website