Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 23:40 Quote
Desktop on phone picture doodah ain't working anymore.

Tour updates are rubbish without photos so I won't bother haha

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 13:13 Quote
Today’s effort! Salty once again!

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 13:31 Quote
holy cow dude... what a ride...! Beer

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 14:04 Quote
Holy shit man, that's a beast of a ride!

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 0:32 Quote
adm750 wrote:
holy cow dude... what a ride...! Beer

I admit, I had one beer per leg when I finished. Big Grin

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 0:38 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Holy shit man, that's a beast of a ride!

That it was, pretty epic experience. It was a hot one though so went through plenty of bottles!

On to the next one in about one month from now, similar distance but slightly more elevation and a different beast to tackle. This was quite undulating terrain which is more my cup of tea. The next one will consist out of 4 big, hard climbs which will be a different experience altogether.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 0:44 Quote
Here we go, some race snaps!

Still looking fresh - early start at 0600 means the temp is nice in the beginning

Up we go

Result of some hard efforts is starting to show - temperature was definitely rising too - I saw 36 degrees at 10 in the morning

Chasing the group in front of me - I usually do well on the downhill sections

Found the connection - time to refuel

Oh shit - descend! Refuel had to wait a bit!

My temporary 30km headwind return buddy and myself across the line. We kept rotating and working together to keep the pace up in the finale. The rest of the group sat in the f*ckin' wheel - claiming they didn't have anything left in the tank. I believe I just landed there after bunny hopping the cable at the finish.

Nove colli 2022

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 4:41 Quote
man, that's awesome....!!!! great shots. Who's taking those ??

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:34 Quote
Did a 160km gravel ride on Monday, fricken so much fun! Will upload some of that tonight, but here's a bike;

Did a 160km yesterday longest day I ve done. Good times

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:55 Quote
that bike is badass Sherb....! That thing checks boxes I didn't know existed tup

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 11:48 Quote
adm750 wrote:
man, that's awesome....!!!! great shots. Who's taking those ??

Sportograf - you pay for it but great quality shots in general and make for a nice memory.

Nice gravel ride Sherb!

Posted: Jun 11, 2022 at 10:01 Quote
Hey gentlemen. Looks like some thread regulars are making the most of their spring, these photos are awesome to see.

A commuting accident (pedestrian steps into bike lane without looking, prompting evasive maneuvers on my part) recently destroyed my 2022 Checkpoint SL frame and the front rim. Amazing timing, having spent all winter plotting bikepacking trips and buying gear. I haven't checked in a little bit (and I don't want anyone checking now) but when it happened, ETA on a replacement frameset would have it in my hands in mid-November. So for Ontario weather reasons, riding it next spring.

Due to an unrelated injury that happened shortly after, I'll probably be sitting out this summer anyway, so the question becomes: what gravel bike do I want to ride next year.

I really really liked my Checkpoint.
- Specifically: All dem accessory mounts, non-proprietary besides the headset, excellent ride quality, reasonable weight.
- The ISOspeed actually great worked for me, the downtube storage was very cool, the integrated frame bag was sick, but I could live without all of those. Great fit but I know how to swap a stem so I'm not stressing that.
- I didn't like the cables-through-headset thing, but I guess that's only really annoying when building/servicing. Dynamo routing on fork and front-facing bolt hole would be the areas for improvement that I thought of in my one month of use.

Has anything cooler in a similar lane come out since then? I'm pretty inclined to get another Checkpoint, but looking for inspiration. Rodeo Labs Trail Donkey and Salsa Warbird seem to come close.

Posted: Jun 11, 2022 at 10:35 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Hey gentlemen. Looks like some thread regulars are making the most of their spring, these photos are awesome to see.

A commuting accident (pedestrian steps into bike lane without looking, prompting evasive maneuvers on my part) recently destroyed my 2022 Checkpoint SL frame and the front rim. Amazing timing, having spent all winter plotting bikepacking trips and buying gear. I haven't checked in a little bit (and I don't want anyone checking now) but when it happened, ETA on a replacement frameset would have it in my hands in mid-November. So for Ontario weather reasons, riding it next spring.

Due to an unrelated injury that happened shortly after, I'll probably be sitting out this summer anyway, so the question becomes: what gravel bike do I want to ride next year.

- Specifically: All dem accessory mounts, non-proprietary besides the headset, excellent ride quality, reasonable weight.
- The ISOspeed actually great worked for me, the downtube storage was very cool, the integrated frame bag was sick, but I could live without all of those. Great fit but I know how to swap a stem so I'm not stressing that.
- I didn't like the cables-through-headset thing, but I guess that's only really annoying when building/servicing. Dynamo routing on fork and front-facing bolt hole would be the areas for improvement that I thought of in my one month of use.

Has anything cooler in a similar lane come out since then? I'm pretty inclined to get another Checkpoint, but looking for inspiration. Rodeo Labs Trail Donkey and Salsa Warbird seem to come close.

The new Diverge has features. And front suspension.

Posted: Jun 11, 2022 at 12:08 Quote
crs-one wrote:

dang @crs, sorry to hear. i would be of absolute zero value for ideas on a replacement gravel bike.I'm sure you'll figure out something that suits your needs and that you enjoy.

Just wanted to wish you well and am hoping you have a speedy and solid recovery. Salute

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015718
Mobile Version of Website