Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 11:00 Quote
I need to cut about 40-50 lbs to tackle a ride that with that much climbing but man that's going on the bucket list for sure

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 11:00 Quote
just over 21 kmh average is very impressive for the elevation you had. that scenery is top notch too, looks dreamy.

Posted: Jul 4, 2022 at 12:37 Quote
Did a 37 mile ride yesterday. My longest in a while definitely. Prime weather for it, slightly overcast but warm when you were stopped. A little over 2.5 hours ride time, with a finish at Twisted Croissant for a Boston cream pie cruffin. Sorry, no pics of the cruffin.
Nice ride out to Sauvie Island.
Definitely think I'm going to switch back to my 35c "summer" tires after this though. 40 psi in 38c tires is sluggish AF.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 0:52 Quote
I don't notice a lot of difference between 35c and 38c, but will depend mostly on the tire profile. Removing the handle bar bag will make a difference as well I reckon, don't think you'll need it for such distances right?

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 1:02 Quote
Some snaps of the gran fondo and its surroundings;

Maratona dles Dolomites

Maratona dles Dolomites

Maratona dles Dolomites

Maratona dles Dolomites

Maratona dles Dolomites

Fast downhill section right here, this is usually where I can make up some time I've potentially lost on the climb

Maratona dles Dolomites

Eyes on the prize, almost there in this photo. This is the final climb and hard effort at 19%, it's short though. Just some false flat at around 4% for the last 5km approx.

Maratona dles Dolomites

Overall profile of the day, which provides little rest in between uphill efforts.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 1:14 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
I need to cut about 40-50 lbs to tackle a ride that with that much climbing but man that's going on the bucket list for sure

As it should, it's a fantastic experience but more enjoyable when you arrive well prepared at the start.

From all the fondo's I've done so far, it's number one for me.

We were lucky with the weather this time but the Dolomites can be an absolutely brutal place in foul weather.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 1:17 Quote
Kamiizoo wrote:
just over 21 kmh average is very impressive for the elevation you had. that scenery is top notch too, looks dreamy.

Thanks, I'm afraid I'll never be a good climber because of my body type but I'd be super happy with a result under 6 hours next year.

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 23:33 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
I don't notice a lot of difference between 35c and 38c, but will depend mostly on the tire profile. Removing the handle bar bag will make a difference as well I reckon, don't think you'll need it for such distances right?

I keep a spare AXS battery, arm warmers, a tube, a pump, tire levers, my phone, my keys, and my wallet in the bar bag. And in fact wind tunnel tests have shown than bar bags increase aerodynamics.

And the difference between the 35 and 38c is that the 38 is designed for around 40-50 psi whereas the 35c is able to be run at around 60 psi. Not to mention it has less tread so it rolls a little faster.

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 14:28 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
Another gran fondo done and dusted, probably the most beautiful one I've done so far:

Maratona dles Dolomiti - 138km and 4200m of elevation

Short clip to give an impression of the surroundings, this is downhill from Passo Giau, probably hitting about 70km per hour there. Top speed was 87km per hour.

https://vimeo.com/726697127

I'll have some photos later this week I guess.

man, that's incredible. congrats..! all the pics look amazing.

love the vid tup

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 7:23 Quote
New black bar tape, new saddle (Specialized Romin Evo) and reflectors removed from the wheels.

Caged pedals for now until I learn to control the bike, then I'll switch to SPD's.

New black bar tape new saddle Specialized Romin Evo and reflectors removed from the wheels. Caged pedals for now until I learn to control the bike then I ll switch to SPD s.

Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 0:08 Quote
Wanted to explore some new roads yesterday. Ended up in just doing steep hills which was fine but unfortunately didn't lead to any really nice vistas.

Solo ride setup - Lead Out bag for snacks and spares - front & rear light - Garmin 820

Second breakfast...

One of the few snaps I actually took this trip

This ended up going up to 22% - no fun at all - this part here was about 16%

Hill sessions are usually hard work...

Only real spot where the views opened up

But okay, another Sunday's effort in the books.

Strava has a very interesting way of calculating average power. According to Garmin it should be an average of 236W, I'll need to investigate what's the reason for the difference. The Garmin measures via my powermeter and should therefore be correct.

Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 2:53 Quote
Nice. I'll have to take some pictures of my long countryside rides sooner this summer. Although I won't be riding the same lengths as you have, memento.

I came across this which I thought was funny - https://www.youtube.com/shorts/lH4B0FaGU50

Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 6:43 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
Wanted to explore some new roads yesterday. Ended up in just doing steep hills which was fine but unfortunately didn't lead to any really nice vistas.

Solo ride setup - Lead Out bag for snacks and spares - front & rear light - Garmin 820

Strava has a very interesting way of calculating average power. According to Garmin it should be an average of 236W, I'll need to investigate what's the reason for the difference. The Garmin measures via my powermeter and should therefore be correct.

damg man, another solid outing. Salute

Active Forum Threads
2 mins ago - RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
3 mins ago - Evil Owners Club
8 mins ago - Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
12 mins ago - 26 in Cruelty
18 mins ago - Sexiest Trail bike.
28 mins ago - Smart watch for navigation
29 mins ago - Santa Cruz Megatower
32 mins ago - Shimano M7 Chainring Bolts
42 mins ago - Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
46 mins ago - Trickstuff Maxima Brakes - Users/Buyers Guide
47 mins ago - Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
52 mins ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
54 mins ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
1 hours ago - Transition Patrol or Scout
2 hours ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
2 hours ago - 100 (or more) days of biking in 2022!
2 hours ago - The Whistler Thread
2 hours ago - Looking For Ashland Transfer
2 hours ago - Bicycle Groupsets, Cranksets, Chainrings.
2 hours ago - +27732048614 in Dallas, Texas bring back lost lover in Richmond C-19-Voodoo spells Texas
2 hours ago - Stoked Canada Purchase
2 hours ago - ⓶️⓶Greenstone hill [+27-73-204-8614]⓶( traditional healer BRING BACK LOST LOVE SPELL IN Greenstone hill
2 hours ago - witbank••+27732048614•^@)⋇⋇TRADITIONAL HEALERS(*LOST LOVE SPELL CASTER) witbank
3 hours ago - Port Elizabeth 0732048614 Bring Back Lost Lover Spells IN Port Elizabeth
3 hours ago - Centurion 0732048614 Bring Back Lost Lover Spells IN Benoni,Winnie Mandela,InLENASIA

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015734
Mobile Version of Website