Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: Jul 18, 2022 at 19:43 Quote
Not the best picture, but here’s a bike. It’s my commuter, that’s why my shoes are over there and there’s a burrito for lunch in the cage. Haha

Currently listed for sale on CL. My new bike should be finished by the end of the month!

Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 0:24 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
I recently tried out a Form Throne RS TI saddle on my CX bike and I didn’t like it at all for that application, it’s a short nose design and I just felt too locked into one position on the saddle. Swiftly put my WTB Silverado back on that bike!

If anyone is interested in trying it out, let me know! I’d loan it for you to try before you buy.

https://formcycling.cc/collections/frontpage/products/throne-rs

Posted: Jul 19, 2022 at 5:17 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Not the best picture, but here’s a bike. It’s my commuter, that’s why my shoes are over there and there’s a burrito for lunch in the cage. Haha

Currently listed for sale on CL. My new bike should be finished by the end of the month!

that's really nice singlespeed...!

burrito in the cage FTW....!!!

Posted: Jul 23, 2022 at 6:40 Quote
Update on saddle. Took her for a 45 minute ride around town, also wearing padded shorts with my Charge Spoon, and no pain, so looks like I'll stick with my Spoon.

Charge Spoon saddle installed and bottle cage removed.

Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 4:24 Quote
Went for a 2.5 mile ride through the backstreets of my town and back. Stopped by the park on my way home to take these pictures.

Hopefully I'll have the guts to ride on the busier roads with traffic soon.

Took my bike for a 2.5 mile ride today.

Took my bike for a 2.5 mile ride today.

Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 19:50 Quote
Did the triple crown today with an effort on Seymour. 50:44 with about a minute wasted as a friend had his saddle bag fall off so I waited around before deciding to keep going for the pr. Was a decent time. was 131km and 2600m

Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 0:10 Quote
New wheels and fresh rubber. Sits currently at 8.6kg or 19lbs.

Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 1:01 Quote
Thanks! Rival etap could be incoming.

Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 6:17 Quote
damn that's nice Wale...!

Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 14:43 Quote
Sweet ride. How tall are you? that's a big frame.

Wale wrote:
New wheels and fresh rubber. Sits currently at 8.6kg or 19lbs.

Posted: Jul 31, 2022 at 1:28 Quote
Thanks!

Its an XL and I'm about 6'3

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 1:55 Quote
I wanted to do this climb for a while now, after having completed the hike through the famous "Strada delle 52 Gallerie" by foot at the end of last year. Really impressive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strada_delle_52_Gallerie

You're not allowed to use a bike at the actual hiking route but there's a gravel path that is accessible by bike that leads to the same destination as the hike. Starting point is the same but it loops around the mountain instead of going through it, as "52 gallerie" translates into 52 tunnels.

It results in a 10km climb of about 9% average, with ramps up to 16% according to my Garmin. Before you reach the start of this gravel climb, you need to cover about 1100m of climbing on tarmac.

So all-in, 5 hours on the bike, 90km and 1900m of elevation.

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 4:43 Quote
OMG dude... I am definitely living the wrong life lol

that's stunning.

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 14:15 Quote
Who lugged the espresso machine up there? Did they also bring the plates?

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018025
Mobile Version of Website