Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 22:41 Quote
I like to think that someone just brings over shots of espresso and little pastries whenever you stop to rest. I just had Espresso Granita for the first time the other day, really hits the spot on a long hot day!

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 23:36 Quote
Wait, you're telling me you guys never bring your machine from home when you go out riding?

Amateurs....

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 23:38 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
I like to think that someone just brings over shots of espresso and little pastries whenever you stop to rest. I just had Espresso Granita for the first time the other day, really hits the spot on a long hot day!

The Sicilian way, bravo!

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 23:38 Quote
Ok ok....I had my espresso here....

I had the strudel between the top of the tarmac climb and the start of the gravel climb.

The path you see on the right in this image is the footpath which is part of the hike of the 52 gallerie. Bikes are strictly forbidden here. Both the exposure and the actual 52 tunnels you'll need to pass through make it too dangerous to attempt by bike.

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 0:10 Quote
That footpath definitely wouldn't pass health and safety in the UK!

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 10:14 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
Ok ok....I had my espresso here....

I had the strudel between the top of the tarmac climb and the start of the gravel climb.

The path you see on the right in this image is the footpath which is part of the hike of the 52 gallerie. Bikes are strictly forbidden here. Both the exposure and the actual 52 tunnels you'll need to pass through make it too dangerous to attempt by bike.

Goddamn.... that just looks awful, must have been an absolutely miserable ride! lol

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 22:08 Quote
Hahaha, I took one for the team there… Wink

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 0:47 Quote
Unfortunately, it was raining more or less non-stop last weekend. Doesn't mean you can't get out on the bike of course. I didn't see a single cyclist though. Guess Italians really are made of sugar....

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 7:31 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
Hahaha, I took one for the team there… Wink

Honorable Salute

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 21:34 Quote
When the roads are just starting to dry out after the rain is one of my favorite times to ride! Not wet enough to get much road spray though. I actually do pretty good riding in the rain on the rougher roads in my area with my CX tires, those don’t kick up as much spray!

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 23:54 Quote
You need to pay attention here as it doesn't rain as often. As a result the roads become slippery after the rain as all the dirt / grease / oil surfaces.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 6:17 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
You need to pay attention here as it doesn't rain as often. As a result the roads become slippery after the rain as all the dirt / grease / oil surfaces.
Same in so cal... I'll take a full downpour over a light rain for that reason, heavy rain washes it off but light rain makes it sketchy.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 14:17 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
memento-mori wrote:
Same in so cal... I'll take a full downpour over a light rain for that reason, heavy rain washes it off but light rain makes it sketchy.

Guess my situation is going to remain somewhat similar in that respect haha.

Probably even less rain…

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008217
Mobile Version of Website