Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 15:51 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
memento-mori wrote:
You need to pay attention here as it doesn't rain as often. As a result the roads become slippery after the rain as all the dirt / grease / oil surfaces.
Same in so cal... I'll take a full downpour over a light rain for that reason, heavy rain washes it off but light rain makes it sketchy.

Guess my situation is going to remain somewhat similar in that respect haha.

Probably even less rain…
Yup, the more things change the more they stay the same lol

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 17:37 Quote
We get pretty regular showers most of the year here in the PNW. I also ride wider tires most of the time, which helps out a bit.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 18:03 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
We get pretty regular showers most of the year here in the PNW. I also ride wider tires most of the time, which helps out a bit.

"Pretty regular"? lol it rained so much here last Winter/Spring.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 18:19 Quote
yeah summer started late. I love it though. rain doesnt hurt anyone unless you're a witch.

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 20:21 Quote
It was a really wet spring for sure! I only regretted not having fenders a handful of times though.

Witches still be out there!

I’ve had my Kona Private Jake listed for sale since early July and no offers so far, I might just keep it. I’m currently building up a single speed Crust bike. Going to run 63cm Towel Rack bars and 650b x 2.2” tires!

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 0:40 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
You need to pay attention here as it doesn't rain as often. As a result the roads become slippery after the rain as all the dirt / grease / oil surfaces.
It always amazes me how often I see pro riders hit the deck on wet roads when they're racing in continental Europe, I always think British roads must be far more grippy in the wet

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 2:07 Quote
Didn't realise there was a road bike section here. Here's my custom painted 2015 Supersix Evo HM, which definitely doesn't look as fresh these days. Bars, levers and saddle have all been slightly changed since this photo too

photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 8:01 Quote
Nice! What did you change in the cockpit?

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 12:50 Quote
TimMog wrote:
Didn't realise there was a road bike section here. Here's my custom painted 2015 Supersix Evo HM, which definitely doesn't look as fresh these days. Bars, levers and saddle have all been slightly changed since this photo too

dang....sounds like a sweet ride, but the pics are not coming through on my end. Frown

may shake my laptop like an etch-a-sketch and see if that fixes it. lol

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 12:55 Quote
adm750 wrote:
TimMog wrote:

dang....sounds like a sweet ride, but the pics are not coming through on my end. Frown

may shake my laptop like an etch-a-sketch and see if that fixes it. lol

photo

Beautiful bike by the way, Tim.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 22:30 Quote
My current Road Bike in the USA, is my Argon 18 Krypton CS. It is a Carbon Frame/Fork set. It features full Ultegra components, with Disk Brakes, and Carbon Rims. It weighs a couple of oz, over 20 lbs. (9.10 kg)

Ready for the shake-down run. Yes i am running my Mnt. Bike platform pedals. My Shimano XT SPD pedals and matching GIRO SPD shoes are on my Cervelo R3 Disk that is in the Philippines.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 1:06 Quote
DC1988 wrote:
memento-mori wrote:
It always amazes me how often I see pro riders hit the deck on wet roads when they're racing in continental Europe, I always think British roads must be far more grippy in the wet

British tarmac is more of an open / coarse structure as it allows better water management. Motorways in the Netherlands have a similar structure to avoid aquaplaning i.e.

As a result however, British tarmac is "slower" when riding your bike on it.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 1:32 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
DC1988 wrote:
memento-mori wrote:

British tarmac is more of an open / coarse structure as it allows better water management. Motorways in the Netherlands have a similar structure to avoid aquaplaning i.e.

Tell me about it, riding in continental Europe is amazing just for the tarmac let alone if you do it somewhere pretty too!

British roads still seem far coarser than any Dutch roads I've been on, though that may just be better workmen laying the surface

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 1:40 Quote
DC1988 wrote:
memento-mori wrote:
DC1988 wrote:

Tell me about it, riding in continental Europe is amazing just for the tarmac let alone if you do it somewhere pretty too!

British roads still seem far coarser than any Dutch roads I've been on, though that may just be better workmen laying the surface

Cycle lanes in NL will have different tarmac than the motorways in NL. So it could be they're faster than the UK standard for sure.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012688
Mobile Version of Website