Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Author Message
Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 17:35 Quote
That looks like a fun ride! Taking a drop bar bike down some nice single track is a good way to spice things up a bit!

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 22:57 Quote
Well I finished my tour....

Stats:

5551 miles/8933 km
116 days
16 countries
2 punctures

Scotland, England, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Albania, Greece, Italy, Switzerland, France and up through England again to home.

Instagram for anyone interested in the journey...
https://www.instagram.com/bikes_and_beil/



Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 1:48 Quote
Hats off mate, impressive!

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 5:08 Quote
stoo61 wrote:
Well I finished my tour....

Stats:

5551 miles/8933 km
116 days
16 countries
2 punctures

Scotland, England, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Albania, Greece, Italy, Switzerland, France and up through England again to home.

Instagram for anyone interested in the journey...
https://www.instagram.com/bikes_and_beil/

holy smokes stoo...! that's phenomenal.... Salute

not sure which is more impressive TBH, 16 countries in 116 days or 2 punctures in 16 countries across 9000km lol

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 17:16 Quote
That's amazing, well done!

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 18:36 Quote
So inspiring! I would love to do a long tour once my kids are a little older, just can’t seem to get away from the house right now. It’s something to dream about!

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 5:41 Quote
That's so absurd... the UK will completely ignore 90% of vehicle on cyclist collisions and then hand out token empty punishments for the other 10% but now they're worried about death by dangerous cycling for pedestrians, what a joke.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 7:04 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
That's so absurd... the UK will completely ignore 90% of vehicle on cyclist collisions and then hand out token empty punishments for the other 10% but now they're worried about death by dangerous cycling for pedestrians, what a joke.

UK rife with killer cyclists. They clearly need to get a handle on that shit. What the absolute f*ck ??? Rolleyes

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 8:04 Quote
Time for common sense cyclist control, think of the children... mandatory background checks for all bike purchases, and a ban on racing bikes that were just meant to go be ridden even faster into helpless pedestrians, nobody needs 24 gears!

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 9:43 Quote
I read that North Korea is the only country that does it, so that tells us a lot.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 12:54 Quote
That’s so ridiculous! If someone gets hit by a cyclist and dies, it’s almost certainly nothing more than a horrible accident. I’m having trouble imagining a situation in which someone would intentionally use a bicycle as a weapon, unlike some motorists do in cars.

I had a coworker who hit a pedestrian that jumped out in front of him while going through a busy intersection at speed. He had a green light, so they were totally jaywalking! I think the person got a broken collarbone and he was put on the hook for all her medical bills. I can’t imagine getting jail time for something like that.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 14:15 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Time for common sense cyclist control, think of the children... mandatory background checks for all bike purchases, and a ban on racing bikes that were just meant to go be ridden even faster into helpless pedestrians, nobody needs 24 gears!

.....not to mention a firm ban assault shifters..!! No need for shifters that can dump more than one gear with just one press of the lever....

whaddaya think, pedestrians wearin' kevlar vests or something ?!?!? c'mon man...

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 21:55 Quote
I can't see it happen, it's probably a couple of gammons who have got their knickers in a twist and made this proposal. If they actually looked at the logistics of it then I doubt it would be an easy task and certainly not worth it for the few cyclist/pedestrian collisions there are.

An area that does need sorting is DIY ebikes, the type I always see fast food delivery riders on, they're just electric motorbikes and they do travel at high speed through pedestrian areas in almost silence.

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 0:04 Quote
Yeah it's a false flag, not actionable at all.

It's comes within a wee spate of anti cycling articles. I guess because one thing people of all political persuasions can agree on is that cyclists are dick heads.

As a white, western, straight, capitalist, middle class male I experience zero discrimination but once I'm out on that road, riding my bike, I am in danger and often hated....I kinda like it, it's exotic.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008920
Mobile Version of Website