Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: Nov 10, 2022 at 13:05 Quote
I shred single track on my gravel bike all day. 9-50 out back with 40t up front and 38c tires at 45 psi.

Posted: Nov 11, 2022 at 0:57 Quote
any sort of faster gravel or road mixed in and 2x is king imo. having those closer jumps and better top end is the difference for me. as long as the derailleur has a good clutch that is

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 4:54 Quote
Figured I'd just post my Scottish pride in here....3 days up north doing some new routes to me. Unreal. Pissed down almost the entire time but it mattered not a jot! Cool

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 5:07 Quote
holy cow stoo...! what area is this ??

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 6:53 Quote
Looks good, I've only ever taken my big MTB to Scotland but I can imagine a gravel bike is perfect for a lot of the 4x4 tracks

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2022 at 7:31 Quote
adm750 wrote:
holy cow stoo...! what area is this ??

A few places. Out of Aviemore, out of Dingwall and out of Braemar. The Cairngorms and Deeside etc are world class for every cycling discipline.

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 23:49 Quote
It's been awhile, still getting at it although intensity has dropped in these months. Keeping busy with work / better half and some more core stability stuff at home.

I've set up the Wahoo again to start the indoor training regime in a couple of weeks.

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 8:53 Quote
Christmas is close, if anyone in here want to get me this as a present. Smile

J/K, but yeah, not mine, but thought I'd share as I saw it on Facebook.

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 9:35 Quote
that would be nice as hell....!

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 9:59 Quote
adm750 wrote:
that would be nice as hell....!

Yup, she's a beauty.

Too elite for me, lol. I'm probably the wimpiest roadie in here so no point owning one, even if I could right now.

It's like a Ferrari for track racing and as if I'd have just got a driving licence, but no racing licence.

I need to get my legs stronger and switch to SPD's etc, even before I consider getting something like this.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 10:34 Quote
Popped to Belgium for the weekend, it was extremely cold.

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 10:39 Quote
yeah, if money were no object I'm still not sure what I'd do. LOL....

I got shit for miles on last year and it's pissing me off. Winter now so I'm eff'd for road riding.

I really want to change some things around on the Cannondale this winter and ride it more next year. I hate the Shimano brifters. they're just f*cking shite...and despite loving the frame and how the bike rides, I'm put off by the shifting. I walked away from several opportunities to get out on it because I think I may have been man-pouting.

so...it appears that Campagnolo 10 and 11 speed ergo shifters will work with my 9-speed Shimano drivetrain...so I've been on the hunt for a pair.They go from mile to wild in price.

Stumbled on a couple of Modolo Morphos lever sets. One even here in Ohio pretty cheap...thought that may be a good way to just get past the wobbly lever shifty bit of the Shimano. But those come with their own concerns. Most of which I can rationalize but some, like replacement hoods, need to be weighed.

then I started to go full dumb and look at maybe converting the whioe shebang to a full Campy group. Spoiler - my Mavic set with the Chris King hubs doesn't support a Campy freehub so I got cock blocked since I'd have to switch up wheels. I do have another set I could convert but these Mavics make that frame feel much better than my other wheelset.

So...... then my mind wanted to go a step further dumb when i stumbled across a few 10-speed Shimano Di2 groupos. I thought that might be cool shit on a retro frame.

.....plus I need new shoes. lol

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 10:41 Quote
stoo61 wrote:

shit stoo...! those are great pics.

man, I used to love riding in the winter. I have ZERO cold gear anymore...

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 10:43 Quote
stoo61 wrote:

That looks epic!

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021507
Mobile Version of Website