Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 5:59 Quote
shit guys...sorry to hear.

Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 6:49 Quote
They ran some bloodwork and checked the infection value.

Apparently this value should not exceed 5. Mine rated slightly higher at 120. According to the doc I should count my blessings for being fit when it happened.

First ride was somewhat demotivating, second ride I could feel some motivation creeping back which was promising. I simply need to find a routine again and stick with a program.

Maybe I need a new bike....

Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 8:36 Quote
memento-mori wrote:

Apparently this value should not exceed 5. Mine rated slightly higher at 120. According to the doc I should count my blessings for being fit when it happened.

First ride was somewhat demotivating, second ride I could feel some motivation creeping back which was promising. I simply need to find a routine again and stick with a program.

damn man,.... Eek

nah, you just need some seat time on one of my bikes and that would be motivation enough Razz

Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 14:19 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
I've been out of the running for quite a while unfortunately but I'm slowly getting back at it.

Caught a bad case of pneumonia some weeks ago which put my winter workout program to a grinding stop.

The body seems to have recovered well though, from what I can tell it's just the legs that are a bit untrained at this point, lung capacity doesn't seem to be restricted.
Glad you're back at it and feeling better bro, that shit is no joke... neighbor came down with pneumonia and wound up in ICU and lost almost 50lbs over the course of a month.

Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 14:20 Quote
memento-mori wrote:

New bike is always the answer! lol

Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 18:24 Quote
Wow, glad to hear you guys are feeling a bit better. Everyone in my family caught Covid a few weeks ago for the first time, luckily it wasn’t too bad for us. Lots of lingering fatigue though, just started feeling back to normal last week.

THIS happened a few days ago! I was pretty stoked about it. This bike transitions so well from the road to gravel/dirt and back again, it’s wild! Trying to get as many miles in on it as I can, trying to get my strength built back up.

Posted: Mar 21, 2023 at 4:55 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
Wow, glad to hear you guys are feeling a bit better. Everyone in my family caught Covid a few weeks ago for the first time, luckily it wasn’t too bad for us. Lots of lingering fatigue though, just started feeling back to normal last week.

THIS happened a few days ago! I was pretty stoked about it. This bike transitions so well from the road to gravel/dirt and back again, it’s wild! Trying to get as many miles in on it as I can, trying to get my strength built back up.

that is a kick-ass write up. love the detail shots in there too. bravo on that build. Salute

Posted: Mar 22, 2023 at 3:06 Quote
Just got back from 5 days in Gran Canaria, 503km and 12,500m of elevation. Been absolutely floored since I returned home though so think I've picked something up on the flight Facepalm

Posted: Mar 22, 2023 at 3:07 Quote
radatabs wrote:
Just got back from 5 days in Gran Canaria, 503km and 12,500m of elevation. Been absolutely floored since I returned home though so think I've picked something up on the flight Facepalm

COVID? Or a few kilos of cocaine?

Posted: Mar 22, 2023 at 3:09 Quote
mace-the-amazing wrote:
radatabs wrote:

COVID? Or a few kilos of cocaine?

I imagine COVID. Security did look very confused about me taking a kilo of recovery powder out there with me though

Posted: Mar 22, 2023 at 3:15 Quote
lol - Only joking.

I'd do a PCR test to confirm it or not. I heard the symptoms can be similar to the flu, so best to work out if it is or not.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2023 at 11:16 Quote
radatabs wrote:

I'm pretty sure 503km and 12,500m of elevation in five days would hit me about the same as the flu. Ha ha

Posted: Mar 23, 2023 at 2:09 Quote
One for fellow Brit's if you wanna find a bargain and an excuse to get a new bike.

Auctions start tomorrow.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/35000-bikes-to-go-to-auction-after-distributor-enters-administration

Posted: Mar 24, 2023 at 9:42 Quote
mace-the-amazing wrote:
Never heard of this company until today.

https://ltwoo.bike/collections/brake-levers-and-shifters

There's a reason why you've never heard of them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021555
Mobile Version of Website