Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: Jun 6, 2023 at 10:14 Quote
seraph wrote:
The wheels irk me.

You mean the "G3" spoke pattern? Or something else?

Posted: Jun 6, 2023 at 15:21 Quote
seraph wrote:
The wheels irk me.

Because of the spoke pattern?

They are really, really good actually

Posted: Jun 6, 2023 at 15:25 Quote
I’d honestly love to give the Campagnolo Levante a go but I can’t be bothered really when I have the Shamals. The Levante offer a traditional spoke pattern with a wider rim width and less weight actually. Then again…. first world problems and such…

Posted: Jun 6, 2023 at 15:27 Quote
sherbet wrote:

This is one of very few bikes that genuinely gives me bike envy. It's just so fuckin' right.

Quoting entire post to force the thread to see it again. God it's good.

Thank you .

Posted: Jun 6, 2023 at 18:40 Quote
I feel like they vibe well with the crankset though, which is also kinda funky looking (in the best sense of the term). I’m sure the performance is superb.

Posted: Jun 7, 2023 at 0:09 Quote
AG2R Citroen Team uses these wheels as their training wheels actually.

I would love to try some of these components as I think the finish really works well with the Mosaic but I simply can't justify changing my current components. The performance would suffer though as their rear mech only allows 12s instead of 13s.

LINK

Posted: Jun 7, 2023 at 0:10 Quote
memento-mori wrote:
seraph wrote:
The wheels irk me.

Because of the spoke pattern?

They are really, really good actually

Yep. Can't get into them aesthetically. They remind me too much of the old paired-spoke wheels like Bontrager and Rolf. I prefer a more traditional wheel. I love the look of the wheels on my gravel bike. Just ultralight Nextie i21 rims on 240 SP CL 28h hubs with Aerolites and alloy Squorx nipples. Super light and strong. I love the look of the low profile on the rim, plus the lack of graphics.

Posted: Jun 7, 2023 at 2:14 Quote
Yeah I get that. Spoke pattern is not for everyone.

I would prefer these instead;

Levante

Posted: Jun 7, 2023 at 9:59 Quote
I think my next drop bar bike might have these
photo

Posted: Jun 7, 2023 at 13:06 Quote
Mori's bike's are so legit, agree with Sherb... I don't get bike envy often but that Mosaic, and the Baum too, are gorgeous

Posted: Jun 7, 2023 at 22:25 Quote
I'm considering getting another drop bar frame for my leftover Rival XPLR stuff and rebuilding my Crux as an utralight road+ bike again. What I might do is wait for the Rival AXS model Roubaix to come back into stock in 56cm and get that because it would be an easy conversion to the XPLR stuff.

Posted: Jun 8, 2023 at 18:47 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
stoo61 wrote:
Been injured with an overuse injury and no time to recover because my job is pedalling...so in the mean time I've been buying things I dont need in the slightest....like a coil shock for my Trek Fuel and used wheels for the roadie....

photo

Bike's looking good, heal up soon!

--//--

I agree, she is stunning. I wish, and pray for you to heal up swiftly and completely.

Posted: Jun 12, 2023 at 20:17 Quote
I can't keep up in here, but new wheel day for the commuter. Didn't notice the stickers aren't lined up with the stems, and I lined the hot patches up with the stems Rolleyes

photo

Posted: Jun 13, 2023 at 0:30 Quote
What do you mean the stickers aren't lined up by the hot patches are? Do you mean wheel decals? Those don't necessarily have to be lined up with the stem as long as they're the same between the two wheels

Posted: Jun 13, 2023 at 7:07 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
What do you mean the stickers aren't lined up by the hot patches are? Do you mean wheel decals? Those don't necessarily have to be lined up with the stem as long as they're the same between the two wheels

They’re off, and not evenly. I just assumed they would be 90* from the stem and didn’t even think about it. eBay take off wheels, I guess you never know what you’ll get

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015290
Mobile Version of Website