Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
Posted: Jan 13, 2017 at 7:03 Quote
viciouscycleworx wrote:
Custom painted my Venge yesterday, so here she is, before and after……

BEFORE
photo
AFTER
photo

That looks beastly. Its what a venge should be none of that new vias crap.

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2017 at 8:07 Quote
Roadie

2014 Trek Madone 4 series. Actually selling this to fund Di2 and carbon wheels for the CX bike, as I mostly ride gravel roads around my place these days.

I apologize for breaking several rules, but it was the only pic I had.

Posted: Jan 13, 2017 at 8:25 Quote
stemcaps-com wrote:
Roadie

2014 Trek Madone 4 series. Actually selling this to fund Di2 and carbon wheels for the CX bike, as I mostly ride gravel roads around my place these days.

I apologize for breaking several rules, but it was the only pic I had.

Its okay its beautiful enough we can see past the rules

Posted: Jan 13, 2017 at 11:09 Quote
HAHAHA! Thank you man, yeah, i can relate with you on the feelings of hating new shit, but I builrt a feew S-WORKS Vias, and they stayed true to the one venge tradition that matters most, theyre mean, and FAST!!!

jackstack wrote:
viciouscycleworx wrote:
Custom painted my Venge yesterday, so here she is, before and after……

BEFORE
photo
AFTER
photo

That looks beastly. Its what a venge should be none of that new vias crap.

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 15:43 Quote
My friend races triathlons with 20km+ cycle sections. He's getting new carbon wheels, but isn't sure if he should go 60mm deep for both or 80 rear 60 front. He doesn't have a tt bike but he's got an aero road bike (BH) with an aero seatpost and aero bars.

Cheers from both of us!

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 16:05 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
My friend races triathlons with 20km+ cycle sections. He's getting new carbon wheels, but isn't sure if he should go 60mm deep for both or 80 rear 60 front. He doesn't have a tt bike but he's got an aero road bike (BH) with an aero seatpost and aero bars.

Cheers from both of us!
Depends on his rodding ability and the terrain... most tri courses are fairly flat so I'd recommend going as deep as he can control. I wouldn't hesitate to run 80/80 myself but being a big guy, I'm mostly unbothered by cross winds.

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 16:07 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:

Cheers from both of us!
Depends on his rodding ability and the terrain... most tri courses are fairly flat so I'd recommend going as deep as he can control. I wouldn't hesitate to run 80/80 myself but being a big guy, I'm mostly unbothered by cross winds.
He's around 125lbs. He's fast though!

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 16:27 Quote
I'd still probably recommend 60/80 then... the rear wheel doesn't push much, it's mostly the front you want up watch.

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 16:39 Quote
Awesome, thanks man!

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 16:43 Quote
Sorry ... I'm not familiar with the point of a deeper dish wheel. What's the point? Wind drag when there isn't a cross wind? Or is it a weight or stiffness maximization deal? Thanks.

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 16:47 Quote
VTwintips wrote:
Sorry ... I'm not familiar with the point of a deeper dish wheel. What's the point? Wind drag when there isn't a cross wind? Or is it a weight or stiffness maximization deal? Thanks.
More aerodynamic, but the deeper dish counter acts in side winds and weighs more

Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 17:42 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
VTwintips wrote:
More aerodynamic, but the deeper dish counter acts in side winds and weighs more
It doesn't weigh more... it will literally move you across the road if you're not ready for it and able to handle the push. It catches the wind and acts like a sail...

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 4:26 Quote
So they will give you better straight line performance. Though as mentioned they catch the wind. I would say 80/60 combo

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 9:48 Quote
It's actually 60/88. Too big?

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 at 12:18 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
It's actually 60/88. Too big?
No... honestly, anything short of a disc on the back isn't going to be too tough to handle. It's the front wheel that tends to give people issues.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018844
Mobile Version of Website