Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 14:13 Quote
Hey PB roadies. Just finished building my new bike. Got a Project One Trek Emonda SLR F/S that is painted in the Black Leopard theme. Complete weight on the bike is 14.5 lbs!!

Paired with a Shimano Ultegra 6800 groupset, Bontrager Speed Stop Pro brakes (Black Prince pads), Bontrager Aeolus D3 wheelset, Bontrager R3 tires, Bontrager Pro stem, Bontrager Elite handlebars, Lizard Skins DSP 1.8mm tape, Bontrager Montrose Pro saddle, and Shimano Ultegra pedals.

My custom Project One Trek Emonda SLR frame in a Black Leopard paint job. Made in the USA baby
  My custom Project One Trek Emonda SLR frame in a Black Leopard paint job. Made in the USA baby!

My custom Project One Trek Emonda SLR frame in a Black Leopard paint job. Made in the USA baby
  My custom Project One Trek Emonda SLR frame in a Black Leopard paint job. Made in the USA baby!

Posted: Jul 14, 2018 at 19:18 Quote
eastsideride wrote:
Hey PB roadies. Just finished building my new bike. Got a Project One Trek Emonda SLR F/S that is painted in the Black Leopard theme. Complete weight on the bike is 14.5 lbs!!

Paired with a Shimano Ultegra 6800 groupset, Bontrager Speed Stop Pro brakes (Black Prince pads), Bontrager Aeolus D3 wheelset, Bontrager R3 tires, Bontrager Pro stem, Bontrager Elite handlebars, Lizard Skins DSP 1.8mm tape, Bontrager Montrose Pro saddle, and Shimano Ultegra pedals.

14.5 lbs is how much my gravel bike will weigh once I convert it to eTap micro drive...with 35c tires and disc brakes lol

Sweet Trek though. I always liked their road bikes. Except for the new Madone disc. That thing is an abomination.

Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 14:48 Quote
eastsideride wrote:

Great looking bike!

Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 11:01 Quote
eastsideride wrote:

Beautiful build! I love the Project One framesets. Also a sucker for lightweight builds. I've weight weenied my Toyota race team bike down to just barely sub-15 lbs. You have an edge on me there lol
photo

Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 11:15 Quote
That's crazy, what does that frameset weigh?

Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 11:40 Quote
crs-one wrote:

Not sure which bike you're referring to. I'm actually not sure on mine because I've never actually weighed the frameset alone. They only sold 115 to the public and this is #110. Main triangle is scandium and rear stays are carbon. The only place I've even seen a weight posted is on an old Ebay listing... and they claim 1700 grams on a smaller frame size. I definitely think the frameset is lighter than that though.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-United-Road-Bike-Frame-Set-56-cm-LARGE-Easton-Limited-Edition-46-of-115-/351646441806?_ul=BO

Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 12:40 Quote
Philitup wrote:
crs-one wrote:

Not sure which bike you're referring to. I'm actually not sure on mine because I've never actually weighed the frameset alone. They only sold 115 to the public and this is #110. Main triangle is scandium and rear stays are carbon. The only place I've even seen a weight posted is on an old Ebay listing... and they claim 1700 grams on a smaller frame size. I definitely think the frameset is lighter than that though.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-United-Road-Bike-Frame-Set-56-cm-LARGE-Easton-Limited-Edition-46-of-115-/351646441806?_ul=BO

Sorry yeah I meant yours.

That Emonda is gorgeous and one of the nicest modern bikes I've seen in this thread recently, but yours being sub-15 with all that metal is extremely impressive.

Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 16:49 Quote
Thanks! To be fair, I have a different carbon bar/stem setup on it currently, different pedals, seatpost, and bottle cages. But even there in the picture it was about 15.5 lbs.

Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 22:21 Quote
I had delusions about building up a rim brake road bike and seeing how light I could get it. My projections had one around 13 lbs, starting with a Super Six Evo frame and doing eTap, Tune hubs, Nextie rims, EE brakes, and an MCFK cockpit setup.

Glad I'm sticking with disc though. My bike should be about 14.8 lbs once I swap out my cassette, chain, derailleur, shifters/brakes, and chain ring.

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 6:34 Quote
Tell me gents, why can't I seem to sell my rolling module 16' Trek Emonda SL for $1500?!!? ENVE bar! Carbon Wheels! WTF am I doing wrong?
photo

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 6:57 Quote
2018 Surly Steamroller. Zipp drop bars brooks C15 RaceFace Chester pedals Schwalbe Marathon 38s max width

Added a Brooks Cambium saddle and 38c Schwalbe Marathons because why not, FFF. Loving this bike.

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 9:44 Quote
viciouscycleworx wrote:
Tell me gents, why can't I seem to sell my rolling module 16' Trek Emonda SL for $1500?!!? ENVE bar! Carbon Wheels! WTF am I doing wrong?
What size is it? Those seatpost masts you have to cut also freak people out.

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 9:52 Quote
seanondemand wrote:
viciouscycleworx wrote:
What size is it? Those seatpost masts you have to cut also freak people out.

You don't have to cut Trek masts.

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 14:34 Quote
viciouscycleworx wrote:
photo
Honestly... something about that picture screams Chinese knock off to me...

...and I'd bet others are getting a similar vibe. Not sure what it is, but something looks off enough that I'd pass if I was the shopper.

Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 20:06 Quote
WHat does? The whole bike?!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027114
Mobile Version of Website